Human - Unggoy Alliance!

I’ve been thinking (Catalog if you are watching feel free to inform me on this)…Have the UNSC tried any attempts to bring Grunts to our side?
With the revelation of the Covenant being a lie and the splitting into many factions, surely some Grunts would be willing to fight for humanity? We have seen the poor conditions the Grunts are used to and I feel that us treating them in a friendlier way would be a big improvement for them and they would appreciate the freedom.

Human soldiers could be convinced on the fact that the Grunts were slaves forced to attack them.
We have seen Grunts living on mixed species colony worlds but only in a more servant role.
The UNSC could turn Saturn’s moon Titan into a Grunt breeding colony and convert the liquid methane into breathable gas for them.

What do you guys think?

I don’t think Humanity has any interest in “partnering” with any Covenant species at this time. Things are still shaky after the war.

I don’t know if we’ll see a Republic or United Federation anytime soon, but there is still cooperation between the UNSC and the Swords of Sanghelios. Their Fleet’s patrol areas of space together in joint-occupation zones.

> 2533274964417325;1:
> I’ve been thinking (Catalog if you are watching feel free to inform me on this)…Have the UNSC tried any attempts to bring Grunts to our side?
> With the revelation of the Covenant being a lie and the splitting into many factions, surely some Grunts would be willing to fight for humanity? We have seen the poor conditions the Grunts are used to and I feel that us treating them in a friendlier way would be a big improvement for them and they would appreciate the freedom.
>
> Human soldiers could be convinced on the fact that the Grunts were slaves forced to attack them.
> We have seen Grunts living on mixed species colony worlds but only in a more servant role.
> The UNSC could turn Saturn’s moon Titan into a Grunt breeding colony and convert the liquid methane into breathable gas for them.
>
> What do you guys think?

That would be nice, I did feel very bad for them watching the Terminals. Funny too cause their numbers beat most of the other species in the rebellion.
However the loss of many lives & 99.9% of their world. Anyways yes that would be pretty cool. First the Sangheili, now the Unggoy?
I forget, but weren’t the Mgalekgolo (Hunters) allies at one point as well? If not, that’ll be even more bad -Yoink- XD
Then again, in Halo: Nightfall, the Mgalekgolo are still hostile towards humans so nevermind.

What if humanity fails the mantle and the unggoy inherit it?
There are probably a bunch of neutral grunts that go about.

I would love to see some Grunts on the side of the UNSC, it wouldn’t be too far-fetched. However, I’m doubting that it will happen.

> 2533274926135015;2:
> I don’t think Humanity has any interest in “partnering” with any Covenant species at this time. Things are still shaky after the war.

Rolling with this, personally. Even in the Kilo-5 trilogy, you see members of the team restraining themselves from just opening fire on “friendly” aliens.

If there are Unggoy allied with the SOS, I imagine that they’d have little trouble extending their loyalty to the UNSC. If we can remember the early days of the HC war, the Unggoy were the ones trading human soap operas with each other in black markets and taking large interests in human cultures after all.

> 2533274809220485;5:
> What if humanity fails the mantle and the unggoy inherit it?
> There are probably a bunch of neutral grunts that go about.

#Unggoy4Mantle2558

twf you have no unggoy homie to enjoy recreational drugs with

Also, small reminder that the Unggoy had a tier 4 society before the activation of the halo array. But I doubt that they will reclaim the culture they lost. Their purpose is to fulfill the comical, weak enemy-role ingame, and I don’t think that will change in the future.

I would like to see Humanity partner up with former Covenant species. The Unggoy seem like a good starting step. They are not going to threaten humanity and could adapt to human culture more readily than others.

I don’t think they want any sort of military alliance with humanity. Remember, they were forced into the Covenant

Grunts may the enemy but I love Grunts…

~KRAZY

First off I doubt that it happens based fully on the need of 343 to keep enemy potentials intact for future games. The combination of grunts & elites/brutes is a tough combination to just get rid of.

That said, from a militaristic standpoint and logical standpoint, I think the Unggoy would make a fine addition to humanity in terms of an alliance. They were treated terribly, for the most part, by the Covenant, have proven themselves to be voracious when pushed, have proven themselves to be loyal if treated properly, and would do well with humanity in my view. As long as they didn’t begin populating human worlds, it would be absolutely fine.

Elites, on the other hand, would make a magnificent ally to humanity in the case that both factions maintained their own territory but also optioned to come together should the need arise. If memory serves, the Elites were not pleased with the Prophets for not offering humanity a chance to join the Covenant before the everything turned to -Yoink- with the Great Schism. In other words, I believe (again, if memory serves) the Elites respected humanity.

We’ll see what happens but it’s fairly obvious that the elites and humans will be working together, to some extent, in H5.

Good post.

> 2533274875565253;15:
> First off I doubt that it happens based fully on the need of 343 to keep enemy potentials intact for future games. The combination of grunts & elites/brutes is a tough combination to just get rid of.
>
> That said, from a militaristic standpoint and logical standpoint, I think the Unggoy would make a fine addition to humanity in terms of an alliance. They were treated terribly, for the most part, by the Covenant, have proven themselves to be voracious when pushed, have proven themselves to be loyal if treated properly, and would do well with humanity in my view. As long as they didn’t begin populating human worlds, it would be absolutely fine.
>
> Elites, on the other hand, would make a magnificent ally to humanity in the case that both factions maintained their own territory but also optioned to come together should the need arise. If memory serves, the Elites were not pleased with the Prophets for not offering humanity a chance to join the Covenant before the everything turned to -Yoink- with the Great Schism. In other words, I believe (again, if memory serves) the Elites respected humanity.
>
> We’ll see what happens but it’s fairly obvious that the elites and humans will be working together, to some extent, in H5.
>
> Good post.

The UNSC-Swords of Sanghelios alliance is increadibly fragile. The other Sangheili only accepted an alliance because the Arbiter convinced them that we are essential to their survival. If the Arbiter is killed, we’ll be at war very quickly. If lord Hood is killed, I also think the alliance would crumble. Combined with ONI’s scheming to exterminate them before another war starts, it’s not looking good.

I’m not sure if I would go as far as saying they respected us. They respect strong and noble warriors, so they did atleast respect the spartans. The impressions I got from the kilo-five triology is that they mostly view us as inferior.

They’ve also gone backwards technologically. They lost most huragoks and they no longer understand how to repair most of what they have left. They are almost back to scratch as they only had to focus on combat and everything else was supplied by the other species. Technology was provided to them by the San Shayuum which they are no longer allied with.

I would very much like for the alliance to last though. I like the Sangheili.

As for an Unggoy alliance, it would be interesting, but we would also loose a comical enemy. That’s the only reason why I think it won’t happen. From an in universe perspective, the rate they multiply is a bit concerning, even the Covenant feared what would happen if they were left unchecked. That’s the primary reason for them serving as cannon fodder. They sustained heavy casualties, shielding more valuable species and it prevented them from becoming too many. Now that the war is over, they could become a serious threat and I don’t think we have any leverage over them. That being said, they don’t strike me as a warring race. I think they just want to be left alone and won’t attack unless provoked. Unfortunately, ONI seems to like provoking the other species.

I wasn’t thinking ALL the Grunts would join us, because it would be a crime if we could never kill Grunts again.
But a faction, perhaps led by an ex-Deacon who wants to lead his people to a better way of life. Out of the slums, so to speak.
And English speaking Grunts with humans could lead to a hilarious new comic-relief character

I would imagine it’s possible for most Covenant species to get involved with humanity.

Unngoy - forced into service of the Covenant. Some went on to believe it’s religion, but others were forced out of fear, and threats. It’s highly possible they could be peaceful with Humanity.

Kig-yar - already shown to have been capable of being peaceful with Humanity. Being pirates, they go with whatever wealth they can aquire. Even in some instances, Humans and Kig-Yar lived together in one community.

Sangheili - with the war over, it seem some Sangheili trust Humanity. To the point of the Infinity being sent as a mediator to attempted diplomacy between the Sangheili are Jiralhanae.

Jiralhanae - while the brutes are definitely very violent, it might be possible, while taking care not to enrage them.

However, the species that really can’t be peaceful with humanity, is due to how instinct-based they are.

Yan’me - being bugs, it seems unlikely they could be capable of peace with Human.
Both of these seem more like the Covenant didn’t convince them, but merely found a way to control them.
Lek’golo - again, more ‘colony’ based instinctive.

But, just as Humanity has to deal with Insurrectionists, an entire species will never agree. Which is why the Covenant Remnant exists.