Human-styled melee weapon

I am writing this in hoping to convince 343 Industries to put a human melee weapon such as a knife into halo 4. Originally a machete was going to be put in Halo Combat Evolved but was scratched. The addition would balance it out to any alien melee weapons they may include and could mix up some of the games types such as infection by making humans or zombies have to use the knife instead of the energy sword. Plus it is rare to see a video game actually incorporate the knife as it’s own weapon instead of just a melee attack.

Discuss your thoughts on whether or not you think a knife should be added.

P.s. It does not have to be a knife just any type of tactical melee weapon used by humans.

This comic here perfectly explains why there is no Human melee weapon.

I have to admit that is a valid and amusing way to disagree with my point. Thank you.

i think they can have some sort of metal that’s harder than the spartan armor

> I am writing this in hoping to convince 343 Industries to put a human melee weapon such as a knife into halo 4. Originally a machete was going to be put in Halo Combat Evolved but was scratched. The addition would balance it out to any alien melee weapons they may include and could mix up some of the games types such as infection by making humans or zombies have to use the knife instead of the energy sword. Plus it is rare to see a video game actually incorporate the knife as it’s own weapon instead of just a melee attack.
>
> Discuss your thoughts on whether or not you think a knife should be added.
>
> P.s. It does not have to be a knife just any type of tactical melee weapon used by humans.

There shouldn’t be a human version of the Energy Sword, which is what you’re asking for, because swords are impractical weapons of war. We abandoned them as main combat tools back when guns were invented.

> > I am writing this in hoping to convince 343 Industries to put a human melee weapon such as a knife into halo 4. Originally a machete was going to be put in Halo Combat Evolved but was scratched. The addition would balance it out to any alien melee weapons they may include and could mix up some of the games types such as infection by making humans or zombies have to use the knife instead of the energy sword. Plus it is rare to see a video game actually incorporate the knife as it’s own weapon instead of just a melee attack.
> >
> > Discuss your thoughts on whether or not you think a knife should be added.
> >
> > P.s. It does not have to be a knife just any type of tactical melee weapon used by humans.
>
> There shouldn’t be a human version of the Energy Sword, which is what you’re asking for, because swords are impractical weapons of war. We abandoned them as main combat tools back when guns were invented.

Thus never bring a knife to a gun fight…
And i agree with Paragon Fury and his comic…

HOWEVER… many have proven otherwise that the age of a bladed weapon isnt over yet.

> HOWEVER… many have proven otherwise that the age of a bladed weapon isnt over yet.

Yeah it pretty much is.

Knives exsist basically for point blank defense and assault. The bulk of combat is taken up by guns

Any sword is designed for ornamentation rather than practical combat.

> > HOWEVER… many have proven otherwise that the age of a bladed weapon isnt over yet.
>
> Yeah it pretty much is.
>
> Knives exsist basically for point blank defense and assault. The bulk of combat is taken up by guns
>
> Any sword is designed for ornamentation rather than practical combat.

not all knives are for ornamentation combat knives are used by numerous people in the armed forces and are great in stealth missions. Also what metal is the MJOLNIR armor made of exactly?

> > > HOWEVER… many have proven otherwise that the age of a bladed weapon isnt over yet.
> >
> > Yeah it pretty much is.
> >
> > Knives exsist basically for point blank defense and assault. The bulk of combat is taken up by guns
> >
> > Any sword is designed for ornamentation rather than practical combat.
>
> not all knives are for ornamentation combat knives are used by numerous people in the armed forces and are great in stealth missions. Also what metal is the MJOLNIR armor made of exactly?

Knives are different from Swords.

Titanium.

Oh I had not noticed that you put swords. Since it is titanium the only thing i could think of without looking at the periodic table of elements is a diamond-edged blade.If its not put in oh well.

In addition to the other points about the sword breaking on Spartan armor, allow me to say that it would also be kind of pointless to add a human melee weapon, such as a sword. In many ways, it would make no sense. For example, would we put both the Covenant and UNSC melee weapons in a map? Would they work identically? If they were to go head-to-head, who wins? The obvious choice is the Energy Sword, because that would slice the metal sword in half.

No, I can’t think of any melee weapon that would function differently to the Energy Sword or Gravity Hammer, yet also seem appropriate in the UNSC arsenal.

not every weapon in halo needs to have a human/covenant equivalent.

the close range weapon for the covenant is the sword and the close range weapon for the humans is the shotgun.

> not every weapon in halo needs to have a human/covenant equivalent.
>
> the close range weapon for the covenant is the sword and the close range weapon for the humans is the shotgun.

Yes, this is absolutely true; I forgot to say that. Also, the UNSC doesn’t need a weapon balance with the Energy Sword, because the Shotgun absolutely destroys the Energy Sword in most cases. Bulltrue!

The humans just take the Covenant sword and use it against them. Just as effective! :slight_smile:

Who needs that when they could just bring back the Halo 1 pistol!?!?!?!?
Come on its more powerful than the tactical nuke from CoD!

Two words; Golf Clubs - the perfect human melee weapon!

Well I don’t see why we can have a dagger the one every spartan carry’s for assassinations which can penetrate armor.

It would lose against all other weapons but still be fun running around stabbing people. If that’s to useless to put in maybe make it a 2 hit kill but the lunge is very quick.

I think it would be plain weird for guys with guns, nuke grenades, sticky grenades and energy weapons at their arsenal, as well as vehicles that are extremely deadly, while they are wearing 2 ton armor in the distant future, running around a battlefield carrying a machete as if he’s magically going to cause any damage more than simply putting a dent in a hog.

Besides, to make it useful, it would have to be better than the energy sword, which wouldn’t make sense, as super heated plasma vs metal machete = broken machete and a dead spartan.

Have fun trying to stab a fully shielded Spartan wearing thick body armor by using a metal serrated blade.