Human evolution Commercialized?

Using the human condition as a model, it would be certain that certain groups of humans will try to capitalize financially on human evolution. Later, when the augmentation process goes commercial, I can already imagine medical firms charging extorted prices for the procedure, then you’d have to be on special, expensive supplements the rest of your life. Then there’s the armor–$20 million sound right? And you probably have to pay per month for performance packages like energy shielding, thrusters and such. “Sorry sir, you went over the 10 shield breaks covered by the plan. You will be penalized and billed for that on your next statement”. Then there’s the OS upgrades, annual licensing renewal, insurance and probably extra taxes. Not to mention optional hardware/software upgrades and other enhancements. This will make a schism of the haves and have nots, eventually leading to at minimum, segregation and at worst, a caste system similar to Aldous Huxleys A Brave New World. It might be a bleak and boring outlook on this technology and universe, but it is a very real one.

This isn’t some dystopian vision of the future. This is happening right now. Not in the form of mjolnir armor and thruster packs, but it’s happening. We’re rapidly being divided by connectivity into the knowledge haves and have nots. But nowhere are the examples more frightening than in bio-tech. Monsanto creates a genetically modified ear of corn and instantly begins to profit from the evolution of plants. How long can it really be before big pharma comes up with a drug that can double your lifespan? How long before somebody develops a way to replace damaged or diseased organs by harvesting them from clones, á la “The Island” or “Never Let Me Go?” The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that companies cannot “own” parts of the human genome, but the fact that such a case even had to come before the court at all bodes ill for the future. Brave New World indeed.

3deep5me

> 2533274873843883;2:
> This isn’t some dystopian vision of the future. This is happening right now. Not in the form of mjolnir armor and thruster packs, but it’s happening. We’re rapidly being divided by connectivity into the knowledge haves and have nots. But nowhere are the examples more frightening than in bio-tech. Monsanto creates a genetically modified ear of corn and instantly begins to profit from the evolution of plants. How long can it really be before big pharma comes up with a drug that can double your lifespan? How long before somebody develops a way to replace damaged or diseased organs by harvesting them from clones, á la “The Island” or “Never Let Me Go?” The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that companies cannot “own” parts of the human genome, but the fact that such a case even had to come before the court at all bodes ill for the future. Brave New World indeed.

A fellow enlightened intellect! How refreshing! +2 good sir!

> 2533274912317447;3:
> 3deep5me

1nd33d

> 2533274867519109;5:
> > 2533274912317447;3:
> > 3deep5me
>
>
> 1nd33d

69deep420me.

> 2533275021221244;6:
> > 2533274867519109;5: