Huge problem with arena

I know that Arena population has been down in the dumps severally for the past months. But today is where I draw the line I have never been this angry at a faulty made system made by bungie. I am a top 60% onyx as of today(probably won’t be tomorrow). I had 2 silver division kids on my team and 1 in gold. I know the population is usually around 100-200 and today since the TU has been out the population is around 1000. There is no excuses for me to be playing with a silver division team and getting my blank kicked by gold division kids when i could be in a math of all onyx’s.

The match was completely unfair and was just down rite setup poorly. I worked hard to be top 60% of onyx and if the system thinks I should be matched with silvers I don’t think I’ll be playing arena after this season. I hope they either fix the entire ranking system of arena or shut it down completely. I am sorry for the rage but this needs to fixed… imo this is a serious disgrace to the only true ranked playlist reach has.

link to game with 2 silvers and a gold division: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=901461007&player=Wickenheiser
we got crushed so hard 2 of my noobs quit and I was left getting spawn killed on sword base with another noob.

Its basicly down to a deficient population and with those numbers it going to be tough to find close matches, sorry buddy, that sucks. They should weight you personel performance higher so that individuals will not get the shaft for bad teammates.

Thing is I was getting way closer matches with all onyx (mostly) before the TU for the playlist and that was when the population was 200.

> Thing is I was getting way closer matches with all onyx (mostly) before the TU for the playlist and that was when the population was 200.

Maybe older Arena players that are a little rusty coming back for the TU settings, while it could be a problem while they are getting their chops back, it will pay off in the end, as Arena will have more population. Something it needs desprately and in bigger numbers then what it got with the TU.

> > Thing is I was getting way closer matches with all onyx (mostly) before the TU for the playlist and that was when the population was 200.
>
> Maybe older Arena players that are a little rusty coming back for the TU settings, while it could be a problem while they are getting their chops back, it will pay off in the end, as Arena will have more population. Something it needs desprately and in bigger numbers then what it got with the TU.

Most likely what Plunderfull said. It also could have to do with the current win/loss streaks you/your teammates/your opponents were on.

> I know that Arena population has been down in the dumps severally for the past months. But today is where I draw the line I have never been this angry at a faulty made system made by bungie. I am a top 60% onyx as of today(probably won’t be tomorrow). I had 2 silver division kids on my team and 1 in gold. I know the population is usually around 100-200 and today since the TU has been out the population is around 1000. There is no excuses for me to be playing with a silver division team and getting my blank kicked by gold division kids when i could be in a math of all onyx’s.
>
> The match was completely unfair and was just down rite setup poorly. I worked hard to be top 60% of onyx and if the system thinks I should be matched with silvers I don’t think I’ll be playing arena after this season. I hope they either fix the entire ranking system of arena or shut it down completely. I am sorry for the rage but this needs to fixed… imo this is a serious disgrace to the only true ranked playlist reach has.
>
> link to game with 2 silvers and a gold division: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=901461007&player=Wickenheiser
> we got crushed so hard 2 of my noobs quit and I was left getting spawn killed on sword base with another noob.

1st mistake: you went in alone
2nd mistake: you stayed in the match and got spawn raped lol.
3rd mistake: yall voted for sword base. (bet you were red)
4th mistake: you worked hard to be Onyx 60%( means to much to you)

Result: you’ll be playing until you lose your Onyx or youll try and stop playing and it will slowly trickle down.
Solution: find some onyx buddies to boost you. I could (Badnewz) onyx 5 seasons in a row.

Nah actually I’m in MLG now. Arena is weak sauce.

U also do realize that 60% onyx is like a 43 in rank. Ur going to be ranked against golds and silvers an they will also be on your team. Until u get under 50% you will se yourself playing against/with gold and silver players. Don’t let onyx division boost your ego to much buddy.

lol. Those ranks mean nothing. Bungie just wasted time making it.
Halo 2, I’d never play a 20 on my 40…why in Reach do you get Silvers in an Onyx game? so dumb

Funny. I check their stats pages today and all of them are in Gold apart from one guy who is in Onyx like you.

Lesson? Arena matches based on the underlying Trueskill, not the visible rank.

Why do people even bother with arena? It’s idiotic that your rank has anything to do with your completely random teammates winning or losing. If it was FFA, it might mean something.

> Funny. I check their stats pages today and all of them are in Gold apart from one guy who is in Onyx like you.
>
> Lesson? Arena matches based on the underlying Trueskill, not the visible rank.

THIS exactly. The trueskill rank in Halo:Reach is exactly like halo 3 ranking system. Only difference is they replaced your number rank with a division. (Now everyone that’s in Onyx thinks they’re a 50!!) Not the case at all. OP i looked at your stats and your like On the tip of the iceberg onyx division both seasons Ex. 90% onyx last season and 85% now. Your basically considered a low gold player dude. Even at 60%. There is a smaller percentage of onyx division placements as there are gold and silver. So your getting matched against people who can basically take your spot in Onyx. Understand?

Edited by a Moderator. Do not post spam.

I know how you feel dude.Its so essential to have a party of 4. I still go in alone almost always but im trying to slowly gather some people on my friends list so i at least don’t have to pair with randoms. its insane.

I was mentioning something funny i noticed to a friend today about how arena works for me. Since i go in alone all the time, my biggest difficulty is getting out of the silver division early in the season! haha, not because im noob, but because i just cant always carry 2 or 3 team mates when im running through the silver league. I have to do everything! I really snap when i hold the entire team up and we still lose because my teamates are completely brain dead and just literally feed the team kills by running in non stop!

I cant -Yoinking!- stand it when were ahead 10+ points, and we lose because my team mates just keeps running in. I rage sooooooo hard its embarrassing.

This is exactly why we need a functioning ranking system.

> I know how you feel dude.Its so essential to have a party of 4. I still go in alone almost always but im trying to slowly gather some people on my friends list so i at least don’t have to pair with randoms. its insane.
>
> I was mentioning something funny i noticed to a friend today about how arena works for me. Since i go in alone all the time, my biggest difficulty is getting out of the silver division early in the season! haha, not because im noob, but because i just cant always carry 2 or 3 team mates when im running through the silver league. I have to do everything! I really snap when i hold the entire team up and we still lose because my teamates are completely brain dead and just literally feed the team kills by running in non stop!
>
> I cant Yoink! stand it when were ahead 10+ points, and we lose because my team mates just keeps running in. I rage sooooooo hard its embarrassing.
>
> This is exactly why we need a functioning ranking system.

I can say what you just said here 10x times… I started out silver this division lmao the system sucks

> > Funny. I check their stats pages today and all of them are in Gold apart from one guy who is in Onyx like you.
> >
> > Lesson? Arena matches based on the underlying Trueskill, not the visible rank.
>
> THIS exactly. The trueskill rank in Halo:Reach is exactly like halo 3 ranking system. Only difference is they replaced your number rank with a division. (Now everyone that’s in Onyx thinks they’re a 50!!) Not the case at all. OP i looked at your stats and your like On the tip of the iceberg onyx division both seasons Ex. 90% onyx last season and 85% now. Your basically considered a low gold player dude. Even at 60%. There is a smaller percentage of onyx division placements as there are gold and silver. So your getting matched against people who can basically take your spot in Onyx. Understand?

I really don’t care if I am in semi low divison of onyx because I know alot of people that make it to top 1%, 2%, 3%,7%, and they are just as good as me. Don’t act like I am not as good because I struggle with this messed up system. I ALWAYS go in alone and this system is based on wins, now I said earlier how do I reach top 10% onyx if I am getting silvers on my team! use your head!

> Funny. I check their stats pages today and all of them are in Gold apart from one guy who is in Onyx like you.
>
> Lesson? Arena matches based on the underlying Trueskill, not the visible rank.

I checked the states today an all of my teammates are top gold 90% range thats not good. The one onyx guy you were talking about was on the OTHER team. So essentially yesterday I was playing an onyx with 2 silvers and 1 gold that didn’t know what they are doing.

> > I know that Arena population has been down in the dumps severally for the past months. But today is where I draw the line I have never been this angry at a faulty made system made by bungie. I am a top 60% onyx as of today(probably won’t be tomorrow). I had 2 silver division kids on my team and 1 in gold. I know the population is usually around 100-200 and today since the TU has been out the population is around 1000. There is no excuses for me to be playing with a silver division team and getting my blank kicked by gold division kids when i could be in a math of all onyx’s.
> >
> > The match was completely unfair and was just down rite setup poorly. I worked hard to be top 60% of onyx and if the system thinks I should be matched with silvers I don’t think I’ll be playing arena after this season. I hope they either fix the entire ranking system of arena or shut it down completely. I am sorry for the rage but this needs to fixed… imo this is a serious disgrace to the only true ranked playlist reach has.
> >
> > link to game with 2 silvers and a gold division: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=901461007&player=Wickenheiser
> > we got crushed so hard 2 of my noobs quit and I was left getting spawn killed on sword base with another noob.
>
> 1st mistake: you went in alone
> 2nd mistake: you stayed in the match and got spawn raped lol.
> 3rd mistake: yall voted for sword base. (bet you were red)
> 4th mistake: you worked hard to be Onyx 60%( means to much to you)
>
> Result: you’ll be playing until you lose your Onyx or youll try and stop playing and it will slowly trickle down.
> Solution: find some onyx buddies to boost you. I could (Badnewz) onyx 5 seasons in a row.
>
> Nah actually I’m in MLG now. Arena is weak sauce.

2nd mistake: If I quit I get penalized hard do you read the in game captions about quitting in arena?
3rd mistake I never vote for sword base when my teams blue. It was my nooby teamates.Don’t make undereducated guesses when I have teamates voting for it!
4th mistake: Dont tell me what means to much to me… are you crazy?
last I wouldn’t want to play with you.

> > > I know that Arena population has been down in the dumps severally for the past months. But today is where I draw the line I have never been this angry at a faulty made system made by bungie. I am a top 60% onyx as of today(probably won’t be tomorrow). I had 2 silver division kids on my team and 1 in gold. I know the population is usually around 100-200 and today since the TU has been out the population is around 1000. There is no excuses for me to be playing with a silver division team and getting my blank kicked by gold division kids when i could be in a math of all onyx’s.
> > >
> > > The match was completely unfair and was just down rite setup poorly. I worked hard to be top 60% of onyx and if the system thinks I should be matched with silvers I don’t think I’ll be playing arena after this season. I hope they either fix the entire ranking system of arena or shut it down completely. I am sorry for the rage but this needs to fixed… imo this is a serious disgrace to the only true ranked playlist reach has.
> > >
> > > link to game with 2 silvers and a gold division: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=901461007&player=Wickenheiser
> > > we got crushed so hard 2 of my noobs quit and I was left getting spawn killed on sword base with another noob.
> >
> > 1st mistake: you went in alone
> > 2nd mistake: you stayed in the match and got spawn raped lol.
> > 3rd mistake: yall voted for sword base. (bet you were red)
> > 4th mistake: you worked hard to be Onyx 60%( means to much to you)
> >
> > Result: you’ll be playing until you lose your Onyx or youll try and stop playing and it will slowly trickle down.
> > Solution: find some onyx buddies to boost you. I could (Badnewz) onyx 5 seasons in a row.
> >
> > Nah actually I’m in MLG now. Arena is weak sauce.
>
> 2nd mistake: If I quit I get penalized hard do you read the in game captions about quitting in arena?
> 3rd mistake I never vote for sword base when my teams blue. It was my nooby teamates.Don’t make undereducated guesses when I have teamates voting for it!
> 4th mistake: Dont tell me what means to much to me… are you crazy?
> last I wouldn’t want to play with you.

Wamp Wamp. Weak attempt at a response. This whole post is ONE BIG WHINE. Your calling your teammates NOOBS because they quit and there in gold and silver. Your barely even in Onyx and you think your some kind of god or something lol. And what exactly makes your teammates NOOBS? Because there in a lower division than you? Maybe you should ask yourself why the ranking system is putting you in these games lol?( probably because your trueskill matches with those same kids you call NOOBS haha.) And thats being completely honest. Your crying about playing against gold kids, you would get ROFL stomped in high Onyx.

> > > Funny. I check their stats pages today and all of them are in Gold apart from one guy who is in Onyx like you.
> > >
> > > Lesson? Arena matches based on the underlying Trueskill, not the visible rank.
> >
> > I know alot of people that make it to top 1%, 2%, 3%,7%, and they are just as good as me. Don’t act like I am not as good because I struggle with this messed up system
>
> Lol Keywords: He knows alot of people.(fan) I can guarantee you any of them are not on the forums whining about a Gold/silver div. match.
>
> Wickenheiser:
> "Don’t act like I am not as good because I struggle with this messed up system".
>
>
> How am i acting lol?. So you think your being cheated because your playing against lower div. players. it happens to all Onyx players kid. You get to 10% Onyx by winning those games and beating kids ahead of you also. Simple as that. Go in twos, bet you do better.
>
> <strong>* POST EDITED BY MODERATOR. DO NOT INSULT OR FLAME OTHER MEMBERS, AS PER THE WAYPOINT FORUM RULES *</strong>

I tracked down this game against you not to long ago because we arranged a 4v4 between the 8 of us in the lobby in Arena with all high Onyx players. If you look at the scoreboard you’ll see that you had the lowest kill, assists, and the worst k/d spread against high onyx players.

So don’t talk yoink about how you worked so hard to get where you are because in reality you probably belong there.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=897800630&player=HyPnO%20H17

As for your issue regarding the system don’t enter alone to avoid this problem. Get at least one another person and you’ll find it much easier to get balanced matches.