Huge Dominion Base Capture Issue

While playing dominion right after I start a base capture. My spartan always get stuck to the terminal. I’m unable to move or defend myself for like a second and a half. Needless to say but, yes I’ve been killed many times in that state. Anyone else notice this issue?

I’m pretty sure that’s supposed the happen.

Happened to me many times too, and once I also got killed trying to shot back at an enemy but couldn’t move at all…

I would say that it could be a lag problem (that it doesn’t recognize you completing the conquist and keeps you stuck after finishing) or more likely an imput command. If you press to move while it’s still loading at the console it may not recognize the moving, so it doesn’t move untill you don’t release it and press it back after :3

> Happened to me many times too, and once I also got killed trying to shot back at an enemy but couldn’t move at all…
>
> I would say that it could be a lag problem (that it doesn’t recognize you completing the conquist and keeps you stuck after finishing) or more likely an imput command. If you press to move while it’s still loading at the console it may not recognize the moving, so it doesn’t move untill you don’t release it and press it back after :3

I’m pretty sure its a lag issue. I went into a dominion map on forge with a buddy of mine and I captured a base allowing me to move immediately. The progress bar for capturing a base went faster as well.

> I’m pretty sure that’s supposed the happen.

Why? It makes me not want to capture a base in the middle of a huge firefight. Why cap it because, when you get killed by being stuck to the terminal. Your not able to help your team defend. And they’re just going to cap it back.

I think that’s the built-in risk factor to initiating the base capture. I wouldn’t call it a glitch, just that gamble you have to put up.

> I think that’s the built-in risk factor to initiating the base capture. I wouldn’t call it a glitch, just that gamble you have to put up.

Agreed. But after the initiating bar is filled. And the capture starts. I should be able to move. And not be defenseless for a second and a half. We shouldn’t have to wait after waiting.

LMAO,that’s probably supposed to happen.From a balance stand point,yeah if you go in rambo to a base without any teammates watching your back you should be immobile while capturing the base.

I think the problem is is that you’re not supposed to move when you capture the base so you’re vulnerable, but because the game is laggy you get stuck there longer than you should have.

> LMAO,that’s probably supposed to happen.From a balance stand point,yeah if you go in rambo to a base without any teammates watching your back you should be immobile while capturing the base.

No offence, but your statement does sound very balance to me.

“if you go in rambo to a base without any teammates watching your back you should be immobile while capturing the base.”

Really?

> I think the problem is is that you’re not supposed to move when you capture the base so you’re vulnerable, but because the game is laggy you get stuck there longer than you should have.

If that IS happening,yeah that should be fixed in the next upadate.

> > LMAO,that’s probably supposed to happen.From a balance stand point,yeah if you go in rambo to a base without any teammates watching your back you should be immobile while capturing the base.
>
> No offence, but your statement does sound very balance to me.
>
> “if you go in rambo to a base without any teammates watching your back you should be immobile while capturing the base.”
>
> Really?

Why would i be offended if you say that my statement DOES sound very balanced,lol

The problem is lets say you clear out a base and enemies are returning to try and stop you while you a capturing it. Everytime our team is capturing once its starts the capture after doing the Hold x command you are stuck there for a solid second. That to me is broken.

And to clarify Im not talking about not being able to move when holding x, I’m talking about after that bar is done when holding x is when you cant move.

> > I think the problem is is that you’re not supposed to move when you capture the base so you’re vulnerable, but because the game is laggy you get stuck there longer than you should have.
>
> If that IS happening,yeah that should be fixed in the next upadate.
>
>
>
>
> > > LMAO,that’s probably supposed to happen.From a balance stand point,yeah if you go in rambo to a base without any teammates watching your back you should be immobile while capturing the base.
> >
> > No offence, but your statement does sound very balance to me.
> >
> > “if you go in rambo to a base without any teammates watching your back you should be immobile while capturing the base.”
> >
> > Really?
>
> Why would i be offended if you say that my statement DOES sound very balanced,lol

opps doesn’t. my bad.

> The problem is lets say you clear out a base and enemies are returning to try and stop you while you a capturing it. Everytime our team is capturing once its starts the capture after doing the Hold x command you are stuck there for a solid second. That to me is broken.
>
> And to clarify Im not talking about not being able to move when holding x, I’m talking about after that bar is done when holding x is when you cant move.

yes!

It’s not a lag issue, it’s supposed to happen. It’s more-so a gamble of, if you’re going to capture a base, you better make sure it’s clear. They didnt do this at Halo 4s prior release. Even on LAN it’ll happen. Why would someone capture a base in the middle if a firefight?

I get this issue from time to time, tho i play stealth so i cloak and cap always so it doesn’t bother me but sometimes i still get caught in this bug. I’ve managed to avoid it lately by either crouching near it or standing maybe 2 feet back. When doing this i tend to avoid being caught in the glitch

Please do not resurrect long forgotten threads.