HUD's should be different when.....

You have a different helmet. What I mean by this is… On Halo 3: You always had the same HUD everytime you had a different helmet on. Don’t you think on Halo 4, each HUD should look different for each helmet?

EDIT: If you look closely, the HUD’s look different in comparison:

Unless the Spartan IV’s HUD’s are like that for every other helmet.

It would be a nifty little extra detail, but it’s not necessary or important in my eyes.
I’d rather they spent their time on other things.

> It would be a nifty little extra detail, but it’s not necessary or important in my eyes.
> <mark>I’d rather they spent their time on other things</mark>.

LIKE RANKING or EXP / EXP per playlist

also your idea is good

> It would be a nifty little extra detail, but it’s not necessary or important in my eyes.
> I’d rather they spent their time on other things.

I do see where your getting at there. It was just a random thought about HUD’s. I just thought it’d be a nice little addition. I can’t see it happening as it doesn’t really bother most players.

It would be a nice little feature, but not necessary. If they have the extra time/resources to do it, then do it. If not, pull an EA and…

PAID DAY 1 DLC.

> > It would be a nifty little extra detail, but it’s not necessary or important in my eyes.
> > <mark>I’d rather they spent their time on other things</mark>.
>
> LIKE RANKING or EXP / EXP per playlist

Yes, because the graphical artists are obviously also the people implementing the ranking system.

/sarcasm

> > > It would be a nifty little extra detail, but it’s not necessary or important in my eyes.
> > > <mark>I’d rather they spent their time on other things</mark>.
> >
> > LIKE RANKING or EXP / EXP per playlist
>
> Yes, because the graphical artists are obviously also the people implementing the ranking system.
>
> /sarcasm

YOU WIN

I’d like to change the HUD color.

It would be cool, but:

> I’d rather they spent their time on other things.

> I’d like to change the HUD color.

That would also be a nice addition aswell.

Yeah HUD should change. Although it shouldn’t have major impacts on the HUD. If you have pilot and security one helmet should not be superior and the other inferior.

> > I’d like to change the HUD color.
>
> That would also be a nice addition aswell.

It worked with Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, so why not?

I want a white HUD, myself.

> > > > It would be a nifty little extra detail, but it’s not necessary or important in my eyes.
> > > > <mark>I’d rather they spent their time on other things</mark>.
> > >
> > > LIKE RANKING or EXP / EXP per playlist
> >
> > Yes, because the graphical artists are obviously also the people implementing the ranking system.
> >
> > /sarcasm
>
> YOU WIN

No, he doesn’t.

Yes, as stated the graphics artists have to create several texture. A slightly different one from each helmet.

However programmers play a part in this as well. They will have to implement system(s) that recognize what helmet the player is wearing and then apply a texture(a HUD) to be drawn appropriately. Something like that should be easy(heck properly even I could program that), but when stuff is brought onto online(multiplayer) things are often not working the way it should, and fixing bugs would be time consuming.

Or we can choose from a list of HUDs in the armory? Technically though, shouldn’t they be called HMD’s, or Helmet-Mounted-Displays?

> You have a different helmet. What I mean by this is… On Halo 3: You always had the same HUD everytime you had a different helmet on. Don’t you think on Halo 4, each HUD should look different for each helmet?

Yes, a very good idea OP!If they ever make a realistic gametype, this should really be in it!(or SWAT)EVA gives you view over anything, but its’ easy for somebody to headshot you.
EOD an the other hand is very hard to see in, but decrases the chance of getting headshot.

> > You have a different helmet. What I mean by this is… On Halo 3: You always had the same HUD everytime you had a different helmet on. Don’t you think on Halo 4, each HUD should look different for each helmet?
>
> Yes, a very good idea OP!If they ever make a realistic gametype, this should really be in it!(or SWAT)EVA gives you view over anything, but its’ easy for somebody to headshot you.
> EOD an the other hand is very hard to see in, but decrases the chance of getting headshot.

I just think it’d make a bit more uniqueness for each helmet to have a different HUD to be honest. I do see where your getting at, and it sounds a bit of a good idea. However, I think making it harder to see would be a bit extreme (unless 343i has inconveniently made a system where the better armour you have, the more points you get which I don’t see how that would work…).

> I’d like to change the HUD color.

This. I mean, sure different HUDs would be cool but what can you change? A line is slightly lowered? A box becomes a circle? Or make the radar smaller and in the centre of the screen…?

I think just changing the colours would be good. Fallout did it.

My first post has been edited. It will show you the comparison of the Multiplayer Spartan IV’s HUD’s, and Master Chiefs HUD. There are minor changes, but at least we know that HUD’s are changed (I think). If only we had clarification that this is true…

i would just like the HUD to be customizable …

> i would just like the HUD to be customizable …

Could be Fun