HUD highlights shield effects outlines

Let me first off say the forerunner structures in this game are absolutely fantastic dare I say the best in the series? What looks not so appealing is all the HUD weapon highlighting, shield effects and outlines. I’m not sure why we changed the classic gold electric shield effects for this new shield effects they don’t look good at all… in the MP trailer released a few months ago they looked better so not sure from then and now how that side of things is progressively worse. The out lines being tied to shield colors is a terrible design descision doesn’t help detecting shield depletion at all… but those forerunner textures and structures look absolutely incredible for it all to be washed down with a bunch of highlighting is very underwhelming…

I don’t understand what the Forerunner structures have to do with anything lol. But yeah, I personally don’t see the appeal of changing the shield color.

> 2533274855463139;1:
> The out lines being tied to shield colors is a terrible design descision doesn’t help detecting shield depletion at all

Is this actually true?? Thats seems really unnecessary.

Not everyone can see yellow or blue clearly. Having it tied to outlines just makes the game more accessible and given they changed how the shields look to reflect shield heath its not that big of deal. Before you bite back, yes they did. When shields are under 25% (roughly, hard to tell duiring active gameplay) the players shield brighten just like past games.

They shifted OS color to be white to compensate for the change. Its not really that big of deal.

> 2533274840624875;3:
> Not everyone can see yellow or blue clearly. Having it tied to outlines just makes the game more accessible and given they changed how the shields look to reflect shield heath its not that big of deal. Before you bite back, yes they did. When shields are under 25% (roughly, hard to tell duiring active gameplay) the players shield brighten just like past games.
>
> They shifted OS color to be white to compensate for the change. Its not really that big of deal.

The shields look terrible end of story the classic look is cleaner and easily detected. The new system is an eye sore period…

> 2533274855463139;4:
> > 2533274840624875;3:
> > Not everyone can see yellow or blue clearly. Having it tied to outlines just makes the game more accessible and given they changed how the shields look to reflect shield heath its not that big of deal. Before you bite back, yes they did. When shields are under 25% (roughly, hard to tell duiring active gameplay) the players shield brighten just like past games.
> >
> > They shifted OS color to be white to compensate for the change. Its not really that big of deal.
>
> The shields look terrible end of story the classic look is cleaner and easily detected. The new system is an eye sore period…

to you ok. To others it doesnt. Your not making a definitive claim for anyone but yourself and ending your claims with some form of final end point doesnt strengthen your view (“end of story” “period” what are we, in middle school debate?). I personally think they look fine and am glad I can now clearly see the when shields are low. I would prefer a build up like in H3, but am ok with it not being there given this still does the job and gives me adequate enough information on a players status.

The color also really doesnt matter. If you want it yellow, or whatever, set it to that color and move on. The games ftp and it needs a higher level of accessability. That paired with MS’s general push to be more accessable (a good thing) them having shield be color options just makes sense.

> 2533274840624875;5:
> > 2533274855463139;4:
> > > 2533274840624875;3:
> > > Not everyone can see yellow or blue clearly. Having it tied to outlines just makes the game more accessible and given they changed how the shields look to reflect shield heath its not that big of deal. Before you bite back, yes they did. When shields are under 25% (roughly, hard to tell duiring active gameplay) the players shield brighten just like past games.
> > >
> > > They shifted OS color to be white to compensate for the change. Its not really that big of deal.
> >
> > The shields look terrible end of story the classic look is cleaner and easily detected. The new system is an eye sore period…
>
> to you ok. To others it doesnt. Your not making a definitive claim for anyone but yourself and ending your claims with some form of final end point doesnt strengthen your view (“end of story” “period” what are we, in middle school debate?). I personally think they look fine and am glad I can now clearly see the when shields are low. I would prefer a build up like in H3, but am ok with it not being there given this still does the job and gives me adequate enough information on a players status.
>
> The color also really doesnt matter. If you want it yellow, or whatever, set it to that color and move on. The games ftp and it needs a higher level of accessability. That paired with MS’s general push to be more accessable (a good thing) them having shield be color options just makes sense.

No the majority doesn’t like it. It’s all over the forums I’m not the only who has this opinion so don’t single me out saying I’m the only one when I’m in the majority. I see you all over the forums constantly defending 343 for bad descision making and design choices you literally have no constructive criticism towards the game you constantly just praise everything about the game like it’s all good… it’s not. There is so far a lot of good with halo infinite, but the things that are not good are distinctively what the majority doesn’t like are the outlines and how the shields colors are tied to them it looked inherently better in the MP trailer when the shield color was differentiated between the outlines. Stop trying to justify bad design and implementation choices…

> 2533274855463139;6:
> > 2533274840624875;5:
> > > 2533274855463139;4:
> > > > 2533274840624875;3:
> > > > Not everyone can see yellow or blue clearly. Having it tied to outlines just makes the game more accessible and given they changed how the shields look to reflect shield heath its not that big of deal. Before you bite back, yes they did. When shields are under 25% (roughly, hard to tell duiring active gameplay) the players shield brighten just like past games.
> > > >
> > > > They shifted OS color to be white to compensate for the change. Its not really that big of deal.
> > >
> > > The shields look terrible end of story the classic look is cleaner and easily detected. The new system is an eye sore period…
> >
> > to you ok. To others it doesnt. Your not making a definitive claim for anyone but yourself and ending your claims with some form of final end point doesnt strengthen your view (“end of story” “period” what are we, in middle school debate?). I personally think they look fine and am glad I can now clearly see the when shields are low. I would prefer a build up like in H3, but am ok with it not being there given this still does the job and gives me adequate enough information on a players status.
> >
> > The color also really doesnt matter. If you want it yellow, or whatever, set it to that color and move on. The games ftp and it needs a higher level of accessability. That paired with MS’s general push to be more accessable (a good thing) them having shield be color options just makes sense.
>
> No the majority doesn’t like it. It’s all over the forums I’m not the only who has this opinion so don’t single me out saying I’m the only one when I’m in the majority. I see you all over the forums constantly defending 343 for bad descision making and design choices you literally have no constructive criticism towards the game you constantly just praise everything about the game like it’s all good… it’s not. There is so far a lot of good with halo infinite, but the things that are not good are distinctively what the majority doesn’t like are the outlines and how the shields colors are tied to them it looked inherently better in the MP trailer when the shield color was differentiated between the outlines. Stop trying to justify bad design and implementation choices…

the forums are not the majority. It never has been. Neither is reddit. Neither me or you can claim either of our views are the majority claim as we dont have evidence to support that. Thinking you are the majority opinion cause of confirmation bias does really mean you are in the majority.

I defend logic and provide potential reasoning behind decisions. I dont say one way is better then the other (unless I actually think it is) and I dont make my arguments emotionally driven. All my constructive crticism is brought up through formal means, whether that be in their feedback threads, ticket submissions or directly with the Devs on twitter.

For example, I recent had a discussion with a dev about loot caves being random each time you open it and how I dislike that system given I think each map should have a level of stability once the match starts. That being said, I am open to it playing out and seeing how it feels before saying its a bad decision and that I want it changed given I could actually enjoy the flow it provides.

I also usually dont praise anything (sure it some cases, like the push for accessability) but I will say if I like something, thing it ultimently doesnt matter or is something I dont support. For instance, I dont support the bonus xp timer to count down in the menu. I vocally did not support coatings and still dont, but the conversation isnt going to result in anything so I moved on from it. I have no opinion on sprint and think that coversation has been stalled for years and given we know sprins in infinite, I enjoy how it was implemented this go around.

Also, I hate to be the barrer of bad news, but what you view as bad has a reason for being implemented that what. Its healthier to ask why it was and see if there is an alternative solution that fulfills that same goal instead of just going “The shields look terrible end of story the classic look is cleaner and easily detected. The new system is an eye sore period…”

At the end of the day, outline and shield colors were done for 2 reasons, one being monitization for the sake of coatings, the second being accessability. The former ended up being weakened given the implementation fo the outline (it was too strong which then hid the coating). The latter resulted in confusion with the shields given they opted to have OS match the outline selection which then resulted in them not implementing a health/shield flair to show health (given it would lead to confusion). That system did not work, so they changed it to OS being white and then the shields having a flair up as low shields.

You can not like the look of it. Thats perfectly fine, but functionally, it does what is needed. Again though, you cannot claim you are the majority, there is 0 evidence supporting that. If anything, 343 has what the majority view is based on surveys and data across social avenues that are not limited to confirmation bias. The most likely result is most people dont care and the main criticism was function