HUD design from the tech preview

So im waiting for the flight to start and im across the pond, 8 hours ahead of America so ive been rewatching the technical preview and the multiplayer match they had.
Everything looks and sounds good and im even more hyped now to play. Things is was sceptical about seem better looking and sound better. A few things im sure ill get used to, others I hope they can be changed in the settings. Im not a fan of the medals design and wished they had better colours to stand out rather then looking muted and dark. Kinda wish they combined the two designs classic and new for the medals.

HUD
It looks like this at the moment

• Top left - empty - Top mid - shileds/health - Top right - empty - Mid left - kill feed - Mid center - reticle / medals - Mid right - empty - Bottom left - radar - Bottom mid - Match score - Bottom right - weapons/inventoryThe HUD in my opinion, I would like to move the info to different places. The top of the screen only has the shield and health bar and the two top corners are empty.
    The rest of info is grouped at the bottom and sides making it feel crammed with not enough spaced out. Feels like its hard to see but thats just me. I know its a flight it isnt the final build yet. So lads relax im not going mad saying it needs to change, its only my opinion and hopefully you can change these in the settings at lauch. If not please tell me if you would like to see a change.

Id rather have the HUD like this

• Top left - Match score - Top mid - shileds/health - Top right - weapons/inventory - Mid left - kill feed / medals - Mid center - reticle…only - Mid right - empty - Bottom left - radar - Bottom mid - empty - Bottom right - emptyTo me this would be better and would not have any info obscuring your reticle and player hands and weapon.

I didn’t think i’d care as much about hud placement as people were earlier. I was more in the “why change what isn’t broken?” camp of that issue.

But seeing it in action now it does feel oddly cluttered. I felt my eyes naturally drifting to the top of the screen only to find…nothing. The bottom of the screen feels like a mess.

This isn’t a ‘don’t fix what isn’t broken’, its ‘don’t break what was working’.

> 2533274964189700;2:
> I didn’t think i’d care as much about hud placement as people were earlier. I was more in the “why change what isn’t broken?” camp of that issue.
>
> But seeing it in action now it does feel oddly cluttered. I felt my eyes naturally drifting to the top of the screen only to find…nothing. The bottom of the screen feels like a mess.
>
> This isn’t a ‘don’t fix what isn’t broken’, its ‘don’t break what was working’.

Glad im not the only one. Its not bad looking. The info works great but its just where they are placed thats bugging me. I dont want anything in front of or near your hands, arms, reticle or weapon.
Thanks for the comment

I do agree on moving some stuff out of the way. There’s nothing worse than pop-ups in the middle of the screen in the middle of a fire fight, it’s kind of distracting. I would like to see medals and temporary stuff pop in the top right or left.
As for the placement of stuff at the bottom, I believe its for clarity and reaction space from overhead assaults. I’d have to worry about looking through too much more along the top of the screen to spot snipers or someone trying to get the drop on me. Halo has always been fairly vertical in it’s game play. Having weapon/inv in the bottom right only makes sense, as your weapon and arm are occupying that space.

I think your hud version sounds good. I’d do the same myself if it were possible.