Hud and FOV

One of my issues with halo 4 and 5 is that your character takes of so much of the real estate on the screen. It makes it makes the game feel heavy despite having such a high movement rate. In halo 1-3 you get to enjoy more of the environment and more easily see what’s going on around you. Also the the gun swing animation for running is halo 5 looks so wonky. I hope halo infinite has a less intrusive hud and weapon positioning with the game supposedly being more open world with larger vistas

On the theme of real estate, while I prefer/appreciated that Halo 5: Guardians had the weapon reticle return to the center of the screen, a side effect of doing this was the weapon models were raised significantly.

I hope that Halo Infinite has the reticle in the center of the screen, but lowers the model like Halo: CE.

> 2533275011754615;1:
> One of my issues with halo 4 and 5 is that your character takes of so much of the real estate on the screen. It makes it makes the game feel heavy despite having such a high movement rate. In halo 1-3 you get to enjoy more of the environment and more easily see what’s going on around you. Also the the gun swing animation for running is halo 5 looks so wonky. I hope halo infinite has a less intrusive hud and weapon positioning with the game supposedly being more open world with larger vistas

Well Halo 1-3 had 10+ year old graphics, Halo 4-5 have new graphics, just part of the technology in video games.

> 2533274815711361;2:
> On the theme of real estate, while I prefer/appreciated that Halo 5: Guardians had the weapon reticle return to the center of the screen, a side effect of doing this was the weapon models were raised significantly.
>
> I hope that Halo Infinite has the reticle in the center of the screen, but lowers the model like Halo: CE.

That would be cool if they did it that way.

> 2535417096179468;3:
> > 2533275011754615;1:
> > One of my issues with halo 4 and 5 is that your character takes of so much of the real estate on the screen. It makes it makes the game feel heavy despite having such a high movement rate. In halo 1-3 you get to enjoy more of the environment and more easily see what’s going on around you. Also the the gun swing animation for running is halo 5 looks so wonky. I hope halo infinite has a less intrusive hud and weapon positioning with the game supposedly being more open world with larger vistas
>
> Well Halo 1-3 had 10+ year old graphics, Halo 4-5 have new graphics, just part of the technology in video games.

Just because the graphics are new doesn’t mean you cant adjust the scale of objects.

> 2533274958836218;4:
> > 2533274815711361;2:
> > On the theme of real estate, while I prefer/appreciated that Halo 5: Guardians had the weapon reticle return to the center of the screen, a side effect of doing this was the weapon models were raised significantly.
> >
> > I hope that Halo Infinite has the reticle in the center of the screen, but lowers the model like Halo: CE.
>
> That would be cool if they did it that way.

I agree! If you look at this picture from Halo: CE, to me it seems the Assault Rifle is being held at more of a hip-fire height, or at least lower on the shoulder.

Compare that to this image from Halo 5: Guardians, where the Assault Rifle is much higher on the screen.

In fact, if you open each image in a new tab and quickly swap between the two, you can see the reticle placement not change, but the weapon model lowering/raising between the two images.

> 2533275011754615;5:
> > 2535417096179468;3:
> > > 2533275011754615;1:
> > > One of my issues with halo 4 and 5 is that your character takes of so much of the real estate on the screen. It makes it makes the game feel heavy despite having such a high movement rate. In halo 1-3 you get to enjoy more of the environment and more easily see what’s going on around you. Also the the gun swing animation for running is halo 5 looks so wonky. I hope halo infinite has a less intrusive hud and weapon positioning with the game supposedly being more open world with larger vistas
> >
> > Well Halo 1-3 had 10+ year old graphics, Halo 4-5 have new graphics, just part of the technology in video games.
>
> Just because the graphics are new doesn’t mean you cant adjust the scale of objects.

Well don’t know what to tell you then, get over and move on or tell a 343 employee to make a HUD scale option.

> 2535417096179468;7:
> > 2533275011754615;5:
> > > 2535417096179468;3:
> > > > 2533275011754615;1:
> > > > One of my issues with halo 4 and 5 is that your character takes of so much of the real estate on the screen. It makes it makes the game feel heavy despite having such a high movement rate. In halo 1-3 you get to enjoy more of the environment and more easily see what’s going on around you. Also the the gun swing animation for running is halo 5 looks so wonky. I hope halo infinite has a less intrusive hud and weapon positioning with the game supposedly being more open world with larger vistas
> > >
> > > Well Halo 1-3 had 10+ year old graphics, Halo 4-5 have new graphics, just part of the technology in video games.
> >
> > Just because the graphics are new doesn’t mean you cant adjust the scale of objects.
>
> Well don’t know what to tell you then, get over and move on or tell a 343 employee to make a HUD scale option.

Well that’s why I posted in the first place

> 2533275011754615;8:
> > 2535417096179468;7:
> > > 2533275011754615;5:
> > > > 2535417096179468;3:
> > > > > 2533275011754615;1:
> > > > > One of my issues with halo 4 and 5 is that your character takes of so much of the real estate on the screen. It makes it makes the game feel heavy despite having such a high movement rate. In halo 1-3 you get to enjoy more of the environment and more easily see what’s going on around you. Also the the gun swing animation for running is halo 5 looks so wonky. I hope halo infinite has a less intrusive hud and weapon positioning with the game supposedly being more open world with larger vistas
> > > >
> > > > Well Halo 1-3 had 10+ year old graphics, Halo 4-5 have new graphics, just part of the technology in video games.
> > >
> > > Just because the graphics are new doesn’t mean you cant adjust the scale of objects.
> >
> > Well don’t know what to tell you then, get over and move on or tell a 343 employee to make a HUD scale option.
>
> Well that’s why I posted in the first place

Exactly. I would like a FoV slider in both console and PC versions of Halo Infinite, the absence of a slider in Halo 3 made the game feel very heavy and slow due to it’s FoV. I think every shooter should have it.