http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=62990970&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=1

for some reason it wouldnt let me post the link in the body paragraph so its in the subject. it should get pples attentions. anyway this is the forge 3.0 thread from bungie.net. 343, i hope u see this

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=62990970&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=1

Link to the thread.

URLs and links work for me. :\

thnks

wow! great ideas! if only the staff of 343 saw this!

> wow! great ideas! if only the staff of 343 saw this!

They probably have, because every single one of those ideas has been posted more than twenty times each on these forums.

And of all those posts, only two have described how those ideas could be implemented without causing more problems than they would solve.

:\

well thats what im working on :slight_smile: I have thought of some ways for ideas to work besides ideas.

Buttons, Make them like Teleporters where you link them together by name (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc.) Have it have a recharge after opening, Make the spawn sequence (or any other thing) have a recharge timer to use it after opening/closing. Default could be After opening: 30 seconds, after closing: instant. So that noone could close it and camp with shotgun.

ODST Drop Pod/Pelican Solution , will be a task for sure. But why not have a “Transport Pelican”? It would hold 4 players. 1 pilot, 1 back machine gun turret, and there would be two drop pods for people to get in. While driving, there could be no guns for the pilot. But they will be able to drop the drop pods. The drop pods will give a Grenade-like damage when hitting the ground with a large radius. Drop pods could respawn on the pelican after awhile, or just wait till it dies. The pelican would be 3/4 as strong as a tank on the top and bottom. weak spots on the inside (back) and a little weaker in the cockpit.

Texture Changing, Like Color changing, there could be an option to change the texture. Textures could be anywhere from Metal, wood, stone, to covenant, damaged, forunner. This would highly satisfy forgers who are bored with the all grey feeling.

> well thats what im working on :slight_smile: I have thought of some ways for ideas to work besides ideas.
>
> Buttons, Make them like Teleporters where you link them together by name (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc.) Have it have a recharge after opening, Make the spawn sequence (or any other thing) have a recharge timer to use it after opening/closing. Default could be After opening: 30 seconds, after closing: instant. So that noone could close it and camp with shotgun.
>
> ODST Drop Pod/Pelican Solution , will be a task for sure. But why not have a “Transport Pelican”? It would hold 4 players. 1 pilot, 1 back machine gun turret, and there would be two drop pods for people to get in. While driving, there could be no guns for the pilot. But they will be able to drop the drop pods. The drop pods will give a Grenade-like damage when hitting the ground with a large radius. Drop pods could respawn on the pelican after awhile, or just wait till it dies. The pelican would be 3/4 as strong as a tank on the top and bottom. weak spots on the inside (back) and a little weaker in the cockpit.
>
> Texture Changing, Like Color changing, there could be an option to change the texture. Textures could be anywhere from Metal, wood, stone, to covenant, damaged, forunner. This would highly satisfy forgers who are bored with the all grey feeling.

thanks man! if we can figure out solutions then 343 would hav no excuse to put them in!

> well thats what im working on :slight_smile: I have thought of some ways for ideas to work besides ideas.

Good.

I hate seeing ideas that are just "what"s, but when someone can package in a plausible “how”, I get interested.

> Texture Changing, Like Color changing, there could be an option to change the texture. Textures could be anywhere from Metal, wood, stone, to covenant, damaged, forunner. This would highly satisfy forgers who are bored with the all grey feeling.

That would certainly help to deal with complaints that all maps look alike. But there’s a slight issue: the different races and factions in Halo have their own architectural style. Human shapes are generally very blocky, gritty, and basic. Covenant shapes are round, bulgy, and ornamental. Forerunner shapes are ornate, but without sacrificing function in favor of form.

Swapping just the textures and patterns won’t work. A Covenant ramp with Forerunner-grey coloring is very noticeably not Forerunner, you see. Of course, this idea could still work well for things like simple blocks, which could probably be made to look right with nearly any skin… But problems would arise with more advanced objects, like towers and bunkers.

Truthfully I thought the same thing. only blocks,inclines, and Ramps could work. buildings wouldnt work.

I heard 343 will be reading Feedback threads. :stuck_out_tongue: Good news for us!

Just realised. the link really shouldnt be the title. makes no sense unless they come in here to investigate.