Hows the Hype?

So its obvious Halo 4 has alot of hype going into it and alot of us know its going to deliver. I mean this is the game that every one is talking about It is the most anticipated game of the year with many e3 awards. It even stands at the top of the pre order charts with the most pre-orders beating its competitor BO2 by almost 130,000 preorders.

Halo 4 is at large.

The question, Is it more hyped than Halo 3. all you halo veterans know how hyped Halo 3 was. The Manhattan midnight launch was so awesome that it was being reported by the top game critics and the game delivered by possibly being the best console game ever made.

What do you guys think Do you think Halo 4 will be as or more successful then halo 3. Will the beginning of a trilogy be better than the end of another one?

> What do you guys think? Do you think Halo 4 will be as or more successful then halo 3. Will the beginning of a trilogy be better than the end of another one?

I think more Halo can never be a bad thing. As for Halo 4 being more successful, we’ll just have to wait and see… not a lot of people have gotten the chance to play it afterall…

I think it’ll be even more successful than Halo 3.

It will be more successful than Halo 3, and in my opinion, it will be better.

Halo 3s Manhattan launch was so exciting because it was being covered by just about every game critic out there not to mention it was being streamed through their websites. the moment That hummer pulled up with the MC I thought I was going to faint. just watching that a Gamestop with everyone and we were all cheering was a feeling. I hope halo 4 has something similar or even better.

Black ops 2 is beating halo 4 it’s on 550 thousand and halo 4 is on 482 thousand.

> Halo 3s Manhattan launch was so exciting because it was being covered by just about every game critic out there not to mention it was being streamed through their websites. the moment That hummer pulled up with the MC I thought I was going to faint. just watching that a Gamestop with everyone and we were all cheering was a feeling. I hope halo 4 has something similar or even better.

i remember watching it on g4 while i think h4 will be more succesful just cus weve had h3odst reach and cea to gain more fans, i dont think they hype will be there. that would be pretty sick to have something similar maybe the fud cast doing something, def would be epic

there is only one level of hype for halo games…and that is “omfgsdfghhdgdjwnckvndjvncjcnvkfn…drool”

always was…always will be

> Black ops 2 is beating halo 4 it’s on 550 thousand and halo 4 is on 482 thousand.

Link?

> Black ops 2 is beating halo 4 it’s on 550 thousand and halo 4 is on 482 thousand.

No its not

Halo 4:482,000 estimate on xbox

Black -Yoinks!-: 357,000 estimate on xbox

> > Halo 3s Manhattan launch was so exciting because it was being covered by just about every game critic out there not to mention it was being streamed through their websites. the moment That hummer pulled up with the MC I thought I was going to faint. just watching that a Gamestop with everyone and we were all cheering was a feeling. I hope halo 4 has something similar or even better.
>
> i remember watching it on g4 while i think h4 will be more succesful just cus weve had h3odst reach and cea to gain more fans, i dont think they hype will be there. that would be pretty sick to have something similar maybe the fud cast doing something, def would be epic

This means halo 4 has to be in Manhattan. I mean My gamestop is in a mall and they are going to shut out all the lights and have surround sound placed all around the mall with halo 4 multiplayer. it is going to be sick. not to mention they are going to do a scripted play in the dark with the sounds. it is supposed to sound like the chief is running right past you or promehteans are charging in through the other side. I will probably be crying at the end of the night

Im really hoping that Halo 4 has more hype than Mario, and that is a big freaking deal.

Halo 4 is getting a lot of hype, as video games become more popular, so will the hype for them. It is the start of a new trilogy, new enemy, and new developers. There is a lot of change going on here and 343i also want to prove themselves.

> > Black ops 2 is beating halo 4 it’s on 550 thousand and halo 4 is on 482 thousand.
>
> No its not
>
> Halo 4:482,000 estimate on xbox
>
> Black -Yoinks!-: 357,000 estimate on xbox

From vgchartz (i think thats reliable but idk)
halo 4:482,538
Black ops 2 both consoles:562,946
halo 4 weekly change:13’285
Blops 2 weekly change:86’952

> > Black ops 2 is beating halo 4 it’s on 550 thousand and halo 4 is on 482 thousand.
>
> Link?

link

> > > Black ops 2 is beating halo 4 it’s on 550 thousand and halo 4 is on 482 thousand.
> >
> > Link?
>
> link

That proves nothing. Halo 4 is at 482,538 and Black Ops II is at 357,953. Halo 4 is clearly winning.

> > > Halo 3s Manhattan launch was so exciting because it was being covered by just about every game critic out there not to mention it was being streamed through their websites. the moment That hummer pulled up with the MC I thought I was going to faint. just watching that a Gamestop with everyone and we were all cheering was a feeling. I hope halo 4 has something similar or even better.
> >
> > i remember watching it on g4 while i think h4 will be more succesful just cus weve had h3odst reach and cea to gain more fans, i dont think they hype will be there. that would be pretty sick to have something similar maybe the fud cast doing something, def would be epic
>
> This means halo 4 has to be in Manhattan. I mean My gamestop is in a mall and they are going to shut out all the lights and have surround sound placed all around the mall with halo 4 multiplayer. it is going to be sick. not to mention they are going to do a scripted play in the dark with the sounds. it is supposed to sound like the chief is running right past you or promehteans are charging in through the other side. I will probably be crying at the end of the night

My Gamestop will be doing a 1v1 Reach tournament leading up to the Midnight release, with one of those H4 controllers as a prize. Then two weeks later the manager is doing a 4v4 tournament on Halo 4 for other prizes. It’ll be a good month.

My hype though is at a nice balance. I don’t want to over hype something that looks good, then turns out to be not so good. Reasonable paranoia.

> > > > Black ops 2 is beating halo 4 it’s on 550 thousand and halo 4 is on 482 thousand.
> > >
> > > Link?
> >
> > link
>
> That proves nothing. Halo 4 is at 482,538 and Black Ops II is at 357,953. Halo 4 is clearly winning.

well if you could do math you would know that 357’953 + 204,993= 562’946

Pretty high, I’d say. But probably not as much as Halo 3, which as we can all remember, was billed as the epic conclusion to the saga and had a huge marketing campaign. Though Halo 4’s is also impressive, I think it lacks that distinctive edge as it is made by a new developer and is a mere continuation of the series for many people. Not that i’m personally effected by this, but from what I’ve observed, games produced by developers they are familiar with and finales to sagas tend to capture more attention.

> > > > Halo 3s Manhattan launch was so exciting because it was being covered by just about every game critic out there not to mention it was being streamed through their websites. the moment That hummer pulled up with the MC I thought I was going to faint. just watching that a Gamestop with everyone and we were all cheering was a feeling. I hope halo 4 has something similar or even better.
> > >
> > > i remember watching it on g4 while i think h4 will be more succesful just cus weve had h3odst reach and cea to gain more fans, i dont think they hype will be there. that would be pretty sick to have something similar maybe the fud cast doing something, def would be epic
> >
> > This means halo 4 has to be in Manhattan. I mean My gamestop is in a mall and they are going to shut out all the lights and have surround sound placed all around the mall with halo 4 multiplayer. it is going to be sick. not to mention they are going to do a scripted play in the dark with the sounds. it is supposed to sound like the chief is running right past you or promehteans are charging in through the other side. I will probably be crying at the end of the night
>
> My Gamestop will be doing a 1v1 Reach tournament leading up to the Midnight release, with one of those H4 controllers as a prize. Then two weeks later the manager is doing a 4v4 tournament on Halo 4 for other prizes. It’ll be a good month.
>
> My hype though is at a nice balance. I don’t want to over hype something that looks good, then turns out to be not so good. Reasonable paranoia.

Im just excited for that play because there is supposed to be total darkness and the sound will be so distinct. Like he told me that during one point it sounds like a plasma pistol is fired and you feel heat streak across your face and master chief will be running and you will fell the stomps as if he is right next to you. then the tournament and the release it will be a magical night not to mention they will be streaming live coverage from the Microsoft store and Manhattan bestbuy. this might just be the best launch ever.