How would you react to Halo on PS4?

OKAY. First off I want to say that I completely understand that this is never ever going to happen, and that I know it’s basically I pipe dream within a pipe dream

I miss the old Halo community. Where Halo fans would dominate any and every video game forum on the internet. Now most of those fans are A. Grown up or B. Moved to PS4. But what if, 343 wanted to re-kindle the love for Halo by releasing it on PS4 in addition to Xbox One. Certainly it wouldn’t hurt them. (I know it would hurt Xbox sales)
So the community could gain a significant increase in population. The community would probably be a little more positive and healthy in the long run as well. I know I would certainly like it, as I would feel like I am part of a flourishing community once more.

However, I want to know if I am in the minority with my opinion or not

Been multiplatform gaming my whole life so I wouldn’t care. I wouldn’t have cared if it was multiplatform when ce launched and I sure as heck don’t care now.

In fact I find it sad that those people honestly believe destiny is better than halo

What 343i wants is irrelevant. Microsoft owns the franchise.

Not to mention the community would only grow in numbers. Not in positivity. It would bring console wars to the waypoint community over trivial things like what console Halo looks better on, who the best player on a given console is, and who’s dad could beat up your dad.

> 2661949065475413;3:
> What 343i wants is irrelevant. Microsoft owns the franchise.
>
> Not to mention the community would only grow in numbers. Not in positivity. It would bring console wars to the waypoint community over trivial things like what console Halo looks better on, who the best player on a given console is, and who’s dad could beat up your dad.

Yup there is that to. The console war community is already disastrous and even though waypoint has its bad moments it would become disastrous as well

One step closer to a PC release, baby.

And while I’m dreaming, I’d like to chisel my abs by doing sit-ups while using millions of dollars as an exercise mat.

Na keep it xbox.

If the game is good it will have a good community on xbox.

Having the game on ps4 wouldn’t help the community at all since there is no cross platform play between the consoles.

Having the game on PC on the other hand would help the community as that would likely have cross platform play.

I don’t do hypotheticals.
Growing up doesn’t change anything, true fans would stick with the franchise until its conclusion under any circumstance. If someone "grew out’ of Halo, they wouldn’t have much options considering that Halo is one of the most narrative and story driven games in the industry. And if “grew out” of Halo means moving to more bloody, vulgar games, those aren’t the kind of people I would like to be associated with.
People moving to the PS4 also doesn’t change much. Most of the long term Halo fans will probably prefer Xbox over Playstation just because that’s what they are used to. Halo didn’t lose community participation because of the console war, it was because people were disappointed with 4 and MCC.

> 2533274844683863;7:
> I don’t do hypotheticals.
> Growing up doesn’t change anything, true fans would stick with the franchise until its conclusion under any circumstance. If someone "grew out’ of Halo, they wouldn’t have much options considering that Halo is one of the most narrative and story driven games in the industry. And if “grew out” of Halo means moving to more bloody, vulgar games, those aren’t the kind of people I would like to be associated with.
> People moving to the PS4 also doesn’t change much. Most of the long term Halo fans will probably prefer Xbox over Playstation just because that’s what they are used to. Halo didn’t lose community participation because of the console war, it was because people were disappointed with 4 and MCC.

Grew out of video games in general, was my point

how are you going to react to BloodBorne on Xbox?

how are you going to react to Zelda on Ps4 and Xbox?

I am not…because those are pointless hypotheticals

If it did I wouldn’t be too butt hurt. I enjoy exclusives for the idea that one game is a key that only works in 1 door. Master keys get boring by being too easily available.

Could care less really. But agree with Pie as it would just create pointless rambling over which system plays Halo better and what not. I don’t care that GTA is cross platform. Also with as botched as MCC was and it still has issues imagine if it was cross platform… I think they need to clearly concentrate on getting Halo working on one platform.

wrong post,

1. Not all fans moved to PS4, that is only speculative at best

2. I don’t think you understand how business works and why it’s a pipe dream, Microsoft owns the Halo franchise, the whole thing, along with it’s own console system in it’s gaming division. Along with first party developers such as 343i, they are owned and funded by Microsoft, these guys don’t just make profit from Halo itself but from console sales itself too. In essence people are paying $410+ instead of $60 just to play the big flagship titles consumers enjoy.

And, believe me, I am no expert but if they sold roughly close-ish to a blockbuster multiplat game (GTA V, CoD, Assassin’s Creed franchise for example) but for one platform, wouldn’t they be directly getting alot more money by not only being self owned and not having to pay a part of the profits to other companies like Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Valve for the various platforms to play on but also from the shift in console sales itself? Exclusives do mean alot to these companies I would imagine, Halo is what it is for Microsoft as Uncharted is what it is for Sony.

1. Also, have you seen how toxic these console wars are? And this bs war for the most “exclusive content and DLC” among the platforms right now? or insanely large games like League of Legends? More =/= Positive for community

2. Nah, in some grim dark fantasy future if Halo had to be on something else along with xbox, I’d rather see it on PC first.

> 2533274877132092;1:
> OKAY. First off I want to say that I completely understand that this is never ever going to happen, and that I know it’s basically I pipe dream within a pipe dream
>
> I miss the old Halo community. Where Halo fans would dominate any and every video game forum on the internet. Now most of those fans are A. Grown up or B. Moved to PS4. But what if, 343 wanted to re-kindle the love for Halo by releasing it on PS4 in addition to Xbox One. Certainly it wouldn’t hurt them. (I know it would hurt Xbox sales)
> So the community could gain a significant increase in population. The community would probably be a little more positive and healthy in the long run as well. I know I would certainly like it, as I would feel like I am part of a flourishing community once more.
>
> However, I want to know if I am in the minority with my opinion or not

And that’s why I have no reaction to this question/scenario.

Step 1: Make Halo 6 for xbox one and ps4.
Step 2: Get hardcore playstation fans to get hooked on Halo, introduce them to custom games (which aren’t on any other console shooter).
Step 3: Make Halo 7 for xbox only.

Most playstation-only ‘fanboys’ think Halo is overrated, because they only saw gameplay on youtube, via popular channels or ign who may not necessarily be good at Halo, or don’t dabble into Halo’s full potential (multiplayer and forged custom games with a full lobby). And watching someone stuggle with Halo’s campaign on Normal doesn’t exactly look fun, but we know how fun it feels to actually play it.

Immediately sell my xbox and buy a ps4. Halo is the only reason I have an Xbox one even though I’d rather have a ps4.

It would suddenly turn into the best game ever on ps4, whereas now its just crap. lol

I’d probably sell my Xbox One.

> 2533274872578239;15:
> Step 1: Make Halo 6 for xbox one and ps4.
> Step 2: Get hardcore playstation fans to get hooked on Halo, introduce them to custom games (which aren’t on any other console shooter).
> Step 3: Make Halo 7 for xbox only.
>
> Most playstation-only ‘fanboys’ think Halo is overrated, because they only saw gameplay on youtube, via popular channels or ign who may not necessarily be good at Halo, or don’t dabble into Halo’s full potential (multiplayer and forged custom games with a full lobby). And watching someone stuggle with Halo’s campaign on Normal doesn’t exactly look fun, but we know how fun it feels to actually play it.

COD has custom games… Although they call them “Private Match” I think, it’s still the same idea.

I already have both systems so it’s a no brainer which version I’d get…

…Sorry Playstation, my Xbox overrules you.