How would you like 343 to recap Escalation for H5?

How would guys like them to recap whats happened?

They say that the extended media isnt 100% necessary to understand what will happen or feel lost, but a lot of people were lost with halo 4 even with the terminals.

And lets face it ALOT goes down in escalation, or it has been as of lately especially with the absolute record arc starting.

So comment below how would you like it done? Terminals? Prologue, Epilogue.?

Perhaps have the next 72 hours as the opening mission!

Well, at least it won’t be like Destiny and its excuse for lore…
I think references to escalation events in cutscenes would be good.

> 2533274882999606;2:
> Well, at least it won’t be like Destiny and its excuse for lore…
> I think references to escalation events in cutscenes would be good.

I got very hyped for destiny and played it for an hour and havent played it since. :’( waste of my £ in all honesty.

I think a mixture of terminals, prologue epilogue, and 100000000% yes to the next 72 hours being the first mission

After seeing the Halo 4 post mortem, I’m really hoping they put as much in the campaign as possible - nothing hurts a series more than leaving so much out due to outside lote/prior games that the player feels lost even when they’ve played all of the main titles (Destiny and Kingdom Hearts, for example).

At least making additional points in terminals would beat having the entire backstory to the plot of the game told through sources like that.

I really feel like they have to show how both parts of the Janus key came into Jul’s/Halsey’s possession. Whether it be a flash back or a terminal.

> 2533274809169058;1:
> How would guys like them to recap whats happened?
>
> They say that the extended media isnt 100% necessary to understand what will happen or feel lost, but a lot of people were lost with halo 4 even with the terminals.
>
> And lets face it ALOT goes down in escalation, or it has been as of lately especially with the absolute record arc starting.
>
> So comment below how would you like it done? Terminals? Prologue, Epilogue.?
>
> Perhaps have the next 72 hours as the opening mission!

it really depends on how the next 6 chapters go. Most of the Escalation stuff would have no effect on Halo 5. but the Janus key could.

Release the next 72 hours as dlc that’s playable

Pregame cutscenes.

What they did with Halsey at the beginning of Halo 4.

A kick–Yoink- blur cinematic with the Chief narrating or something like that. Whatever they do though 343 have to recap escalation since some really important stuff has gone down.

maybe do a recap in spielbergs film and then have the film carry on to lead us into the game.

Maybe have an epilogue cutscene that has Locke briefing his team on their mission, briefly recaping Halo 4, the next 72 hours, and anything after up to Chief going AWOL

You know what, instead of doing a full-blown recap that would require players to memorize 22 issues’ worth of comic material all at once, I’d rather it be more of an “explain when necessary.” So pretty much, whenever the need to explain a detail/event from Escalation arises, the narrative would explain said detail/event there and then. That way, the information is far easier to retain, and doesn’t distract the player from the flow of the story. In other words, instead of the entire series being recapped in a prologue, any detail from Escalation would instead be explained at times when the narrative encorporates said detail. Work as you go along.

Above all, trying to cram everything in a 3min prologue will never, ever work.

> 2533274876631466;13:
> You know what, instead of doing a full-blown recap that would require players to memorize 22 issues’ worth of comic material all at once, I’d rather it be more of an “explain when necessary.” So pretty much, whenever the need to explain a detail/event from Escalation arises, the narrative would explain said detail/event there and then. That way, the information is far easier to retain, and doesn’t distract the player from the flow of the story. In other words, instead of the entire series being recapped in a prologue, any detail from Escalation would instead be explained at times when the narrative encorporates said detail. Work as you go along.

So yeah, basically like a good anime would.

343 knows what that is, right?

I like the next 72 hours as the opening for the game. It would be satisfying to actually kill off the didact in-game or in a cutscene. Then again I would like to be thrown into a mission where Chief is already made significant progress towards this “traitor” state he is in.

Yup, even if H5 doesn’t recap the whole of Escalation, The Next 72 Hours will definitely have to be top priority to bring up to make sure everyone is on the same page.

> 2533274876631466;13:
> You know what, instead of doing a full-blown recap that would require players to memorize 22 issues’ worth of comic material all at once, I’d rather it be more of an “explain when necessary.” So pretty much, whenever the need to explain a detail/event from Escalation arises, the narrative would explain said detail/event there and then. That way, the information is far easier to retain, and doesn’t distract the player from the flow of the story. In other words, instead of the entire series being recapped in a prologue, any detail from Escalation would instead be explained at times when the narrative encorporates said detail. Work as you go along.
>
> Above all, trying to cram everything in a 3min prologue will never, ever work.

I second this idea.

With some well-written and properly placed expostion throughout the campaign, there’s no reason someone should have to read all the comics to get caught up on what’s been happening in between games. This is what ‘Halo 4’ didn’t do well at all - and that’s why people complained. Hopefully 343i realizes this though and rather than cutting all ties the game has to the EU, they just try to be better about explaining those ties (a-la Andycu5’s suggestion).

> 2535460843083983;14:
> > 2533274876631466;13:
> > You know what, instead of doing a full-blown recap that would require players to memorize 22 issues’ worth of comic material all at once, I’d rather it be more of an “explain when necessary.” So pretty much, whenever the need to explain a detail/event from Escalation arises, the narrative would explain said detail/event there and then. That way, the information is far easier to retain, and doesn’t distract the player from the flow of the story. In other words, instead of the entire series being recapped in a prologue, any detail from Escalation would instead be explained at times when the narrative encorporates said detail. Work as you go along.
>
>
> So yeah, basically like a good anime would.
>
> 343 knows what that is, right?

lol it’s funny because anime does not even understand how to do it right.

> 2533274856110620;18:
> > 2535460843083983;14:
> > > 2533274876631466;13:
> > > You know what, instead of doing a full-blown recap that would require players to memorize 22 issues’ worth of comic material all at once, I’d rather it be more of an “explain when necessary.” So pretty much, whenever the need to explain a detail/event from Escalation arises, the narrative would explain said detail/event there and then. That way, the information is far easier to retain, and doesn’t distract the player from the flow of the story. In other words, instead of the entire series being recapped in a prologue, any detail from Escalation would instead be explained at times when the narrative encorporates said detail. Work as you go along.
> >
> >
> > So yeah, basically like a good anime would.
> >
> > 343 knows what that is, right?
>
>
> lol it’s funny because anime does not even understand how to do it right.

Hey. There are some…

A nice 10 min cutscene in the beginning of the game would be pretty cool.