How would you feel if Halo Infinite was open world

How would you feel if this was the case. Instead of the usual point A to point B Halo game, it would be more like GTA or Destiny. I personally would not like this, mostly because Halo has never been open world, and it shouldn’t try to be more like Destiny. What are you thoughts?

<mark>mod edit: moved to Halo Infinite</mark>

I would prefer if it were to happen in a spin-off game but I’m not closed minded to it.

I’d prefer if they stuck to a point A to point B campaign, but just made the levels a little more open and not so small.

it would be interesting to see. I personally love open world games. it wouldn’t be the first time theres been an open world halo, Halo ODST. Hopefully, if it is open world, it will not be as labyrinth-like as ODST was (I got lost a lot in ODST)

At the moment id prefer A to B and then maybe another game where you make your own spartan and all open world. But we will see…im trying to stay open minded and hopefully if they due open world itll be different from the rest already out there.

it would be interesting to see how different it would be from the others could be lot more open but not totally open world

I would think it be kinda fun change to it if they dont make it feel like Destiny i hate destiny for the fact missions is done with in a week or less of play.
I just don’t know if 343 should take the risk of loosing fans due to the fact its just like a Destiny game and it don’t work for the halo fans… Now if it was like Call of Duty and has multiple company’s making the game. Then a risk from one company trying something very new sounds like a good idea. But its just 343 building the game and if they mess it up they will loose fans and it be years before another good halo will be out.

-Multiplayer i love it to be 30vs30 in a game mode like battlefield big open map lots of things happening and no AI or limited AI unlike Firefight.
I think it be a great multiplayer to see some super massive maps with lots of players working together.

What if they had some sort of open hub where you took on missions etc…similar to Destiny I guess but with a few changes

> 2533274809486633;8:
> What if they had some sort of open hub where you took on missions etc…similar to Destiny I guess but with a few changes

Hubs i don’t really like due to the fact that it just takes up content and time making the area for the game when I rather see the time spent on Gameplay and the Forge.

I prefer simple menu’s that do the exact same thing… Unless this Halo is going to be expanded on for years to come… If its going to be a game like World of tanks or Elder Scroll Online that is always getting new content then im for the hubs. But if its just going to be another title just like Halo 5 and a year or 2 later a new halo comes out then no hubs sound better to me.

Also sorry to beat off topic here some but I could really use some feed back on my post and love to hear things you all would add to a wish list for Halo Infinite.

Click Here!
Please visit the click here link above!

> 2533274792937431;10:
> Also sorry to beat off topic here some but I could really use some feed back on my post and love to hear things you all would add to a wish list for Halo Infinite.
> **Click Here!**Please visit the click here link above!

<mark>Please don’t try to hijack other people’s thread, and please do not post multiple times in a row.</mark>

Well it wasn’t related to the same thing the post before was related to a quote from what the other person said.
But sorry anyhow just I been around since Halo CE on xbox, So just I just know lots about it and just trying to get some good idea’s out there.

> 2533275026446288;4:
> it would be interesting to see. I personally love open world games. it wouldn’t be the first time theres been an open world halo, Halo ODST. Hopefully, if it is open world, it will not be as labyrinth-like as ODST was (I got lost a lot in ODST)

I loved ODST, yet ODST was semi open world. ODST was point A to point B. Also, I got lost a bunch of times too XD.

After reading a few of your replies, my thoughts have changed a little. I still don’t want a full-fledged open world Halo game. Though, I would not mind if the missions where very open spaced and maybe even had a few side objectives like HW2.

By the way, thank you to the moderator who moved this topic, It was ill-advised to put it in general discussion when it is a Infinite topic.

The idea of open world Halo is growing on me. However I would rather the main series remain linear and experiment with the open world genre in spin offs.

> 2535433389928120;1:
> How would you feel if this was the case. Instead of the usual point A to point B Halo game, it would be more like GTA or Destiny. I personally would not like this, mostly because Halo has never been open world, and it shouldn’t try to be more like Destiny. What are you thoughts?
>
> mod edit: moved to Halo Infinite

Just play HaloCE and then you will see or remember how huge the areas were and it still had the best gameplay from all Halo games.

A more open approach to individual level design I can absolutely get behind. Like CE levels on a bigger scale. My only reservation about it going full on open world is the temptation to implement rpg elements and/or crafting mechanics. I don’t want that stuff anywhere near Halo

> 2535433389928120;1:
> How would you feel if this was the case. Instead of the usual point A to point B Halo game, it would be more like GTA or Destiny. I personally would not like this, mostly because Halo has never been open world, and it shouldn’t try to be more like Destiny. What are you thoughts?
>
> mod edit: moved to Halo Infinite

It really depends on how it is executed. GTA is a fantastic free roam game because it’s entire formula is based around exploration and travel. Halo’s never really focused on exploration of large worlds, except maybe partially in CE. For the most part, in all the games, you’re set on a direct path throughout a level. The Halo formula has never been built to work with free roam environments. Not only this, but Halo co-op has never been in an entirely online setting, such as Destiny and GTA, where there are always players around in your server.

I absolutely love free roam games like GTA because they offer tremendous player freedom. If you want to explore the map, you can do so on foot, in a car, in a plane, helicopter, fighter jet, etc. If you just want to customize and collect various types of cars, you can do that as well. If you wanna reign down hell, you can do that too. These games allow for the player to enjoy the game in whatever way they choose to do so.

Do I think this can’t work? No. I can’t say what exactly could be done to make it work, but I think Halo has the potential to be an awesome free-roam experience if done correctly. The formula needs to be reworked in a way that maintains the feel and style of classic Halo gameplay while introducing many new options to the player for enjoying the game. This might be difficult to do, since map design, vehicle use and availability, player customization can, and usually are, all tied into free-roam aspects of an online game. Not only this, but such features are usually pretty delicate with the community. So there’s that as well.

Basically, if it’s not perfect, it has a massive potential to fail.

I think it’s worth bringing ODST up in this topic. Rookie’s missions in ODST placed him in a hostile environment that left quite a bit of room for exploration. This is probably the closest thing we’ve gotten to a free roam-like space in a Halo game. In order to visualize what the perfect open world Halo game could look like, perhaps we should consider what ODST did right, what it did wrong, and how to improve this experience and massively scale it up.

the main concern I have is how well will it be executed if it is I hope 343 knows what they are doing so far game looks promising if its anything like the new Mombasa missions from ODST then I would be down optimistic if it is open world 343 look at what ODST did and expand upon that

I’d rather have big levels which offer some exploration like CE had, but it’s an A to B campaign. If they want to do a free roaming world like your GTA example, then I’d rather they try it in a spinoff game first. TBH, I’d like it if they did a RPG spinoff game instead.