How would you feel about show boating ability’s?

Well we all know about halo and it’s past time of tea bagging. Some love it some hate it. How would you guys feel if their was a button you could press to make your spartan show boat? Similar to fornite in a way? But more halo like. Maybe a little strut or dance maybe even a spartan wave like “bye bye”?

Also so would be great for people who like making halo videos on YouTube like machinimas.

What do you think about this? I personally think it would be pretty cool.

I’m open with ideas but personally I’d prefer if this doesn’t happen. I’m fine with just a simple bag.
But if this were to happen I just pray it’s nothing crazy. Keep it nice and simple

Ehhhhhhhh nooooo. No. No…no.

Seriously; no.

Can’t get behind this one. Emotes are best left out of Halo imo. If there’s any way to show off an animation, it should be custom assassinations like Halo 5 had. People can criticize teabagging all they want, but it’s always been a staple of the series’ multiplayer and I doubt that people would ditch it for generic poses.

> 2535462450434439;2:
> I’m open with ideas but personally I’d prefer if this doesn’t happen. I’m fine with just a simple bag.
> But if this were to happen I just pray it’s nothing crazy. Keep it nice and simple

I’m totally on board with keeping it simple. Nothing like whipping out disco ball and break dancing with music playing. Just maybe some assaination long show boats like maybe a dance move, waving and laughing.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535415539486588;3:
> Ehhhhhhhh nooooo. No. No…no.
>
> Seriously; no.

It wouldn’t be bad at all. Kinda miss that funky aspect of halo when it had stuff like flaming heads, a stink clouds. Halo needs to lighten up a bit again in multiplayer with something new. And it’s not like it’s a bad change to where it affects gameplay.

> 2533274847480519;6:
> > 2535415539486588;3:
> > Ehhhhhhhh nooooo. No. No…no.
> >
> > Seriously; no.
>
> It wouldn’t be bad at all. Kinda miss that funky aspect of halo when it had stuff like flaming heads, a stink clouds. Halo needs to lighten up a bit again in multiplayer with something new. And it’s not like it’s a bad change to where it affects gameplay.

I’m a 27yrld man. If it were up to me children wouldn’t be allowed to play and would be hardware banned lol. Maybe I’m just a grouch but it also wouldn’t be right for the tone of the game. Those showboating animations in Halo 5 made me cringe. No dancing. No showboating animations. Definitely no dancing.

Stuff like flaming helmets? Yes.

no. seriously out of all the things that could benefit the game this is definitely not one of them.

Nah. Tea bagging is fine because it was taking a game mechanic used for something else and co-opting it for alternative uses. Creating a mechanic specifically for showboating sounds unnecessary.

I just wouldn’t buy the game. I’m sick of showboating in games. Why can’t it be like Halo 1-4? Game starts, game goes, game finishes, “Game Over” Show scoreboard, no winner’s circle

This seems like unnecessary pandering to a particular trend in a totally tasteless way that would be very out of place in the game. It’s easy to talk about “lightening up” and make the obvious comparison to the Halo Reach armor effects, but that’s kind of a naive comparison to make that misses a lot of subtlety and history. First of all, literally, armor effects were mostly subtle enough that I didn’t have issue with them, but some people had so that’s not really a defense of them. Personally, I did not hate them, but I don’t think we lost a lot when they went away.

In any case, the thing about armor effects was that they have some kind of historical roots in Halo and were an expression of the developer, rather than something tacked on to appeal to some trend. They were an expression of Bungie’s brand of humor and their approach to game design, and are direct descendants of ideas like the grunt birthday party skull and flaming helmet in Halo 3, which were almost easter eggs. It’s a matter of taste whether Bungie went too far with them, but one can’t deny that they were fundamentally very Bungie and unique. They weren’t just trying to imitate a popular phenomenon.

In a sense, I feel like asking for silly features like these immediately invalidates this idea, because fundamentally, Halo is not intended to be an over the top silly game. Which is not to say that it is, or should be, completely void of silliness, but that its silliness is more subtle than Spartans starting outright dancing in the middle of combat. So, to put emotes into the game would require a significant lack of understanding of the tone of the game. It is not a gritty military simulator, but it’s not Fortnite either.

> 2535415539486588;7:
> I’m a 27yrld man. If it were up to me children wouldn’t be allowed to play and would be hardware banned lol.

Did you only start playing games when you turned 18? Otherwise that would be a somewhat hypocrtical opinion. Whether a given game is appropriate for a player of given age aside, games are for people of all ages to enjoy. Gatekeeping is not the right thing to do.

I don’t like that idea. Spartans are badasses and showboating just sounds out of character. People who are truly badasses don’t need to tell everyone else how bad they are. I wouldn’t mind some minor interaction buttons though, but they should be offensive and fit the character.

DOOM did something similar, the brought in taunts from Brutal Doom, but they made them in a very Fortnite way and it just looks stupid. There is something just wrong about the toughest SOB in the universe doing “The Carlton”

They should have stuck to what Brutal Doom laid out

Halo is the same way.

I can’t stress enough how much I do not want something like this in Halo. I’m beyond tired of this kind of garbage (in my opinion) in video games. Again, In my opinion, games should not be encouraging people (especially kids) to act this way and you know that kids in real life will do the same taunts and things when playing sports or whatever, rubbing it into the other team or player. Too many games are doing this and I feel it set a very bad precedence. There’s a difference between having fun, being excited that you/your team did well and rubbing it in and what not in my opinion.

Rubbing it in, show boating, being a cocky…well, you know what lol will always be present as long as human beings exist, but we don’t have to glorify it and we definitely shouldn’t be encouraging it in my opinion.

> 2535462450434439;2:
> I’m open with ideas but personally I’d prefer if this doesn’t happen. I’m fine with just a simple bag.
> But if this were to happen I just pray it’s nothing crazy. Keep it nice and simple

Im with you, I mean yeah Halo has always had a playful vibe with some characters to an extent but at the same time its supposed to be a Military Sci-Fi Shooter. These Spartans we play as are trained professional soldiers. I don’t think that’s something they’d do from a realistic stand point. Bags aren’t the characters doing that, thats strictly player but an animated showboat would be a bit much.

I agree with the above sentiments. Celebrating and trash talking is all part of any game, but taunting is unsportsmanlike. In almost any game, professional down to high school, showboating in disrespectful ways gets you thrown out of the game. While I’m not the type to be offended by -Yoink-, I do understand that all mechanics have a subtle affect in the psychology of the player population. Giving the option of unsportsmanlike behavior will only lead to it being further propagated.

No. Just no.

> 2533274825830455;11:
> This seems like unnecessary pandering to a particular trend in a totally tasteless way that would be very out of place in the game. It’s easy to talk about “lightening up” and make the obvious comparison to the Halo Reach armor effects, but that’s kind of a naive comparison to make that misses a lot of subtlety and history. First of all, literally, armor effects were mostly subtle enough that I didn’t have issue with them, but some people had so that’s not really a defense of them. Personally, I did not hate them, but I don’t think we lost a lot when they went away.
>
> In any case, the thing about armor effects was that they have some kind of historical roots in Halo and were an expression of the developer, rather than something tacked on to appeal to some trend. They were an expression of Bungie’s brand of humor and their approach to game design, and are direct descendants of ideas like the grunt birthday party skull and flaming helmet in Halo 3, which were almost easter eggs. It’s a matter of taste whether Bungie went too far with them, but one can’t deny that they were fundamentally very Bungie and unique. They weren’t just trying to imitate a popular phenomenon.
>
> In a sense, I feel like asking for silly features like these immediately invalidates this idea, because fundamentally, Halo is not intended to be an over the top silly game. Which is not to say that it is, or should be, completely void of silliness, but that its silliness is more subtle than Spartans starting outright dancing in the middle of combat. So, to put emotes into the game would require a significant lack of understanding of the tone of the game. It is not a gritty military simulator, but it’s not Fortnite either.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535415539486588;7:
> > I’m a 27yrld man. If it were up to me children wouldn’t be allowed to play and would be hardware banned lol.
>
> Did you only start playing games when you turned 18? Otherwise that would be a somewhat hypocrtical opinion. Whether a given game is appropriate for a player of given age aside, games are for people of all ages to enjoy. Gatekeeping is not the right thing to do.

I was being somewhat hyperbolic/joking with that part to send myself up as extra cranky because despite absolutely hating this idea I also feel mean telling some little kid not to dance lol. I do want the series to return to an M or above and really would prefer kids don’t play or more specifically don’t play online with headsets though. I started playing games when I was 5 and played Halo since CE released but I don’t scream down the mic or advocate shudders dancing, so not hypocritical.