How would you feel about a Halo anime?

Title for reference.
How would you feel about a Halo anime that was on-air in Japan, and other regions?
Not just a compilation of stories, either.
A continuous storyline with the same re-occurring characters.
In my opinion, it would open up an entirely new demographic to Halo than before.

(You get Halo big in the Japanese market, and also appeal to those that love a good Sci-Fi anime)

Hypothetically, if this came true, I’d like to see it based around Buck’s ODST squad, (With the squad members at the time of the Battle Of Earth) with Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Adam Baldwin, Tricia Helfer, and Nolan North doing the main cast voice acting.

So, what do you think?
I know not as many people enjoyed Legends for various reasons,
but I think if enough love and care was put into this, Halo in general would become a lot more successful.

NOT TO MENTION: Even more kick–Yoink- soundtracks, A la Halo Legends.

Oh hello there! :wink:

I would be very interested to see that happen. Halo Legends was fantastic IMO and I would like it if 343i experimented even more with the visual style of Halo Legends and made a whole storyline with dynamic characters and convincing plot.

And you are right in saying it could open more doors in marketing.

What I would also like to see is 343i experimenting again with The Duel’s visual style and tone. That was very interesting to watch.

And plus: Halo Legends music ftw!!!

I would love to see a Halo Anime series, as long as it’s both subbed and dubbed, and Funimation releases it on Hulu, iTunes, and their site!
I know when Funimation tweeted out with a tweet with a link to survey, there was a question “What video game would you like to see turned into a Anime Series/movie?” And on the top of my list of Games was Halo.

I wouldn’t.
The artistic liberties, and other types of liberties wouldn’t wok very well with a simple anime… Legends had too many liberties already.

I’m actually a huge fan of anime. My personal favorites being Elfen Lied and Ergo Proxy. I also love Death Note, Bleach, and at times some Inuyasha. But Mobile Suit Gundam is a classic, that doesn’t even belong on a list of favorites, it’s just a classic. Point of this all being; there’s variety and ample opportunity in anime to create something truly revolutionary with Halo, especially going further beyond what Legends managed to achieve.

And I wholeheartedly agree that a series based around a core team of ODST’s, especially Buck’s team, would be absolute pleasure. There’s certainly an idea and draw there, as I’ve had the same concept previously!

What we have here is a chance to draw beyond Halo and a starring Spartan, and explore a few other nooks in this universe without falling back on our favorite super soldier. And since Buck and his crew have so little face time, there’s not much to continuity, so they wouldn’t have to step on anyones toes.

But I do believe we should explore alternatives to what we had in Legends, we need a new voice for this ODST series.

Wasn’t Halo Legends pretty much anime?

I’m Toa Freak, and I approve this idea.

On a serious note, if it were to happen, I’d like to see an anthology series. Basically, multi-episode story arcs that focus on various events in the Halo Universe: stories about Grey Team, Black Team, the formation of the Covenant, more about Headhunters, the actions of Gauntlet, Red, and Echo teams on Reach, etc.

I’m sorry OP and others, but this is one idea I can only hope never becomes a reality. Far too many issues popping up concerning Halo becoming a fully fledged anime…

> I’m sorry OP and others, but this is one idea I can only hope never becomes a reality. Far too many issues popping up concerning Halo becoming a fully fledged anime…

Far too many issues? They did it with Legends, and were quite successful. They only faltered when 343i allowed the teams to put their own heavy spin on the universe, and we received very distinct, individual interpretations of the franchise. A single focused ODST series with a dedicated crew wouldn’t have these pitfalls.

I fail to see any issues.

> I’m Toa Freak, and I approve this idea.

I am Mactashiv and I approve this approval.

Seriously that’s awesome

I’m all for it, honestly.

Maybe have it follow someone other than chief, well hat would be my preference. There is a lot of uncovered ground in the Halo time line.

Personally I’d love it if Bee Train did it, they did an excellent job with homecoming. It helped display the dark side of the Spartan II project, and high lighted the fact that Spartans do indeed die on the battlefield. And, that sometimes they die in vain.

Homecoming and Prototype (By Bones) are by far my favorite two segments of Legends.

> I’m all for it, honestly.
>
> Maybe have it follow someone other than chief, well hat would be my preference. There is a lot of uncovered ground in the Halo time line.
>
> Personally I’d love it if Bee Train did it, they did an excellent job with homecoming. It helped display the dark side of the Spartan II project, and high lighted the fact that Spartans do indeed die on the battlefield. And, that sometimes they die in vain.
>
> Homecoming and Prototype (By Bones) are by far my favorite two segments of Legends.

I would pick Bones to do the series, given the choice. Them or Production IG. I did not like Homecoming at all. Good art, but not a very good story.

See, I would request Manglobe Inc. to produce an ODST series. They are responsible for Ergo Proxy, and that series was Sci-Fi, atmospheric, and eerie. It had brilliant pacing and told a well developed story. I think they have the creativity to produce an incredible ODST show.

I’d be for it. But perhaps I can offer a middle ground between anime lovers and anime haters? Genndy Tartakovsky.

References

Star Wars: Clone Wars
Priest Animated Prologue

I believe Samurai Jack is a far better representation of how artistic and creative Genndy is.

> I wouldn’t.
> The artistic liberties, and other types of liberties wouldn’t wok very well with a simple anime… Legends had too many liberties already.

There’s an easy fix for that, keep the artists on a short lease. Hell, have Funimation put together a crew to do the animating. They’re doing a great job with the Mass Effect movie they’re working on.

> I’m sorry OP and others, but this is one idea I can only hope never becomes a reality. Far too many issues popping up concerning Halo becoming a fully fledged anime…

Really? I don’t see any as long as 343i keeps things under control and don’t let them get out of hand.

Im not the biggest anime fan nor was I a fan of legends so I wouldn’t really care to something like this.

I wasn’t a big fan of Legends whatsoever, there was too much posing, dramatic posing and then more dramatic posing. Big anime hair underneath those Mjolnir helmets… yeah it doesn’t suit as far as I’m concerned.

Having said that Origins was a massive massive triumph for the Halo franchise, if there was more that followed in the same anime style as Origins (in terms of animation and storytelling) then I would be all for it. Legends as a whole was greatly redeemed by Origins.

> I wasn’t a big fan of Legends whatsoever, there was too much posing, dramatic posing and then more dramatic posing. Big anime hair underneath those Mjolnir helmets… yeah it doesn’t suit as far as I’m concerned.
>
> Having said that Origins was a massive massive triumph for the Halo franchise, if there was more that followed in the same anime style as Origins (in terms of animation and storytelling) then I would be all for it. Legends as a whole was greatly redeemed by Origins.

The Art style of a future Halo Anime will have to be that of Origins, that I will agree with you there.

> > I’m sorry OP and others, but this is one idea I can only hope never becomes a reality. Far too many issues popping up concerning Halo becoming a fully fledged anime…
>
> Far too many issues? They did it with Legends, and were quite successful. They only faltered when 343i allowed the teams to put their own heavy spin on the universe, and we received very distinct, individual interpretations of the franchise. A single focused ODST series with a dedicated crew wouldn’t have these pitfalls.
>
> I fail to see any issues.

I’m not referring to storyline and plot issues, though those were present, I’m referring to the fact some people don’t like or appreciate anime and see it more as a cartoon thing then anything else. It’s honestly nothing personal if you do enjoy it and I admit I’ve watched some anime’s at the request of my friends, but in the end, there’s only been two I’ve ever truly enjoyed.

As for Legends, that was a good movie series, but when I start contemplating the way a t.v. show could go with this type of stuff, I started getting a gut feeling there is far too many t.v. shows which deviate from core elements because the fact stands they need the shows to last. While a video game is in the same realm of entertainment as t.v., I still can’t agree it would be a good thing for the Halo Universe and its community.

Like I said, I’m sorry I can’t agree to this, but my gut has rarely acted up like this and its generally not wrong about this kind of stuff…