how would no bloom affect sniping?

I’ve never understood bloom until recently and gather that it is the recoil of a weapon?

Now I understand it is it the reason behind for why I find doing no scopes easier in Reach than in Halo 3?

In H3 no scoping took a lot of practice and sniping in general took some skills to be efficient with it

I’m far better with the sniper in Reach than I am with it in H3 and is this because of bloom?

I get many more headshots and kills in Reach with the sniper

If bloom was took away would it just become like H3 sniping again?

> I’ve never understood bloom until recently and gather that it is the recoil of a weapon?
>
> Now I understand it is it the reason behind for why I find doing no scopes easier in Reach than in Halo 3?
>
> In H3 no scoping took a lot of practice and sniping in general took some skills to be efficient with it
>
> I’m far better with the sniper in Reach than I am with it in H3 and is this because of bloom?
>
> I get many more headshots and kills in Reach with the sniper
>
> If bloom was took away would it just become like H3 sniping again?

Bloom will still be on every weapon except the Magnum, DMR, and NR.

I hate to be a buzzkill. But sniping in Reach is way easier than in H3 because of the head hitboxes bieng so big. But bloom doesn’t affect the sniper I believe.

> > I’ve never understood bloom until recently and gather that it is the recoil of a weapon?
> >
> > Now I understand it is it the reason behind for why I find doing no scopes easier in Reach than in Halo 3?
> >
> > In H3 no scoping took a lot of practice and sniping in general took some skills to be efficient with it
> >
> > I’m far better with the sniper in Reach than I am with it in H3 and is this because of bloom?
> >
> > I get many more headshots and kills in Reach with the sniper
> >
> > If bloom was took away would it just become like H3 sniping again?
>
> Bloom will still be on every weapon except the Magnum, DMR, and NR.

:frowning: although no sniper bloom would just mean more noobs getting kills I suppose. Or would it?

> I hate to be a buzzkill. But sniping in Reach is way easier than in H3 because of the head hitboxes bieng so big. But bloom doesn’t affect the sniper I believe.

Yes, I couldn’t snipe at all in H3. In fairness it was my first online game, but I still think reach is waaay easier.

Ah is that why! I was ok in H3 with the sniper but in Reach I’m pretty damm good with it and its why I play the playlist pretty much all the time,

I just need some good team mates :frowning:

> > > I’ve never understood bloom until recently and gather that it is the recoil of a weapon?
> > >
> > > Now I understand it is it the reason behind for why I find doing no scopes easier in Reach than in Halo 3?
> > >
> > > In H3 no scoping took a lot of practice and sniping in general took some skills to be efficient with it
> > >
> > > I’m far better with the sniper in Reach than I am with it in H3 and is this because of bloom?
> > >
> > > I get many more headshots and kills in Reach with the sniper
> > >
> > > If bloom was took away would it just become like H3 sniping again?
> >
> > Bloom will still be on every weapon except the Magnum, DMR, and NR.
>
> :frowning: although no sniper bloom would just mean more noobs getting kills I suppose. Or would it?

The increased ease of using the sniper rifle is a combination of a larger head hitbox, and increased autoaim on all weapons. At this point, bloom has no effect on the sniper. The bloom is cosmetic. It actually has a fixed rate of fire, and cannot be fired until bloom has completely reset. Removing bloom would make it harder to tell when you are able to fire.

The reason sniping in Reach is easier than Halo 3 is because of hitscan, not some increase in this hit boxes as many believe.

> The reason sniping in Reach is easier than Halo 3 is because of hitscan, not some increase in this hit boxes as many believe.

It’s both actually. But the travel time of the sniper bullets in H3 was negligable on everything except sandtrap.

> I’ve never understood bloom until recently and gather that it is the recoil of a weapon?
>
> Now I understand it is it the reason behind for why I find doing no scopes easier in Reach than in Halo 3?
>
> In H3 no scoping took a lot of practice and sniping in general took some skills to be efficient with it
>
> I’m far better with the sniper in Reach than I am with it in H3 and is this because of bloom?
>
> I get many more headshots and kills in Reach with the sniper
>
> If bloom was took away would it just become like H3 sniping again?

From what I have found, seen, and tested, Bloom does not effect the sniper at all. The RoF is so slow, the Bloom is already reset itself.

If you do not want bloom taken away its not big deal 343 is making a playlist with no bloom so that every weapon has no bloom in that playlist. This will not cross over into the normal playlist however. So the bloom will stay the no bloom will just be in a seperate playlist :smiley:

massive amounts of aim assist and magnetism along with slightly larger hitboxes and the sniper being hitscan makes it waaay easier to use than it was in H3…not that H3 didnt have aim assist and magnetism…

The ease of sniping is a combination of things, but not bloom.

1. Slower movement speed
  2. Slightly larger head-hitboxes
  3. Hitscan
  4. Halo 3 level autoaim (which is much greater than Halo 2)

Combine 3 and 4 and you’ve got easy snipes. Add in 1/2 and it’s a cakewalk.

Bloom effects nothing on the sniper rifle as it is, only except when you reload cancel ( X,Y,Y ).