How will weapon drop work?

So i was thinking about the weapon drop feature until something came in my mine, how will weapon drop work in maps with ceilings?

I think weapon drops will just spawn in place, they don’t need to actually drop like in Firefight or previous Halo games. It’s all based in a big virtual simulator after all, a great big lame virtual simulator.

> I think weapon drops will just spawn in place, they don’t need to actually drop like in Firefight or previous Halo games. It’s all based in a big virtual simulator after all, a great big lame virtual simulator.

So whats the point of weapon drop?

‘‘KILLING FRENZY’’ OH YES!! I finally got it!! Weapon pod drops on player:frowning: bye perfection. Honestly i hope they aren’t serious about DROPPING the weapons down.

> ‘‘KILLING FRENZY’’ OH YES!! I finally got it!! Weapon pod drops on player:frowning: bye perfection. Honestly i hope they aren’t serious about DROPPING the weapons down.

That wouldn’t happen alot, and if things like that happen, wouldnt it be good for fails of the weak?

> > ‘‘KILLING FRENZY’’ OH YES!! I finally got it!! Weapon pod drops on player:frowning: bye perfection. Honestly i hope they aren’t serious about DROPPING the weapons down.
>
> That wouldn’t happen alot, and if things like that happen, wouldnt it be good for fails of the weak?

I don’t think people would want a drop pod on their face, just to get a fail of the week xD

> > > ‘‘KILLING FRENZY’’ OH YES!! I finally got it!! Weapon pod drops on player:frowning: bye perfection. Honestly i hope they aren’t serious about DROPPING the weapons down.
> >
> > That wouldn’t happen alot, and if things like that happen, wouldnt it be good for fails of the weak?
>
> I don’t think people would want a drop pod on their face, just to get a fail of the week xD

Who doesnt want internet notoriety? besides its just a fail that wont happen in like 98% of the time.

Im curious how it will work myself. I as cool as it would be to dropvfrom the sky, it would suck getting crushed lol

> > > > ‘‘KILLING FRENZY’’ OH YES!! I finally got it!! Weapon pod drops on player:frowning: bye perfection. Honestly i hope they aren’t serious about DROPPING the weapons down.
> > >
> > > That wouldn’t happen alot, and if things like that happen, wouldnt it be good for fails of the weak?
> >
> > I don’t think people would want a drop pod on their face, just to get a fail of the week xD
>
> Who doesnt want internet notoriety?

Anyone who doesn’t play games 24/7. Atleast that is how i see it.

What about when rockets and sniper “fall” on their half of the map? If it’s totally random, it can and will happen, and that kind of luck is something I’m not looking forward to.

> What about when rockets and sniper “fall” on their half of the map? If it’s totally random, it can and will happen, and that kind of luck is something I’m not looking forward to.

It’s not 100% random.

Im thinking this is going to be a defining feature for halo. One that will turn out to be very fun.

You’re fighting, AI announces weapon drop in 90 seconds and marks it on your HUD. Now it’s time to fight for control over the area where the weapon will drop.

I truly believe this is going to be a great feature, here is to hoping

> > What about when rockets and sniper “fall” on their half of the map? If it’s totally random, it can and will happen, and that kind of luck is something I’m not looking forward to.
>
> It’s not 100% random.

Right, I saw Frankie’s post saying that there will be some predictability to the spawns leading me to believe that they will have weapon spawns set up like KOTH hills. And since hills are generally placed as mine, yours, and ours, it would stand to reason that the weapons will have mine, yours, and ours as well. If all of your spots get chosen for weapons this spawn cycle around, I’ll be pissed at the unfortunate luck and subsequently heavily armed opponents I now have to face.

> Im thinking this is going to be a defining feature for halo. One that will turn out to be very fun.
>
> You’re fighting, AI announces weapon drop in 90 seconds and marks it on your HUD. Now it’s time to fight for control over the area where the weapon will drop.
>
> I truly believe this is going to be a great feature, here is to hoping

a new halo experience? that i like :slight_smile:

> > Im thinking this is going to be a defining feature for halo. One that will turn out to be very fun.
> >
> > You’re fighting, AI announces weapon drop in 90 seconds and marks it on your HUD. Now it’s time to fight for control over the area where the weapon will drop.
> >
> > I truly believe this is going to be a great feature, here is to hoping
>
> a new halo experience? that i like :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

> So i was thinking about the weapon drop feature until something came in my mine, how will weapon drop work in maps with ceilings?

I think that the random weapon spawns will be systematic meaning that we will know were they spawn, like some sort of notice will pop up on our heads up display directing us towards the weapons spawn with a waypoint arrow, followed by an A.I voice notifying the incoming drop. It will stop specific camping, but wont leave players blind, that sense of strategy will still be there, it will just be reformed into a new style of map control gaming. That’s what I think will happen anyway. 343 aren’t stupid, they’ll make it work. If i’m not a game designer and I can come up with that, then your hopes should be high for the new weapon spawning system.

> > So i was thinking about the weapon drop feature until something came in my mine, how will weapon drop work in maps with ceilings?
>
> I think that the random weapon spawns will be systematic meaning that we will know were they spawn, like some sort of notice will pop up on our heads up display directing us towards the weapons spawn with a waypoint arrow, followed by an A.I voice notifying the incoming drop. It will stop specific camping, but wont leave players blind, that sense of strategy will still be there, it will just be reformed into a new style of map control gaming. That’s what I think will happen anyway. 343 aren’t stupid, they’ll make it work. If i’m not a game designer and I can come up with that, then your hopes should be high for the new weapon spawning system.

Yeah. Im sure they’ll make it work. Its just the word “Random” that scares competitive players.