How will the elites looks like in Halo 6?

I wonder how the elites in Halo 6 will look, like those in Halo 5, or like those in Halo Wars 2?
What do you think?

Considering the ‘Storm’ faction of Covenant have been all but quashed on Sanghelios, and given the overwhelmingly positive reception to Blur’s rendition of the Elites in both H2A and HW2, one would conclude that the Elites in Halo 6 (any that do appear) will have the HW2 design…hopefully.

I really hope they look like the HW2 ones. Loved the design for everything in that game. So much better than H5 in my opinion.

If the brutes are coming back with the introduction of the Banished, the elites would go back to the more slender design they previously had that way players can easily distinguish them from brutes. At least… if I were the art director that’s how I would justify it.

I am maintaining hope that there might be a return to a more classic appearance for them given the way HW2 has already taken a step back in that direction… we’ll see.

(If they could overcome memory limitations, I also wouldn’t have a problem with both the old and new styles co-existing in the same game.)

> 2533274961806222;5:
> I am maintaining hope that there might be a return to a more classic appearance for them given the way HW2 has already taken a step back in that direction… we’ll see.
>
> (If they could overcome memory limitations, I also wouldn’t have a problem with both the old and new styles co-existing in the same game.)

I wouldn’t mind that either and it’d probably help with a smoother transition instead of straight up removing them right away

> 2533274888034788;4:
> If the brutes are coming back with the introduction of the Banished, the elites would go back to the more slender design they previously had that way players can easily distinguish them from brutes. At least… if I were the art director that’s how I would justify it.

Or just make the Jiralhanae larger.

I’m hoping that they’ll have both designs.

I’m hoping for a mix of the HW2 and the Halo 5 renditions.

> 2535437652903765;8:
> I’m hoping that they’ll have both designs.

But they will look extrange.

> 2535407463625298;10:
> > 2535437652903765;8:
> > I’m hoping that they’ll have both designs.
>
> But they will look extrange.

I don’t mean both as in a bizarre looking blending of the two, I meant it as both with the two phenotypes appearing in the same game.

I really liked the 343i Elite design, but I didn’t like how it was a total replacement of all Elites. If a single Elite or a group of them looked like the 343i Elites I’d have been totally happy.

Both.

> 2535437652903765;11:
> > 2535407463625298;10:
> > > 2535437652903765;8:
> > > I’m hoping that they’ll have both designs.
> >
> > But they will look extrange.
>
> I don’t mean both as in a bizarre looking blending of the two, I meant it as both with the two phenotypes appearing in the same game.

yes, for that :frowning:

> 2533274849069111;12:
> I really liked the 343i Elite design, but I didn’t like how it was a total replacement of all Elites. If a single Elite or a group of them looked like the 343i Elites I’d have been totally happy.

yes, me too.

I’m mostly just annoyed at the explanation of ‘phenotype’ to justify what was essentially an artistic change. I try not to hate 343’s art style changes, but I really just don’t like the new brutish Elites.

I’m hoping that H6 uses the classic style of elites (H2A,HW2,etc.) as the overwhelming majority of Sangheili in H6. I wouldn’t mind maybe making one or two specific Sangheili the ‘new phenotype’ but I really just prefer the old ones.

> 2533274881560701;16:
> I’m mostly just annoyed at the explanation of ‘phenotype’ to justify what was essentially an artistic change. I try not to hate 343’s art style changes, but I really just don’t like the new brutish Elites.
>
> I’m hoping that H6 uses the classic style of elites (H2A,HW2,etc.) as the overwhelming majority of Sangheili in H6. I wouldn’t mind maybe making one or two specific Sangheili the ‘new phenotype’ but I really just prefer the old ones.

343’s ‘lore’ justifications for the art-style changes in the wake of its controversial reception are completely undone the moment you watch the intro cinematic for Halo 4.
Spartan IIs during the Covenant war on (what appears to be the Arcadia evacuation?) wearing Gen 2 armor, eugh. Then there’s 343’s Elites fighting them, but…using Plasma Rifles, which aren’t in Halo 4 or 5? What made them worth keeping the same but not the armor or Elites? Where is the consistency?

Then there’s the H2A Terminals, where Jai-006 from Gray Team is represented with the Gen 2 Recruit armor during his encounter with Thel Vadamee, so they’re still doing it. I just hope with HW2 they’ve found a style they can actually keep to, and if they are going to have ‘phenotypes’ of Elites, I’d rather they have our good ol’ H2A elites for the lowest and highest ranks, and then the more monstrous and muscular Halo Reach/CEA elites for Zealots (if there are any) Ultras and Generals.
Also I would like to see the Reach Elite armors return, since if playable Elites come back without the Field Marshall variant I’m gonna be at a loss as to what to wear.

wort wort derp … sorry.

Hopefully they know which design people overwhelmingly want. H2A/HW2/Blur.

As for the Forerunner architecture (even if no one brought it up), I know a lot of people prefer the old stuff, but seriously, how many times in the original Halo games did the Forerunner architecture MAKE YOU DO THIS? (okay, besides the first time you step out and look at the Halo Ring itself in CE, but … I mean, come on, that’s the damn ring). Also, I know consistency is important, and it should have some uniformity to it, but did you ever consider this?

A mix of H2A and the modern 343 elites would be neat.

I hope that we go back to Halo Wars 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary versions. Or maybe even as a stalemate just have them go Reach.