How will pit work with sprint?

So im curious how will pit in the competitive scene like team throwdown settings how will it work with sprint? Idk if they built the map for sprint made it bigger for it or what but if it were halo 3s version that map would be to small.

It’s no smaller than Skyline or Simplex.

I was skeptical at first about how it could play with sprint… I think the combination of precision spawns, sprint, and instant respawn in infinity will make it unplayable.

Probably a very solid map for legendary slayer.

It will play just fine. Map is big enough for save spawn.
Gameplay will be faster and it will be harder to camp on towers, which is fine by me.

Don’t worry, sprint will work fine! It was Yoink not having sprint in Halo 3…things are much better now, Pitfall (the Pit) will be great this time around.

> Don’t worry, sprint will work fine! It was Yoink not having sprint in Halo 3…things are much better now, Pitfall (the Pit) will be great this time around.

Are things much better because decisions requires much less thoughts?
Are things much better because people can escape much easier?
Are things much better because it lowers the skill gap a lot?

Why is it better?

In my eyes The Pit is already a dead map.

Get ready for a lot of running around corners, and running between long hall and green hall.

I have played on remakes with Sprint and honestly it works OK but its a little to chaotic for my liking. I really doubt (or at least hope -___-) it would be included in an instant respawn gametype because its such a small map.

I’m more concerned about the Sprint/Jet-Pack combo running the show.
You should be able to get from tower to tower in no time.

On a scale of 1 to 1 sprint creates a different GP dynamic. I hope that the scaling has taken into account default movement speed and the sprint ability. It’s why all those Guardian remakes I saw at the start of the game don’t work - the scaling isn’t right when taking Sprint into account.

I’m still worried about how it will function with Halo 4’s gameplay in general, not just sprint. Maybe it will work great with LS settings (ARs), or maybe it was rescaled to accommodate for sprint.

The jetpack is a different story. It’s going to completely break the map.

Sprint will be fine The Pit was a big 4v4 map even though it seemed small. I’m more worried about Jetpack.

> Don’t worry, sprint will work fine! It was Yoink not having sprint in Halo 3…things are much better now, Pitfall (the Pit) will be great this time around.

That is opinion.

No Sprint in Halo 3 is amazing. Being able to make skill jumps on the pit to green room to grab camo for example is perfect.

Sprint will work the same on the pit as it does on all the maps in H4: Poorly

Sprint should be removed

> Don’t worry, sprint will work fine! <mark>It was Yoink not having sprint in Halo 3</mark>…things are much better now, Pitfall (the Pit) will be great this time around.

I thought you started with Reach?

You seem to have a difficult time understanding that people who have been around Halo longer than you, are likely to dislike features that change the feel of the game significantly.

don’t worry the map will just be unplayble like all others of this crapy game with srpint and instant spawn.
All players will camp where the sword spawn on h3 and at the 2 shotguns spawn too in order to pick up the rocket if it spawns.

The tower and the middle of the map with the camo would not be playble cause u die faster (and insanly to fast 4 an halo game where u suposed to be an evolved human with a sheild and not a simple soldier from the II WW that die in 2 seconds or less)
Also would enemies reach u to fast with sprint and instant spawn to be sure u can’t play this map as on halo 3.

Thank’s 343 :wink:

> don’t worry the map will just be unplayble like all others of this crapy game with srpint and instant spawn.
> All players will camp where the sword spawn on h3 and at the 2 shotguns spawn too in order to pick up the rocket if it spawns.
>
> The tower and the middle of the map with the camo would not be playble cause u die faster (and insanly to fast 4 an halo game where u suposed to be an evolved human with a sheild and not a simple soldier from the II WW that die in 2 seconds or less)
> Also would enemies reach u to fast with sprint and instant spawn to be sure u can’t play this map as on halo 3.
>
>
> Thank’s 343 :wink:

Good thing we have legendary slayer

Pit was already a fairly large map to begin with.

Ignoring the constant running away and other nuisances, the pacing of the map itself should be fine.

> Don’t worry, sprint will work fine! It was Yoink not having sprint in Halo 3…

NS in H3 was great, same with Reach.

I don’t see what the problem is. If all the noobs sprint around that only means you can get the first shot on them.