How will history see Dr. Halsey

As we know Catherine Halsey was free to give a eulogy for Noble Six(Spartan -B312) on July 7th 2558.That implies that she was free to roam freely. So are the generation to come will they view her as a monster or saintly after all is said and done.

> 2533274794503059;1:
> As we know Catherine Halsey was free to give a eulogy for Noble Six(Spartan -B312) on July 7th 2558.That implies that she was free to roam freely. So are the generation to come will they view her as a monster or saintly after all is said and done.

It’s in 2589, actually. Who knows, Halo canon is funky sometimes. Bungies Halo implied that Earth was the absolute last human colony, especially when Lord Hood said “humanities last stand, here at earth”, and “every last man woman and child”. Now, there are apparently a -Yoink- load of colonies, including colonies such as Sedra, which were basically untouched.

A controversial figure but essential for promoting humanity’s survival throughout the Human-Covenant war, most likely. Without the Spartans humanity would have probably perished. I really hope they don’t continue to bash her by allowing authors such as Traviss to make inaccurate comparisons to her and Nazis like Megele and -Yoink!-. She is definitely a war criminal in some respects seeing as she initially abducted children to fight the Insurrection, illegally used flash clones and kidnapped Kelly. But her decisions were made for the benefit of humanity, not bigotry.

I hope that she’ll be critiqued for her actions but some of them will be recognized as necessary. She’s something of a morally grey figure, after all.

> 2533274882999606;2:
> > 2533274794503059;1:
> > As we know Catherine Halsey was free to give a eulogy for Noble Six(Spartan -B312) on July 7th 2558.That implies that she was free to roam freely. So are the generation to come will they view her as a monster or saintly after all is said and done.
>
>
> It’s in 2589, actually. Who knows, Halo canon is funky sometimes. Bungies Halo implied that Earth was the absolute last human colony, especially when Lord Hood said “humanities last stand, here at earth”, and “every last man woman and child”. Now, there are apparently a -Yoink- of colonies, including colonies such as Sedra, which were basically untouched.

I think that can be explained by saying that Lord Hood enjoys exaggerating and using hyperbolic language. Compare it with how he stated that “The fleet that destroyed Reach was fifty times this size!” prior to the Battle of Earth or how he states that the Rtas “glassed half a continent,” when he only destroyed Voi and its surrounding area to eradicate the Flood.

Naturally, he was just worried about the Covenant and Flood’s presence on Earth. Fear causes people to exaggerate any threat. Clearly Earth wasn’t humanity’s final colony. There was probably many outer and inner colonies the Covenant missed in their skirmish to find Earth. But I think he was afraid humanity would lose one of its most important strongholds and thought it would spell doom for any surviving colonies.

I don’t know if Bungie intended for there to be any surviving colonies. In the Halo 3 Bestiarum, it stated that humanity’s population had been reduced down to 200 million people. Clearly this can’t be the case now with the way 343 have handled the post-war fiction. I think they needed humanity to recover quickly so that they could become a more imposing force within the galaxy so that the Reclaimer Saga could occur. The explanation of there being surviving colonies untouched by the war makes sense in that light.

> 2533274929494620;3:
> A controversial figure but essential for promoting humanity’s survival throughout the Human-Covenant war, most likely. Without the Spartans humanity would have probably perished. I really hope they don’t continue to bash her by allowing authors such as Traviss to make inaccurate comparisons to her and Nazis like Megele and -Yoink!-. She is definitely a war criminal in some respects seeing as she initially abducted children to fight the Insurrection, illegally used flash clones and kidnapped Kelly. But her decisions were made for the benefit of humanity, not bigotry.
>
> I hope that she’ll be critiqued for her actions but some of them will be recognized as necessary. She’s something of a morally grey figure, after all.
>
>
> > 2533274882999606;2:
> > > 2533274794503059;1:
> > > As we know Catherine Halsey was free to give a eulogy for Noble Six(Spartan -B312) on July 7th 2558.That implies that she was free to roam freely. So are the generation to come will they view her as a monster or saintly after all is said and done.
> >
> >
> > It’s in 2589, actually. Who knows, Halo canon is funky sometimes. Bungies Halo implied that Earth was the absolute last human colony, especially when Lord Hood said “humanities last stand, here at earth”, and “every last man woman and child”. Now, there are apparently a -Yoink- of colonies, including colonies such as Sedra, which were basically untouched.
>
>
> I think that can be explained by saying that Lord Hood enjoys exaggerating and using hyperbolic language. Compare it with how he stated that “The fleet that destroyed Reach was fifty times this size!” prior to the Battle of Earth or how he states that the Rtas “glassed half a continent,” when he only destroyed Voi and its surrounding area to eradicate the Flood.
>
> Naturally, he was just worried about the Covenant and Flood’s presence on Earth. Fear causes people to exaggerate any threat. Clearly Earth wasn’t humanity’s final colony. There was probably many outer and inner colonies the Covenant missed in their skirmish to find Earth. But I think he was afraid humanity would lose one of its most important strongholds and thought it would spell doom for any surviving colonies.
>
> I don’t know if Bungie intended for there to be any surviving colonies. In the Halo 3 Bestiarum, it stated that humanity’s population had been reduced down to 200 million people. Clearly this can’t be the case now with the way 343 have handled the post-war fiction. I think they needed humanity to recover quickly so that they could become a more imposing force within the galaxy so that the Reclaimer Saga could occur. The explanation of there being surviving colonies untouched by the war makes sense in that light.

Well, there only were 15 ships that attacked Earth (13 CCS, and two CAS), so it’s really not an exaggeration to say that the fleet that destroyed Reach was 50 times that size). I mean, the Long Night of Solace alone was like 19 miles long and carried like 8 corvettes." Bungie’s vision for Halo never included the thought of perfectly untouched colonies. Earth really was supposed to be the last colony, but now there are plenty of them. Also, how do you know that the Covenant only glassed Voi? The writers clearly intended the story to really involve half of Africa being glassed.

> 2533274882999606;4:
> > 2533274929494620;3:
> > A controversial figure but essential for promoting humanity’s survival throughout the Human-Covenant war, most likely. Without the Spartans humanity would have probably perished. I really hope they don’t continue to bash her by allowing authors such as Traviss to make inaccurate comparisons to her and Nazis like Megele and -Yoink!-. She is definitely a war criminal in some respects seeing as she initially abducted children to fight the Insurrection, illegally used flash clones and kidnapped Kelly. But her decisions were made for the benefit of humanity, not bigotry.
> >
> > I hope that she’ll be critiqued for her actions but some of them will be recognized as necessary. She’s something of a morally grey figure, after all.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274882999606;2:
> > > > 2533274794503059;1:
> > > > As we know Catherine Halsey was free to give a eulogy for Noble Six(Spartan -B312) on July 7th 2558.That implies that she was free to roam freely. So are the generation to come will they view her as a monster or saintly after all is said and done.
> > >
> > >
> > > It’s in 2589, actually. Who knows, Halo canon is funky sometimes. Bungies Halo implied that Earth was the absolute last human colony, especially when Lord Hood said “humanities last stand, here at earth”, and “every last man woman and child”. Now, there are apparently a -Yoink- of colonies, including colonies such as Sedra, which were basically untouched.
> >
> >
> > I think that can be explained by saying that Lord Hood enjoys exaggerating and using hyperbolic language. Compare it with how he stated that “The fleet that destroyed Reach was fifty times this size!” prior to the Battle of Earth or how he states that the Rtas “glassed half a continent,” when he only destroyed Voi and its surrounding area to eradicate the Flood.
> >
> > Naturally, he was just worried about the Covenant and Flood’s presence on Earth. Fear causes people to exaggerate any threat. Clearly Earth wasn’t humanity’s final colony. There was probably many outer and inner colonies the Covenant missed in their skirmish to find Earth. But I think he was afraid humanity would lose one of its most important strongholds and thought it would spell doom for any surviving colonies.
> >
> > I don’t know if Bungie intended for there to be any surviving colonies. In the Halo 3 Bestiarum, it stated that humanity’s population had been reduced down to 200 million people. Clearly this can’t be the case now with the way 343 have handled the post-war fiction. I think they needed humanity to recover quickly so that they could become a more imposing force within the galaxy so that the Reclaimer Saga could occur. The explanation of there being surviving colonies untouched by the war makes sense in that light.
>
>
> Well, there only were 15 ships that attacked Earth (13 CCS, and two CAS), so it’s really not an exaggeration to say that the fleet that destroyed Reach was 50 times that size). I mean, the Long Night of Solace alone was like 19 miles long and carried like 8 corvettes." Bungie’s vision for Halo never included the thought of perfectly untouched colonies. Earth really was supposed to be the last colony, but now there are plenty of them. Also, how do you know that the Covenant only glassed Voi? The writers clearly intended the story to really involve half of Africa being glassed.

If the amount of Covenant ships present at the battle of Reach had really been ‘fifty’ times the size of the Fleet of Sacred Consecration (Regret’s Fleet), there would have been around 750 ships at the battle of Reach, not 300 as mentioned in The Fall of Reach.

Also, we can assume Lord Hood exaggerated about Earth’s glassing because Mount Kilimanjaro and its surrounding landscape is intact during Halo 3’s epilogue itself. If half of Africa was really glassed, we would have seen far more damage during the Voi Memorial scene. Practically everything in Kenya would have been reduced to glasslands since that was the immediate area of the Flood’s infection.

It’s pretty must established among fans that Lord Hood likes to exaggerate things. He has to be to explain the lack of attention Bungie paid towards details within the EU and to reflect recent changes made to the Halo universe.

> 2533274929494620;5:
> > 2533274882999606;4:
> > > 2533274929494620;3:
> > > A controversial figure but essential for promoting humanity’s survival throughout the Human-Covenant war, most likely. Without the Spartans humanity would have probably perished. I really hope they don’t continue to bash her by allowing authors such as Traviss to make inaccurate comparisons to her and Nazis like Megele and -Yoink!-. She is definitely a war criminal in some respects seeing as she initially abducted children to fight the Insurrection, illegally used flash clones and kidnapped Kelly. But her decisions were made for the benefit of humanity, not bigotry.
> > >
> > > I hope that she’ll be critiqued for her actions but some of them will be recognized as necessary. She’s something of a morally grey figure, after all.
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274882999606;2:
> > > > > 2533274794503059;1:
> > > > > As we know Catherine Halsey was free to give a eulogy for Noble Six(Spartan -B312) on July 7th 2558.That implies that she was free to roam freely. So are the generation to come will they view her as a monster or saintly after all is said and done.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > It’s in 2589, actually. Who knows, Halo canon is funky sometimes. Bungies Halo implied that Earth was the absolute last human colony, especially when Lord Hood said “humanities last stand, here at earth”, and “every last man woman and child”. Now, there are apparently a -Yoink- of colonies, including colonies such as Sedra, which were basically untouched.
> > >
> > >
> > > I think that can be explained by saying that Lord Hood enjoys exaggerating and using hyperbolic language. Compare it with how he stated that “The fleet that destroyed Reach was fifty times this size!” prior to the Battle of Earth or how he states that the Rtas “glassed half a continent,” when he only destroyed Voi and its surrounding area to eradicate the Flood.
> > >
> > > Naturally, he was just worried about the Covenant and Flood’s presence on Earth. Fear causes people to exaggerate any threat. Clearly Earth wasn’t humanity’s final colony. There was probably many outer and inner colonies the Covenant missed in their skirmish to find Earth. But I think he was afraid humanity would lose one of its most important strongholds and thought it would spell doom for any surviving colonies.
> > >
> > > I don’t know if Bungie intended for there to be any surviving colonies. In the Halo 3 Bestiarum, it stated that humanity’s population had been reduced down to 200 million people. Clearly this can’t be the case now with the way 343 have handled the post-war fiction. I think they needed humanity to recover quickly so that they could become a more imposing force within the galaxy so that the Reclaimer Saga could occur. The explanation of there being surviving colonies untouched by the war makes sense in that light.
> >
> >
> > Well, there only were 15 ships that attacked Earth (13 CCS, and two CAS), so it’s really not an exaggeration to say that the fleet that destroyed Reach was 50 times that size). I mean, the Long Night of Solace alone was like 19 miles long and carried like 8 corvettes." Bungie’s vision for Halo never included the thought of perfectly untouched colonies. Earth really was supposed to be the last colony, but now there are plenty of them. Also, how do you know that the Covenant only glassed Voi? The writers clearly intended the story to really involve half of Africa being glassed.
>
>
> If the amount of Covenant ships present at the battle of Reach had really been ‘fifty’ times the size of the Fleet of Sacred Consecration (Regret’s Fleet), there would have been around 750 ships at the battle of Reach, not 300 as mentioned in The Fall of Reach.
>
> Also, we can assume Lored Hood exaggerated about Earth’s glassing because Mount Kilimanjaro and its surrounding landscape is intact during Halo 3’s epilogue. If half of Africa was really glassed, we would have seen far more damage during the Voi Memorial scene. Practically everything in Kenya would have been reduced to glasslands since that was the immediate area of the Flood’s infection.
>
> It’s pretty must established among fans that Lord Hood likes to exaggerate things. He has to be to explain the lack of attention Bungie paid towards details within the EU and to reflect recent changes made to the Halo universe.

Remember kids, Eric Nylund overrides Joe Staten (the head writer). There are all sorts of inconsistencies from book to book. As for you saying “Lord hood likes to exaggerate” He’s a fictional character. Apparently, different writers -Yoinked!- up, environment designers had no regard of portraying the glassing of Africa, or something,. IDK.

> 2533274882999606;6:
> > 2533274929494620;5:
> > > 2533274882999606;4:
> > > > 2533274929494620;3:
> > > > A controversial figure but essential for promoting humanity’s survival throughout the Human-Covenant war, most likely. Without the Spartans humanity would have probably perished. I really hope they don’t continue to bash her by allowing authors such as Traviss to make inaccurate comparisons to her and Nazis like Megele and -Yoink!-. She is definitely a war criminal in some respects seeing as she initially abducted children to fight the Insurrection, illegally used flash clones and kidnapped Kelly. But her decisions were made for the benefit of humanity, not bigotry.
> > > >
> > > > I hope that she’ll be critiqued for her actions but some of them will be recognized as necessary. She’s something of a morally grey figure, after all.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2533274882999606;2:
> > > > > > 2533274794503059;1:
> > > > > > As we know Catherine Halsey was free to give a eulogy for Noble Six(Spartan -B312) on July 7th 2558.That implies that she was free to roam freely. So are the generation to come will they view her as a monster or saintly after all is said and done.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > It’s in 2589, actually. Who knows, Halo canon is funky sometimes. Bungies Halo implied that Earth was the absolute last human colony, especially when Lord Hood said “humanities last stand, here at earth”, and “every last man woman and child”. Now, there are apparently a -Yoink- of colonies, including colonies such as Sedra, which were basically untouched.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I think that can be explained by saying that Lord Hood enjoys exaggerating and using hyperbolic language. Compare it with how he stated that “The fleet that destroyed Reach was fifty times this size!” prior to the Battle of Earth or how he states that the Rtas “glassed half a continent,” when he only destroyed Voi and its surrounding area to eradicate the Flood.
> > > >
> > > > Naturally, he was just worried about the Covenant and Flood’s presence on Earth. Fear causes people to exaggerate any threat. Clearly Earth wasn’t humanity’s final colony. There was probably many outer and inner colonies the Covenant missed in their skirmish to find Earth. But I think he was afraid humanity would lose one of its most important strongholds and thought it would spell doom for any surviving colonies.
> > > >
> > > > I don’t know if Bungie intended for there to be any surviving colonies. In the Halo 3 Bestiarum, it stated that humanity’s population had been reduced down to 200 million people. Clearly this can’t be the case now with the way 343 have handled the post-war fiction. I think they needed humanity to recover quickly so that they could become a more imposing force within the galaxy so that the Reclaimer Saga could occur. The explanation of there being surviving colonies untouched by the war makes sense in that light.
> > >
> > >
> > > Well, there only were 15 ships that attacked Earth (13 CCS, and two CAS), so it’s really not an exaggeration to say that the fleet that destroyed Reach was 50 times that size). I mean, the Long Night of Solace alone was like 19 miles long and carried like 8 corvettes." Bungie’s vision for Halo never included the thought of perfectly untouched colonies. Earth really was supposed to be the last colony, but now there are plenty of them. Also, how do you know that the Covenant only glassed Voi? The writers clearly intended the story to really involve half of Africa being glassed.
> >
> >
> > If the amount of Covenant ships present at the battle of Reach had really been ‘fifty’ times the size of the Fleet of Sacred Consecration (Regret’s Fleet), there would have been around 750 ships at the battle of Reach, not 300 as mentioned in The Fall of Reach.
> >
> > Also, we can assume Lored Hood exaggerated about Earth’s glassing because Mount Kilimanjaro and its surrounding landscape is intact during Halo 3’s epilogue. If half of Africa was really glassed, we would have seen far more damage during the Voi Memorial scene. Practically everything in Kenya would have been reduced to glasslands since that was the immediate area of the Flood’s infection.
> >
> > It’s pretty must established among fans that Lord Hood likes to exaggerate things. He has to be to explain the lack of attention Bungie paid towards details within the EU and to reflect recent changes made to the Halo universe.
>
>
> Remember kids, Eric Nylund overrides Joe Staten (the head writer). There are all sorts of inconsistencies from book to book. As for you saying “Lord hood likes to exaggerate” He’s a fictional character. Apparently, different writers -Yoinked!- up, environment designers had no regard of portraying the glassing of Africa, or something,. IDK.

That was how things were handled with Bungie, yes. But 343 values all canon equally and tries to make it as compatible as possible. Games no longer completely override the fiction in the books. So statements like that don’t fly here anymore. A contradiction is a contradiction.

Also, I am very aware that Hood is a fictional character (duh). But we have to assume he’s exaggerating to explain for Bungie’s confusing writing, poor representation of EU elements and to reflect recent changes made to the Halo universe.

Characters weren’t acting like humanity was the last colony in halo 2, and Reach and Earth weren’t the only planets left at the time of the FoR.

It doesn’t make sense that the other colonies were glassed in the middle of the Great Schism.

Also, there’s no guarantee Halsey’s eulogy was not just a narrative device. Same as how the Didact was not sitting in infinity at the end of halo 4.

It depends what is going to be revealed, by whom, how and when.
In one of Halo Reach Limited Edition letters a Beta-5 Division officer in 2610 says old guard would still kill for the secrets contained in Halsey’s Journal. So we aren’t even sure that the public will know the facts after an entire century has passed…
So the generation to come still won’t know everything.

> 2533274929494620;7:
> > 2533274882999606;6:
> > > 2533274929494620;5:
> > > > 2533274882999606;4:
> > > > > 2533274929494620;3:
> > > > > A controversial figure but essential for promoting humanity’s survival throughout the Human-Covenant war, most likely. Without the Spartans humanity would have probably perished. I really hope they don’t continue to bash her by allowing authors such as Traviss to make inaccurate comparisons to her and Nazis like Megele and -Yoink!-. She is definitely a war criminal in some respects seeing as she initially abducted children to fight the Insurrection, illegally used flash clones and kidnapped Kelly. But her decisions were made for the benefit of humanity, not bigotry.
> > > > >
> > > > > I hope that she’ll be critiqued for her actions but some of them will be recognized as necessary. She’s something of a morally grey figure, after all.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > 2533274882999606;2:
> > > > > > > 2533274794503059;1:
> > > > > > > As we know Catherine Halsey was free to give a eulogy for Noble Six(Spartan -B312) on July 7th 2558.That implies that she was free to roam freely. So are the generation to come will they view her as a monster or saintly after all is said and done.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > It’s in 2589, actually. Who knows, Halo canon is funky sometimes. Bungies Halo implied that Earth was the absolute last human colony, especially when Lord Hood said “humanities last stand, here at earth”, and “every last man woman and child”. Now, there are apparently a -Yoink- of colonies, including colonies such as Sedra, which were basically untouched.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > I think that can be explained by saying that Lord Hood enjoys exaggerating and using hyperbolic language. Compare it with how he stated that “The fleet that destroyed Reach was fifty times this size!” prior to the Battle of Earth or how he states that the Rtas “glassed half a continent,” when he only destroyed Voi and its surrounding area to eradicate the Flood.
> > > > >
> > > > > Naturally, he was just worried about the Covenant and Flood’s presence on Earth. Fear causes people to exaggerate any threat. Clearly Earth wasn’t humanity’s final colony. There was probably many outer and inner colonies the Covenant missed in their skirmish to find Earth. But I think he was afraid humanity would lose one of its most important strongholds and thought it would spell doom for any surviving colonies.
> > > > >
> > > > > I don’t know if Bungie intended for there to be any surviving colonies. In the Halo 3 Bestiarum, it stated that humanity’s population had been reduced down to 200 million people. Clearly this can’t be the case now with the way 343 have handled the post-war fiction. I think they needed humanity to recover quickly so that they could become a more imposing force within the galaxy so that the Reclaimer Saga could occur. The explanation of there being surviving colonies untouched by the war makes sense in that light.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Well, there only were 15 ships that attacked Earth (13 CCS, and two CAS), so it’s really not an exaggeration to say that the fleet that destroyed Reach was 50 times that size). I mean, the Long Night of Solace alone was like 19 miles long and carried like 8 corvettes." Bungie’s vision for Halo never included the thought of perfectly untouched colonies. Earth really was supposed to be the last colony, but now there are plenty of them. Also, how do you know that the Covenant only glassed Voi? The writers clearly intended the story to really involve half of Africa being glassed.
> > >
> > >
> > > If the amount of Covenant ships present at the battle of Reach had really been ‘fifty’ times the size of the Fleet of Sacred Consecration (Regret’s Fleet), there would have been around 750 ships at the battle of Reach, not 300 as mentioned in The Fall of Reach.
> > >
> > > Also, we can assume Lored Hood exaggerated about Earth’s glassing because Mount Kilimanjaro and its surrounding landscape is intact during Halo 3’s epilogue. If half of Africa was really glassed, we would have seen far more damage during the Voi Memorial scene. Practically everything in Kenya would have been reduced to glasslands since that was the immediate area of the Flood’s infection.
> > >
> > > It’s pretty must established among fans that Lord Hood likes to exaggerate things. He has to be to explain the lack of attention Bungie paid towards details within the EU and to reflect recent changes made to the Halo universe.
> >
> >
> > Remember kids, Eric Nylund overrides Joe Staten (the head writer). There are all sorts of inconsistencies from book to book. As for you saying “Lord hood likes to exaggerate” He’s a fictional character. Apparently, different writers -Yoinked!- up, environment designers had no regard of portraying the glassing of Africa, or something,. IDK.
>
>
> That was how things were handled with Bungie, yes. But 343 values all canon equally and tries to make it as compatible as possible. Games no longer completely override the fiction in the books. So statements like that don’t fly here anymore. A contradiction is a contradiction.
>
> Also, I am very aware that Hood is a fictional character (duh). But we have to assume he’s exaggerating to explain for Bungie’s confusing writing, poor representation of EU elements and to reflect recent changes made to the Halo universe.

Maybe Joe just didn’t have any regard of what the Fall of Reach said, or something. IDK, there are even more continuity errors, such as Brutes making the choppers, then another book said that a huragok built choppers out of random pieces in a ship. I still get bugged by just how many colonies 343 colonies that were untouched by the war. I honestly believe that Bungie did intend for Earth to be the final colony. “Humanities last stand here at Earth” seems like who ever wrote that did not think that another studio would say that there were other colonies afterall. At that particular moment, the intention was clear, no hyperbole. Good ol fashioned retcon to keep Halo going. I’m all for Halo going, but fack there are so many colonies that were untouched in 343’s vision for Halo.

Bungie’s vision of halo is not consistent with itself though. Why is Hood freaking out about Earth being the last planet in h3, whereas he seemed pretty calm about everything h2. It’s terribly unlikely over a course of 28 days, in the middle of a civil war, the covenant wiped out the remains of the inner colonies.

Bungie’s intent was to hype up halo 3 as the end. Nothing more, nothing less.

> 2533274964189700;11:
> Bungie’s vision of halo is not consistent with itself though. Why is Hood freaking out about Earth being the last planet in h3, whereas he seemed pretty calm about everything h2. It’s terribly unlikely over a course of 28 days, in the middle of a civil war, the covenant wiped out the remains of the inner colonies.

Yeah, but to be fair the initial attack only consisted of 13 CCS-class battlecruisers, and 2 CAS heavy carriers against dozens of UNSC ships and plenty of Orbital Defense Macs. Later on, there were way more ships because of the discovery of the ark portal. Not to mention that freakin High Charity itself was flood infected and flew right over Africa. Of course, someone would be much more panicked at that point.

> 2533274882999606;12:
> > 2533274964189700;11:
> > Bungie’s vision of halo is not consistent with itself though. Why is Hood freaking out about Earth being the last planet in h3, whereas he seemed pretty calm about everything h2. It’s terribly unlikely over a course of 28 days, in the middle of a civil war, the covenant wiped out the remains of the inner colonies.
>
>
> Yeah, but to be fair the initial attack only consisted of 13 CCS-class battlecruisers, and 2 CAS heavy carriers against dozens of UNSC ships and plenty of Orbital Defense Macs. Later on, there were way more ships because of the discovery of the ark portal. Not to mention that freakin High Charity itself was flood infected and flew right over Africa. Of course, someone would be much more panicked at that point.

High Charity actually never entered Earth’s atmosphere. When it arrived in the Sol System, it actually travelled to the Ark from Mars via Precursor Neural Physics. It’s all detailed here. Unless of course you actually meant the Indulgence of Conviction?

> 2533274882999606;12:
> > 2533274964189700;11:
> > Bungie’s vision of halo is not consistent with itself though. Why is Hood freaking out about Earth being the last planet in h3, whereas he seemed pretty calm about everything h2. It’s terribly unlikely over a course of 28 days, in the middle of a civil war, the covenant wiped out the remains of the inner colonies.
>
>
> Yeah, but to be fair the initial attack only consisted of 13 CCS-class battlecruisers, and 2 CAS heavy carriers against dozens of UNSC ships and plenty of Orbital Defense Macs. Later on, there were way more ships because of the discovery of the ark portal. Not to mention that freakin High Charity itself was flood infected and flew right over Africa. Of course, someone would be much more panicked at that point.

If earth was the only planet left, after 30 years of fighting, people would be getting the hell out and panicking. 15 ships can easily contact and call more, which is pretty much what happened. To think Earth would stand where Reach and every other inner colony had swiftly fallen in the 28 days between h1 and h2 is an extremely moronic tactical move.

Also, High Charity never went to Africa. It’s several times larger than the ark portal

> 2533274929494620;13:
> > 2533274882999606;12:
> > > 2533274964189700;11:
> > > Bungie’s vision of halo is not consistent with itself though. Why is Hood freaking out about Earth being the last planet in h3, whereas he seemed pretty calm about everything h2. It’s terribly unlikely over a course of 28 days, in the middle of a civil war, the covenant wiped out the remains of the inner colonies.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, but to be fair the initial attack only consisted of 13 CCS-class battlecruisers, and 2 CAS heavy carriers against dozens of UNSC ships and plenty of Orbital Defense Macs. Later on, there were way more ships because of the discovery of the ark portal. Not to mention that freakin High Charity itself was flood infected and flew right over Africa. Of course, someone would be much more panicked at that point.
>
>
> High Charity actually never entered Earth’s atmosphere. When it arrived in the Sol System, it actually travelled to the Ark from Mars by connecting to Portal at Voi via Precursor Neural Physics. It’s all detailed here. Unless of course you actually meant the Indulgence of Conviction?

#1 Visually it sure as Hell looked like it, so it wasn’t a far-fetched statement. #2 343 can do whatever they want and just say “oh, it didn’t enter the atmosphere” Either way, a giant city/colony the size of a an average U.S state flew considerably close to Earth, and flood spores technically should have been able to reach Earth. Afterall, flood spores literally can just drift through space and land on a planet.

> 2533274964189700;14:
> > 2533274882999606;12:
> > > Bungie’s vision of halo is not consistent with itself though. Why is Hood freaking out about Earth being the last planet in h3, whereas he seemed pretty calm about everything h2. It’s terribly unlikely over a course of 28 days, in the middle of a civil war, the covenant wiped out the remains of the inner colonies.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, but to be fair the initial attack only consisted of 13 CCS-class battlecruisers, and 2 CAS heavy carriers against dozens of UNSC ships and plenty of Orbital Defense Macs. Later on, there were way more ships because of the discovery of the ark portal. Not to mention that freakin High Charity itself was flood infected and flew right over Africa. Of course, someone would be much more panicked at that point.
>
>
> If earth was the only planet left, after 30 years of fighting, people would be getting the hell out and panicking. 15 ships can easily contact and call more, which is pretty much what happened. To think Earth would stand where Reach and every other inner colony had swiftly fallen in the 28 days between h1 and h2 is an extremely moronic tactical move.
>
> Also, High Charity never went to Africa. It’s several times larger than the ark portal

I didn’t say it entered the portal, read my last comment. I know more about ship sizes, planet sizes, etc than most people.

You never see High Charity in h3 until it arrives at the ark. Nor does the game ever state it actually used the portal. It arrives through a sphere yes, but thats how bungie shows every slipspace transit.

Link the cinematic.

> 2533274964189700;14:
> > 2533274882999606;12:
> >
> >
>
>
> If earth was the only planet left, after 30 years of fighting, people would be getting the hell out and panicking. 15 ships can easily contact and call more, which is pretty much what happened. To think Earth would stand where Reach and every other inner colony had swiftly fallen in the 28 days between h1 and h2 is an extremely moronic tactical move.
>
> Also, High Charity never went to Africa. It’s several times larger than the ark portal

The point is that, as far as Bungie was concerned, Earth was the final colony. They had no clue that the Covenant knew about Earth until it was too late. As for quantifying peoples panic, that’s just an oversight by the writers.

> 2533274882999606;15:
> > 2533274929494620;13:
> > > 2533274882999606;12:
> > > > 2533274964189700;11:
> > > > Bungie’s vision of halo is not consistent with itself though. Why is Hood freaking out about Earth being the last planet in h3, whereas he seemed pretty calm about everything h2. It’s terribly unlikely over a course of 28 days, in the middle of a civil war, the covenant wiped out the remains of the inner colonies.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yeah, but to be fair the initial attack only consisted of 13 CCS-class battlecruisers, and 2 CAS heavy carriers against dozens of UNSC ships and plenty of Orbital Defense Macs. Later on, there were way more ships because of the discovery of the ark portal. Not to mention that freakin High Charity itself was flood infected and flew right over Africa. Of course, someone would be much more panicked at that point.
> >
> >
> > High Charity actually never entered Earth’s atmosphere. When it arrived in the Sol System, it actually travelled to the Ark from Mars by connecting to Portal at Voi via Precursor Neural Physics. It’s all detailed here. Unless of course you actually meant the Indulgence of Conviction?
>
>
> #1 Visually it sure as Hell looked like it, so it wasn’t a far-fetched statement. #2 343 can do whatever they want and just say “oh, it didn’t enter the atmosphere” Either way, a giant city/colony the size of a an average U.S state flew considerably close to Earth, and flood spores technically should have been able to reach Earth. Afterall, flood spores literally can just drift through space and land on a planet.

High Charity flies over the Ark, not Africa. It wasn’t seen on, near, or from Earth at any point.

I assume she’ll be a very polarizing figure. Considering she’s giving a eulogy for fallen Spartans in 2589, she is likely regarded with high regard within the UEG and Inner Colonies at this time. In the Outer Colonies though, if information about her involvement in kidnapping kids from their worlds starts to circulate, they’ll probably hate her no matter what.