How Well do you think H5G will sell

Halo 4 sold nearly as well as reach both are at 9 million units world wide but still no halo game has past the 11 million record like Halo 3 did
so the way halo is being handled now i am thinking it will at least reach 10 million but 343i needs to advertise Halo 5 like crazy i want the ads like the Belive campaign showing up on my TV telling me the hype is real, i Really hope Halo 5 will do well

“Halo” is in the title so it’ll do good :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, I think it’ll sell very well, more than Halo 4. We’re at a very interesting part of the story, and the multiplayer has gotten closer to its roots while still innovating.

> 2533274876456769;2:
> “Halo” is in the title so it’ll do good :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Seriously though, I think it’ll sell very well, more than Halo 4. We’re at a very interesting part of the story, and the multiplayer has gotten closer to its roots while still innovating.

i just hope it will give the gaming industry a message this year and go back to following halo’s example

In my honest opinion, Halo 5 has the potential to be the most popular Halo game yet. With a new, in depth, unprecedented campaign that looks like it’s going to be amazing, dark, and sad, a return to arena multiplayer with modern tweaks to keep it fresh, and a new massive multiplayer mode, I think it has great potential.

However, Halo has dropped off of the radar for many people and if the game is going to do well, 343 and Microsoft need to advertise the crap out of the game to hype up Halo again to the public. The fact that they showed two Halo 5 trailers during the Walking Dead season finale shows that they don’t have a problem shelling out a lot of money for advertising.

I’m confident that 343 and Microsoft have big plans for advertising and hype a few weeks before launch. Hopefully. If not, then Halo 5 could sink Halo deeper into the ground. But I’m confident 343 knows this and will do everything they can to hype up the public.

1million within the first month, and 2million by the end of the year. 4million total???

> 2533274893633166;5:
> 1million within the first month, and 2million by the end of the year. 4million total???

Lol no way it’s 4 million. I doubt it will sell less than Halo 4.

I am thinking it will sell a few million in October alone and through the holiday will sell maybe 4-5 million easily. Maybe 6. And i think this will help move systems.

Im guessing a solid 6 million at launch and another 4 by christmas about 10 million total

Well above 5 million without trying… I think number of xbox ones is the only issue.

Reach and 4 were distributed late in the 360 lifespan. Larger install base. It’s still too early for the xbone to have those sales numbers IMHO. I’m thinking 7 million total sales is a good optimistic estimate.

> 2533274964465607;6:
> > 2533274893633166;5:
> > 1million within the first month, and 2million by the end of the year. 4million total???
>
>
> Lol no way it’s 4 million. I doubt it will sell less than Halo 4.

I have no doubt that this game will be wayyyyyy better than Halo 4, but the fact that many people were let down by halo 4 and halo MCC, I think that will hurt sales. Plus, There are around 80million Xbox 360 vs ~10million xbones, so I think I’m being generous.

I’m guessing nothing less than 250k within the first day, 1 million in the first week, and 3 million in the first month; All followed by a steady, but fluctuating player base after that. Wishful thinking, though.

The bad factor in the equation is that not many people have an Xbox one everybody went to Playstation or PC after the Xbox 360 era not to mention a bunch of idiots just hate Halo 5 beacuse they’re salty af due to halo 4’s Change from the formula now even though to me Halo 5 seems to be shaping up as the best Halo ever I don’t think it will surprass Halo 3 UNLESS 343 advertises the -Yoink- out of the game and gets everybody hyped up…

wait a minute they already did that with HuntTheTruth and those crazy live action trailers with intrigued people who are new to the franchise?!
oh well Lets hope it sells well if that happens we will have a huge population and therefore an Amazing varied community just like in the H3 days!

Many people will buy it. Many will also return it.

It wont reach Halo 3 sales… The community has been seriously divided since the introduction of sprint, the less-competitive nature of Halo 4, and the failure of MCC. I’m not saying it wont do well - they’ve created an intriguing story with Chief being a ‘traitor’ which will draw people, but the community is too split at the moment. Halo 3 was coming off of Halo 2; which was considered one of - if not the best in the series. They had a highly successful marketing campaign, and the game didnt disappoint.

Halo 5 is coming off of MCC and Halo 4… both games have been frowned upon by a lot, so Halo 5’s only thing is got going for it is the storyline and the Halo name.

I think it will sell 2 million during the first 24 hours of release, and 3.5 million total after 30 days. I am expecting life-time sales to be between 6 and 7 million. We have to remember that only about 13 million Xbox One consoles have been sold thus far, so expecting Halo 3 or Halo 4 sales numbers is simply unreasonable.