How weapon Balance should be in Halo

Hello fellow forum members I want to first state that while this is my first post I have been a halo fan since CE and have had extensive experience in halo gaming stand point.

Now for what I feel needs to be done to balance weapons out I will start by stating that before all else we need to see solid maps because I find most combat is broken by this a good example of a good map design is CE Blood Gulch on (of course it was better with CTF) Reason is it gave a good playground for all weapons not just Pistol if you were a CQC guy you had a Base that you can use to make gaps smaller. No in halo 4 we got maps with huge lanes that promote BR game play while give nothing for those guys who are CQC junkies or just new to the game.

Now after fixing this problem you need good weapon design I which would be very simple as to make CQC have quick kill times up close and suffer from inaccuracy at longer ranges. Then there should be long range weapons fill by DMR and LR which are weak but very accurate and have longer range scopes this alone should suffice at balancing the weapons if there weaker then the other options in terms in damage/time to kill. Then you have your BR and Carbine which should be a middle ground of both ok damage but lack the Range(lower optics) of the DMR but still better than an AR. TO insure they are all balanced match there kill times and accuracy to there counterparts for instance say CQC take 2 seconds to kill 2.5 to kill with BR and 3 with DMR. Lastly make sure some guns aren’t better in terms in easy of use like BR vs Carbine the BR is far better because of few shots need to be landed to kill while kill times are fairly on par its much harder to land 7 shot vs 4.

This I feel would solve some load out problems (beside AA’s which either be stamped out of existence or be made into equipment and Perks which were a terrible concept for this game in the first place) while giving a person a enjoyable play style BR’s slow hard hitting burst and the Fast pace single firing Carbine. Please feel free to express any thoughts and ideas.

I don’t think your example of Blood Gulch is a good example of a map that offered a wide variety of gun-play. Maybe Battle Creek, or Chill Out would be better examples…

I like how you’re trying to keep long range rifles balanced and I’m in support of that.

And I really like how much you’ve taken CQC into account, god knows we need more of that around here.

But what happens to automatics? You didn’t really seem to mention them aside from stating that the BR and Carbine should be better than the AR.

I hope you only mean that the BR and Carbine should be better than the AR at medium range and not overall. I’d hate to see Automatics go back to being an excuse to get rid of the Magnum that you spawned with and immediately ditched for a power weapon without a thought to whether it might be a better to keep it and lose your other weapon.

Overall though I like the way you’re thinking.

> I like how you’re trying to keep long range rifles balanced and I’m in support of that.
>
> And I really like how much you’ve taken CQC into account, god knows we need more of that around here.
>
> But what happens to automatics? You didn’t really seem to mention them aside from stating that the BR and Carbine should be better than the AR.
>
> I hope you only mean that the BR and Carbine should be better than the AR at medium range and not overall. I’d hate to see Automatics go back to being an excuse to get rid of the Magnum that you spawned with and immediately ditched for a power weapon without a thought to whether it might be a better to keep it and lose your other weapon.
>
> Overall though I like the way you’re thinking.

In his post he’s speaking strictly about Automatics when he brings up CQC.

This post isn’t designed to incorporate power weapons, just standard ones.

yes I meant mostly load out stuff so CQC would mean AR and there counter parts

> I don’t think your example of Blood Gulch is a good example of a map that offered a wide variety of gun-play. Maybe Battle Creek, or Chill Out would be better examples…

Yeah those are some better examples. What I should have said is while Blood Gulch is more longer range if its objective oriented it still gives AR’s somewhere where you can fight which would be the base. Also another thought is that some levels are indeed better balanced on some game types. I think if they do bring back BG or any objective type maps (Valhalla and others) that they should make the bases larger so that it supports more AR combat too.

> > I don’t think your example of Blood Gulch is a good example of a map that offered a wide variety of gun-play. Maybe Battle Creek, or Chill Out would be better examples…
>
> Yeah those are some better examples. What I should have said is while Blood Gulch is more longer range if its objective oriented it still gives AR’s somewhere where you can fight which would be the base. Also another thought is that some levels are indeed better balanced on some game types. I think if they do bring back BG or any objective type maps (Valhalla and others) that they should make the bases larger so that it supports more AR combat too.

So what’s your point? If two bases are good enough for CQC, Halo 4 has that covered extremely well in all of its maps. The most open map I can think of is Ragnarok, which is in itself a less-open Blood Gultch. The map design is fine by that logic.