How to stop people from Quitting in H5.

  1. If you quit a game, you cannot start searching again until the game you left has completed.

  2. If you quit more than 3 games within 24 hours, you get a 2 hour ban.

  3. If you quit, you automatically lose X amount of points/meter in your division (rank)

  4. If you stay in a game, you should be rewarded with extra EXP or another similar incentive.

  5. The above factors and consequences will be displayed to the player each time they click the “quit” button, and they will be asked again if they truly do want to exit the game considering the consequences.

  6. Each player will possess an in-game “reputation” rating (x/5 stars, etc.). Being the first to quit in a game will severely reduce reputation, with reduced punishment if you are not the first to quit. Staying in game after team mates have quit or upon losing will increase reputation. Reputations will be reset alongside division resets.

Punishments will be in full effect for the first person to quit on a team. The second/third quitters on a team will be punished less, and if all your team mates have quit and you are the only person left in the game, you will receive no penalty for quitting whatsoever.

I don’t have anything to add or discuss really, I think this idea is really solid.

Personally, I don’t believe in quit bans. There are much better ways at penalizing players rather than banning them from a game they payed for. Quit bans are in bad taste, and you can’t keep multiplayer populations high if you exclude people from the game, regardless of however short/long the ban is.

I think a combination of #3 and #6 would work the best. If someone quits, they should receive the maximum -exp penalty possible, while simultaneously earning a negative rep. How this system will work, idk, but it’s better than denying people online access.

Here’s an idea. In order to unlock certain cool types of armor, you must play 100, 200, or 300 games in a row w/o quitting.

positive reinforcement > negative punishment (when it comes to video games)

quit bans were never a good thing. they tried it in reach but it didnt work. and it only promoted afking. in halo 3 or halo reach to avoid quit ban risk or losing xp i just afked if the team was not playing the obj or just doing bad

Definitely need to do something.

> 2533274795515722;4:
> quit bans were never a good thing. they tried it in reach but it didnt work. and it only promoted afking. in halo 3 or halo reach to avoid quit ban risk or losing xp i just afked if the team was not playing the obj or just doing bad

Then you shouldn’t be playing online.

AFKing because “my team is doing bad” is an immature and infantile action which poisons the community and further angers your teammates.

As for the penalty for leaving early, it should be the maximum XP loss in addition to a portion of the lost XP your teammates would have received had they lost the game with a full team. The losing team (with the player who left) should not be penalized as harshly for sticking through the game until the end just because they were unfortunate enough to be stuck with a quitter.

> 2533274935834633;6:
> > 2533274795515722;4:
> > quit bans were never a good thing. they tried it in reach but it didnt work. and it only promoted afking. in halo 3 or halo reach to avoid quit ban risk or losing xp i just afked if the team was not playing the obj or just doing bad
>
>
> Then you shouldn’t be playing online.
>
> AFKing because “my team is doing bad” is an immature and infantile action which poisons the community and further angers your teammates.
>
> As for the penalty for leaving early, it should be the maximum XP loss in addition to a portion of the lost XP your teammates would have received had they lost the game with a full team. The losing team (with the player who left) should not be penalized as harshly for sticking through the game until the end just because they were unfortunate enough to be stuck with a quitter.

if a guy and his guest are feeding the enemy team the entire match, one person cannot carry the team when one of my kills=2 or 3 of their deaths because they keep rushing headon into death. or a team in CTF that just do not play the obj and play the game like slayer and basically let the enemy cap the flag or plant the bomb

> 2533274799961722;3:
> Personally, I don’t believe in quit bans. There are much better ways at penalizing players rather than banning them from a game they payed for. Quit bans are in bad taste, and you can’t keep multiplayer populations high if you exclude people from the game, regardless of however short/long the ban is.
>
> I think a combination of #3 and #6 would work the best. If someone quits, they should receive the maximum -exp penalty possible, while simultaneously earning a negative rep. How this system will work, idk, but it’s better than denying people online access.
>
> Here’s an idea. In order to unlock certain cool types of armor, you must play 100, 200, or 300 games in a row w/o quitting.
>
> positive reinforcement > negative punishment (when it comes to video games)

But a lot of people don’t care about their rank or online reputation. Those people would be unaffected by exp reductions and deranking.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> > 2533274799961722;3:
> > Personally, I don’t believe in quit bans. There are much better ways at penalizing players rather than banning them from a game they payed for. Quit bans are in bad taste, and you can’t keep multiplayer populations high if you exclude people from the game, regardless of however short/long the ban is.
> >
> > I think a combination of #3 and #6 would work the best. If someone quits, they should receive the maximum -exp penalty possible, while simultaneously earning a negative rep. How this system will work, idk, but it’s better than denying people online access.
> >
> > Here’s an idea. In order to unlock certain cool types of armor, you must play 100, 200, or 300 games in a row w/o quitting.
> >
> > positive reinforcement > negative punishment (when it comes to video games)
>
>
> But a lot of people don’t care about their rank or online reputation. Those people would be unaffected by exp reductions and deranking.

Yes, unfortunately a lot of people who game online are simply crappy people and nothing is going to stop them from being crappy teammates because the “gift” of anonymity.

The only real answer is this:

Get good at the game and raise your skill ranking high enough so that the majority of people you are playing with DO care about their ranking/reputation. In the scrub tiers…nothing is going to dissuade people from being crappy teammates.

> 2533274935834633;9:
> > 2533274803493024;8:
> > > 2533274799961722;3:
> > > Personally, I don’t believe in quit bans. There are much better ways at penalizing players rather than banning them from a game they payed for. Quit bans are in bad taste, and you can’t keep multiplayer populations high if you exclude people from the game, regardless of however short/long the ban is.
> > >
> > > I think a combination of #3 and #6 would work the best. If someone quits, they should receive the maximum -exp penalty possible, while simultaneously earning a negative rep. How this system will work, idk, but it’s better than denying people online access.
> > >
> > > Here’s an idea. In order to unlock certain cool types of armor, you must play 100, 200, or 300 games in a row w/o quitting.
> > >
> > > positive reinforcement > negative punishment (when it comes to video games)
> >
> >
> >
> > But a lot of people don’t care about their rank or online reputation. Those people would be unaffected by exp reductions and deranking.
>
>
> Yes, unfortunately a lot of people who game online are simply crappy people and nothing is going to stop them from being crappy teammates because the “gift” of anonymity.
>
> The only real answer is this:
>
> Get good at the game and raise your skill ranking high enough so that the majority of people you are playing with DO care about their ranking/reputation. In the scrub tiers…nothing is going to dissuade people from being crappy teammates.

Lets hope we get a really good Ranking and True Skill system then because I saw far to many people playing without thumbs!

> 2533274796442277;1:
> 1) If you quit a game, you cannot start searching again until the game you left has completed.
> 2) If you quit more than 3 games within 24 hours, you get a 2 hour ban.
> 3) If you quit, you automatically lose X amount of points/meter in your division (rank)
>
> 4) If you stay in a game, you should be rewarded with extra EXP or another similar incentive.
> 5) The above factors and consequences will be displayed to the player each time they click the “quit” button, and they will be asked again if they truly do want to exit the game considering the consequences.
>
> 6) Each player will possess an in-game “reputation” rating (x/5 stars, etc.). Being the first to quit in a game will severely reduce reputation, with reduced punishment if you are not the first to quit. Staying in game after team mates have quit or upon losing will increase reputation. Reputations will be reset alongside division resets.
>
> Punishments will be in full effect for the first person to quit on a team. The second/third quitters on a team will be punished less, and if all your team mates have quit and you are the only person left in the game, you will receive no penalty for quitting whatsoever.

#1 might cause people to go and do “spartan ops” or whatever the H5 version may be, and then come back after a few minutes.
#2 will most definitely cause people to stay in games. And team kill. Or afk. Or run up to the enemy and give them free kill after free kill just to get the match over with more quickly.
#3 might have some effect on some players, but there are plenty of others who just don’t care.
#4 has appeal as a non-punitive tactic, but I’ll refer you to my opinion on #3.
#5 is probably a mistake. It’s like saying “I dare you” to a kid who has no control over anything else in his life except maybe a video game. At best it will cause the same effects as #2.
#6 is, again, much like #3 and #5. You’re blatantly trying to control behavior and many people will react out of spite.

I wish I had an answer, but I really don’t know what would work. I just don’t think that much of this would. Team killing, game throwing, afk-ing until the cows come home. This is what you would get.