How to stop people from camping..

343 could make people who stay in one area (this would be easy by the title of the location you’re at under the radar in Halo: Reach, such as “Under the Bulkheads” in Boneyard. [If they do it in Halo 4.]) earn much less Spartan points. This would stop people from camping and bring people back to how Halo is meant to be played.

No, just no.

> No, just no.

Camper, I’m guessing? You people are just so reliant on it, aren’t you?

There will always be campers, no matter what FPS you play. I too hate those who love pitching tents, but it’s part of the game.

rarely even see much camping going on while playing, and even when you get people that do camp, they are usually always in the same spots around the map

> There will always be campers, no matter what FPS you play. I too hate those who love pitching tents, but it’s part of the game.

Which is why they should give them a lower bonus after every game.

I will camp if I want to.

So I should get rewarded less because I know how to acquire and maintain map control?

How about no.

> > There will always be campers, no matter what FPS you play. I too hate those who love pitching tents, but it’s part of the game.
>
> Which is why they should give them a lower bonus after every game.

That would be impractical. Especially those who play competitively. Most competitive teams that go in with a team of 4 want to gain map control. If you gain map control then usually each player would be designated to watch a certain area of the map. Your idea would discourage team map control and alter the competitive nature of the game, if the players care about losing credits/points.

> > There will always be campers, no matter what FPS you play. I too hate those who love pitching tents, but it’s part of the game.
>
> Which is why they should give them a lower bonus after every game.

So, you’re saying you should punish those who are defending the flag? Or sniping? Camping, tho very, very annoying at times, is generally easy to deal with. Forerunner vision is one feature that should limit campers. But another tool that’s great for dealing with campers, something that’s been in the game since day one, and that’s called the plasma grenade, chuck one down, and then another a few inches away from the first, closer to where you want it to go, and bam, it launches right into the camper’s face.
I’ve gotten so many kills that way.

Implying camping is a bad thing.

play better people. you never see highly skilled players camp. they are going for map control and positioning for good lines of sight. i havent dealt with camping since halo 2…

Camping is part of an game , you can´t deny one to NOT do it. How -Yoink!- would you feel if you would get less points just becouse you are hiding from a bigger team or rockets?

You Can´t take out camping no matter what.

M.

Custom loadouts and telegraphed weapon spawns pretty much eliminate chances of campers.

How to stop people camping? Easy. Stop allowing players to play “how they like” and add items to encourage movement and punish sitting still. Such items as map spawned powerups and weapons. However, 343 are doing the exact opposite, and camping has now become such an obnoxious problem in Halo 4, so it seems, that their “fix” is wall hacks.

Camping is a legitimate strategy and is part of the game, just like grenade spamming. They can’t take it out of the game, so the best rule is that if you don’t like it, don’t play.

They already fixed it by adding the ordnance drops (Which I’m hoping can roadkill and give the kill to the drop caller) which forces you to run out and fight.

Along with Promethean vision, which lets you see through walls. Or rather, see the camper.

But the flaws of your ways…

First of all, your way of fixing camping completely bashes and will most certainly stop a majority of the competitive players from playing. In Halo there is something called map control. Most of the time, it requires you to sit at a tactically advantageous spot. That is how you win.

Camping, is when you sit in a corner with a powerweapon or something and wait for someone to walk past you, so you can get an easy kill. Good players can easily stop them from doing that.

And plus, if one team is winning then the other team has to run out and gun for the win.

I have a feeling that you are just mad that you get killed by campers a lot.

I hate campers, yet, I don’t like this idea. There will always be campers. Adapt.

How to stop camping;

IF you get killed by a camper, tell your teammates where he’s camping and what weapons he has.

Problem solved. Use a headset, play with friends.

With regards to pitching tents… Sometimes when I wake up in the morning it’s like the circus just rolled into town. Anybody else have this problem?