How to stop infantry rushes

Been doing one vs ones ad keep getting marine rushed at around 4 to 5 mins. was wondering how to stop this. Tried turrets a couple times but they didnt do any damage(can’t really have to many turrets at 4 mins imo if you are trying to expand) and i tried anti snipers and hellbringers but even though i had like 3 snipers and 4 hellbfringers still a no go. any advice?

Well if you are running cutter you can bomb, but usually if you notice they are doing this, spam warthogs or jackrabbits (warthogs better). If you run covenant (or kisano), get your leader unit up, it will shred them. The shipmaster’s scout mine if placed on top can take out an entire army.

My guess is you got proxy based. I’m still having a bit of difficulty dealing with a proxy base. But every time it’s been due to sloppy scouting.

If you’re Banished, you can quickly tech to level two and pump out Marauders. Build a shield generator as well if you’re Atriox. Even three Marauders with Grunt support can hold them off.

If you’re Shipmaster you can do the same thing except without a shield. Drop scout mine in common pathways or right on top of the Marines if they’re shooting at something.

As Decimus you can do the same thing but make sure to use Siphon. It’ll really tip fight in your favor. Or you could counter it with Grunts/Brutes/Rangers, with Suicide Grunts if you so wish. Siphon works great with infantry.

I don’t have any UNSC advice though, sorry.

Ideally you want to scout the enemy around the two minute mark. If he already has a barracks, chances are he’s doing an all-in infantry rush. If he has only one generator, chances are he’s massing marines and will do an early timing push. If he has two generators, chances are he’s teching up and won’t have much infantry. Scout his mini-bases as well.

Generally if someone is going early infantry, you want to respond with early jackrabbits. They shut rushes down. Just watch out for nades. Once you have a handful of jackrabbits, try to catch any stray marines and avoid large groups of them. Usually if he sees jackrabbits he’ll pull back, but if he still pushes towards your base, you can either hit his base (build one turret at home) or defend if you feel confident enough. It’s usually best to hit his base because he won’t have any turrets. Maybe send 3-4 of your jackrabbits to defend at home and harass his marines while you wreck his base.

It sounds like you are being too slow, no offence. Early game is all about speed, send your first units to gather resources, build a supply pad, while it’s building, build more infantry, then another supply pad, more infantry, a generator, infantry until your base slots are full, pump out 7 or ax infantry and rape the map of it’s resources, this will give you enough moola to create a strong enough foothold to repel an early rush, turrets and snipers, even another base, plus all your infantry units to defend your base, but I heartily recommend just snipers over hellbringers

> 2533274799203903;1:
> Been doing one vs ones ad keep getting marine rushed at around 4 to 5 mins. was wondering how to stop this. Tried turrets a couple times but they didnt do any damage(can’t really have to many turrets at 4 mins imo if you are trying to expand) and i tried anti snipers and hellbringers but even though i had like 3 snipers and 4 hellbfringers still a no go. any advice?

After the last patch, there are a lot more options.

From the start of the match, regardless of what tech route you are going, you should always be producing base infantry units, otherwise you will lose map control. If you scout your enemy and find them devoting heavily to infantry, suicide grunts and hellbringers are now fantastic solution to literally burn away the enemy team.

In Halo Wars, the most important thing is to have a standing army. Turrets help, but you need to have units of your own to succeed. 2 turrets + 10 marines or grunts can hold off almost any rush at this point with proper micro.

Thanks guys. I usually throw up supply pad generator supply pad right away. is it better to wait to commit to those base slots or does it not matter in the long run.

Holding off early rushes isn’t too bad as long as you don’t panic. Remember that if he is rushing, he is putting his eco on hold and needs to damage to you in order for it to pay off. Use leader powers effectively combined with your units and you should be fine. What leader do you play? Overall just try to remember these tips:

1. Don’t engage in fights you are for sure going to lose just because hes attacking your base. Wait until you have units to fight with. Sending 2 grunts against 10 marines won’t help anything.
  2. Use your leader powers effectively. Don’t drop them randomly try to get him distracted by dealing with units and then use them.
  3. Do not build a base you can’t effectively defend. If you scout him having a mass of marines out and you don’t have much, don’t build a forward mini base or major base. The bases on the back or sides are ok.
  4. Scout obviously. This should be tip one.

> 2533274871557759;9:
> Holding off early rushes isn’t too bad as long as you don’t panic. Remember that if he is rushing, he is putting his eco on hold and needs to damage to you in order for it to pay off. Use leader powers effectively combined with your units and you should be fine. What leader do you play? Overall just try to remember these tips:
>
> 1. Don’t engage in fights you are for sure going to lose just because hes attacking your base. Wait until you have units to fight with. Sending 2 grunts against 10 marines won’t help anything.
> 2. Use your leader powers effectively. Don’t drop them randomly try to get him distracted by dealing with units and then use them.
> 3. Do not build a base you can’t effectively defend. If you scout him having a mass of marines out and you don’t have much, don’t build a forward mini base or major base. The bases on the back or sides are ok.
> 4. Scout obviously. This should be tip one.

i use forge primarily. I like the rolling economy.

I have always found if you pump out marines and snipers you should be ok. Remember, they are pushing you so you should always have the advantage. If you are losing the battle it is due to poor micro.

if you are playing as banished then all I can say is to smash out grunts and choppers/ghosts and take out the snipers first. Leader abilities are key. Heal, teleport and mines are your friend.

Scouting is key. You say you are trying to expand but if you scout and see they have 5+ marines groups out, you know what is going to happen. Pump out units and any counter units you can and you should stand a chance. It is OK to lose 1 or 2 units to see what they are building.

> 2533274799203903;10:
> > 2533274871557759;9:
> >
>
> i use forge primarily. I like the rolling economy.

To be honest I wouldn’t play Forge anymore if you want to be competitive. The rolling economy was really good but after the patch, it hardly does anything. His leader powers are weak early game and it can be hard to compete with Cutter’s infantry with his ODST’s. I mean what does Forge really have going for him anymore? I’d try cutter out.

make turrets and marines ur fine i dont know what turrets your talking about that dont do any dmg. Turrets are way too strong completely OP upgrade like 2 too anti infantry and thats plenty then expo after your good

What kind of infantry? Marines should be gone by using few snipers. If it is about min 5 then you should be able to get warthogs at that time

Play Kisano XD.
No but seriously though I had the same issue. Best offense in this case is a good defense…or, really, good scouting and proper turret use, plus a couple of Snipers in the back if you can get them. You gotta know its coming is the thing, so get a fast unit out to look around.