HOw to stop betrayers

This only works sometimes and you need an instant kill weapon.

1. Let’s say you pick up a sniper rifle and an idiot on your team is trying to kill you. Easiest thing to do is shoot him in the head, when I do that they usually stop trying to kill me.

2. This is an idea on how to get rid of betrayers. People on other threads have said to get rid of the betral, but then what stops people from plasma grenade on a friend and then he charges into a room of the enemy? Update it so that damage you do to a buddy damages you. I don’t even know if this is possible, but i’m tired of people killing me for my sniper rifle and not being able to boot them…

heh… that’s a pretty good idea and never thought of it that way, BUT people will still betray and that’s just the sad truth.

Its IMPOSSIBLE to stop people from betraying! That’s like saying “make Lol-Reach FUN, competitive, bring back 1-50 ranking system and make it more like a Halo game instead of COD!” this too is IMPOSSIBLE!

Or just make it better by improving halo 4’s system and dealing with reach true problems that TU broke more (TU = Fail, didnt fix what need to be fix and hurt what was “Alright”)

> heh… that’s a pretty good idea and never thought of it that way, BUT people will still betray and that’s just the sad truth.
>
> Its IMPOSSIBLE to stop people from betraying! That’s like saying “make Lol-Reach FUN, competitive, bring back 1-50 ranking system and make it more like a Halo game instead of COD!” this too is IMPOSSIBLE!

First I love reach, and i guess i didn’t make this clear but, lets say you shoot a teammate in the head with a sniper, you die, he/she takes no damage, so if you try to betray you kill yourself. :slight_smile:

So to stop betrayers, you betray them?
Wow, you’re really smart.

O MY GOSH IS IT RELY THAT ESY!!!

> So to stop betrayers, you betray them?
> Wow, you’re really smart.

I do this anytime somebody wants to pull that crap. I’d rather take a boot as to suffer though the game with an idiot.

> So to stop betrayers, you betray them?
> Wow, you’re really smart.

or…update the system, but that will never happen. If I’m getting killed for sword, missle, sniper, or shotgun, I either blow off the amo or blow off the guy’s head. I would think the update would work better though.

I try and avoid them for most of the rest of the game, but I have once or twice had to do something about it, when someone went WAY overboard.

I had a pair come after me because I got to the rockets faster than them in Uncaged. Right before I died, I popped off a rocket and got them both. Insta-boot for me, but I didn’t have to deal with them.

Another time we were already down one in Arena on Sword Base, and he decided that HE was the only one who was going to have the sword… Me and the other player got tired of him after the third time, so she and I spent the rest of the match tipping off his ambushes and knocking his shields down.

After that, it’s put them on the avoid list, and hope for the best.

People follow me and either kill me or just take my shields down for my sniper/rocket/sword etc.

And why can i boot someone when they throw a grenade into a melee and not when an idiot is folling me trying to kill me with his dmr?

> > So to stop betrayers, you betray them?
> > Wow, you’re really smart.
>
> I do this anytime somebody wants to pull that crap. I’d rather take a boot as to suffer though the game with an idiot.

For all who see this…It sounds like a good idea, BUT know this, if you quit to much or if you betray too much you can be banned for it.

It’s not a sin to be defensive, but you should exercise caution.

> > > So to stop betrayers, you betray them?
> > > Wow, you’re really smart.
> >
> > I do this anytime somebody wants to pull that crap. I’d rather take a boot as to suffer though the game with an idiot.
>
> For all who see this…It sounds like a good idea, BUT know this, if you quit to much or if you betray too much you can be banned for it.
>
> It’s not a sin to be defensive, but you should exercise caution.

Didn’t know that, thanks for telling me.

Just turn Friendly Fire off = Problem solved. Teammates cannot damage each other in anyway. Boom.

> Just turn Friendly Fire off = Problem solved. Teammates cannot damage each other in anyway. Boom.

I don’t think you can do that in matchmaking, but if you can, thanks a ton. I’ll check later.

> > Just turn Friendly Fire off = Problem solved. Teammates cannot damage each other in anyway. Boom.
>
> I don’t think you can do that in matchmaking, but if you can, thanks a ton. I’ll check later.

No we do not have that option, I’m saying 343i should do that for social games. (All but MLG/Arena/maybe Snipers/Swat)

Your “solution” doesn’t solve much. Instead of hitting you, the griefers can just jump on your nades or stand in front of you when you shoot. That will lead to yourself getting killed and the griefer won’t be hurted in the slightest.

Edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making discriminatory posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Just turn Friendly Fire off = Problem solved. Teammates cannot damage each other in anyway. Boom.

Turning the friendly fire off would lower the skill gap (you’re surrounded by 3 enemies? DON’T WORRY DUDE I GOT THIS! blow everything up with a rocket and your teammate is safe)
Also, it would lead to homosexual tactics such as “stick your friend and send him in yellow lift so he blows everyone up”.

Unless they run you over or attempt it. FF proves this. Friendly Fire is Off, but there have been times where I or a team mate is killed because of a vehicle splattering us.

> Your “solution” doesn’t solve much. Instead of hitting you, the griefers can just jump on your nades or stand in front of you when you shoot. That will lead to yourself getting killed and the griefer won’t be hurted in the slightest.

Then move around when your shooting… and unless it’s a plasma, they don’t get 1 hit killed. Never said this was perfect, just a suggestion. :slight_smile:

DING DING DING DING DING!!!

Problem Solved! to this day I still haven’t been betrayed on Gears of War. Lol-Reach should follow this Friendly Fire Off system!

Why NOT? Lol-Reach has already copied so many games including GoW, whats one more quirk?