How to respect the respectable Halo legacy...

… but making it fresh?

I mainly care about the matchmaking side of Halo, so here’s what I would do for the next installment(s) :

1. I would copy and paste Halo 3 movement mechanics, but upgrading the basic movement speed a bit (at 105%) and the jump height at 103%-105%% of the H3 ones.

2. I would use H2A hit detection on weapons, instead of the Halo 3 “true bullet traveling” one (I think Halo 5 is like H2A anyway). I like the Halo 3 way, but I understand the frustration of some people that don’t like to lead their shots.

3. I would avoid the “too serious & too dark” way of 343, just remembering how fun it is to play in bright, calm & sunny stages like the Pit, Last Resort, Sandtrap, Valhalla, Standoff, Avalanche etc… Some stages could be darker, but not too dark (Guardian was just perfectly dark IMO).

4. I would keep weapons on maps and some rare pickup items (like regen, bubble shield)

5. No sprint, No Armor Abilities, no clamber, no jetpacks, no ADS.

6. Less medals, just the skilled based ones ( like double (or more) kills, sniper headshots, ninjas etc…) so that you’re happy when you get one, instead of getting a medal with every breath you take (like in Halo 4 & the actual Halo 5 beta).

7. I would make the announcer speak a lot less than in the actual Halo 5, we friggin’ know that in a team slayer game, we have to kill the enemy team, it’s just plain stupid to hear it every time…

8. H2-H3 map sizes.

9. Modernizing weapons look a bit, but doing so by respecting the successful and loved by millions, classic Halo look.

10. The Halo 3, 1-50 true skill based system, with the skill & experience showed.

11. After 5 seconds of moving forward, Master Chief would sprint at 115% of his normal speed (for a maximum of 5 seconds and then he would move at normal speed again), BUT KEEPING HIS GUN UP, READY TO FIRE AT ALL TIME. Shooting a bullet would stop the sprint, but not the normal speed.

12. All the previous elements would also please the MLG crowd, and if MLG cares for your game, it’s like the NBA caring for your basketball team, IT’S GOOD FOR YOUR REPUTATION AND PRESTIGE, and the casual will also want to be part of this PRESTIGIOUS ADVENTURE (like it was in the past).

13. I would respect what the millions of classic Halo veterans out there wants (yes, millions), because respecting what they liked (and still do to this day, by the way!) to play for years is the best way to make them come back for more, to keep their passion alive, that same passion that they will continue to propagate to Halo neophytes.

14. Passion is contagious like a positive plague, therefore money will follow. Remember that, 343.

15. Always remember that, 343…

Here are my ideas for Halo 5:

1. Halo 3

lol

:stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274883669557;2:
> Here are my ideas for Halo 5:
>
> 1. Halo 3
>
> lol

No, Halo 3 already exist.

But the core feeling of the game, the one that made thousands of players play more than 10 000 games years after years, should definitely be RESPECTED. :wink:

> 2533274816948573;3:
> > 2533274883669557;2:
> > Here are my ideas for Halo 5:
> >
> > 1. Halo 3
> >
> > lol
>
>
> No, Halo 3 already exist.
>
> But the core feeling of the game, the one that made thousands of players play more than 10 000 games years after years, should definitely be RESPECTED. :wink:

Who’s not respecting it? They just re-released it 3 months ago. I was playing it earlier.

In fact, 343 has brought CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3’s matchmaking to the Xbox One. At 1080p 60fps and all that. Sure, matchmaking is a bit rough, but I’d say re-releasing the entire original trilogy on current gen is definitely showing respect.

I want the next trilogy to be new and fresh. Not a rehash of the first. … well, I’d like a mix of the two, to be honest. And if you ask me, Halo 5 feels like a mix of Halo 3 and the better features of Halo 4 (with equal starts, no loadouts, but compromised sprint and some more modern mechanics). I like it.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> > 2533274816948573;3:
> > > 2533274883669557;2:
> > > Here are my ideas for Halo 5:
> > >
> > > 1. Halo 3
> > >
> > > lol
> >
> >
> >
> > No, Halo 3 already exist.
> >
> > But the core feeling of the game, the one that made thousands of players play more than 10 000 games years after years, should definitely be RESPECTED. :wink:
>
>
> Who’s not respecting it? They just re-released it 3 months ago. I was playing it earlier.
>
> In fact, 343 has brought CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3’s matchmaking to the Xbox One. At 1080p 60fps and all that. Sure, matchmaking is a bit rough, but I’d say re-releasing the entire original trilogy on current gen is definitely showing respect.
>
> I want the next trilogy to be new and fresh. Not a rehash of the first. … well, I’d like a mix of the two, to be honest. And if you ask me, Halo 5 feels like a mix of Halo 3 and the better features of Halo 4 (with equal starts, no loadouts, but compromised sprint and some more modern mechanics). I like it.

MCC is cool, but it’s not a new Halo.

The Pit in an awesome map, but I want new ones.

Making me play H3 for another 3 years when I’ve been playing it for 7 is not what I want.

But when I buy an Halo game, I want the gameplay of an Halo game, not a crappy, flavor of the month, disposable FPS.

If I buy a Metalica album, I don’t want to hear songs that are inspired by Justin Bieber, I want a Metallica album, even if now they sell less albums than “flavor of the year” Justin Bieber.

If I want a friggin’ mediocre Justin Bieber album, I’ll friggin’ buy one.

If I want the gameplay and the feel of a mediocre COD, I’ll buy a friggin’ mediocre COD.

Do you get that, or should I give more explanation?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

> 2533274883669557;4:
> > 2533274816948573;3:
> > > 2533274883669557;2:
> > > Here are my ideas for Halo 5:
> > >
> > > 1. Halo 3
> > >
> > > lol
> >
> > No, Halo 3 already exist.
> >
> > But the core feeling of the game, the one that made thousands of players play more than 10 000 games years after years, should definitely be RESPECTED. :wink:
>
> Who’s not respecting it? They just re-released it 3 months ago. I was playing it earlier.
>
> In fact, 343 has brought CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3’s matchmaking to the Xbox One. At 1080p 60fps and all that. Sure, matchmaking is a bit rough, but I’d say re-releasing the entire original trilogy on current gen is definitely showing respect.
>
> I want the next trilogy to be new and fresh. Not a rehash of the first. … well, I’d like a mix of the two, to be honest. And if you ask me, Halo 5 feels like a mix of Halo 3 and the better features of Halo 4 (with equal starts, no loadouts, but compromised sprint and some more modern mechanics). I like it.

Lol MrMartini as your name suggests you are drunk 343’s has only brought us a broken version of those games…can you even walk a straight line right now?

> 2533274846813479;6:
> Do not make nonconstructive posts.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274883669557;4:
> > > 2533274816948573;3:
> > > > 2533274883669557;2:
> > > > Here are my ideas for Halo 5:
> > > >
> > > > 1. Halo 3
> > > >
> > > > lol
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > No, Halo 3 already exist.
> > >
> > > But the core feeling of the game, the one that made thousands of players play more than 10 000 games years after years, should definitely be RESPECTED. :wink:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Who’s not respecting it? They just re-released it 3 months ago. I was playing it earlier.
> >
> > In fact, 343 has brought CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3’s matchmaking to the Xbox One. At 1080p 60fps and all that. Sure, matchmaking is a bit rough, but I’d say re-releasing the entire original trilogy on current gen is definitely showing respect.
> >
> > I want the next trilogy to be new and fresh. Not a rehash of the first. … well, I’d like a mix of the two, to be honest. And if you ask me, Halo 5 feels like a mix of Halo 3 and the better features of Halo 4 (with equal starts, no loadouts, but compromised sprint and some more modern mechanics). I like it.
>
>
> Lol MrMartini as your name suggests you are drunk 343’s has only brought us a broken version of those games…can you even walk a straight line right now?
>

MCC is broken, it’s in fact a fact…

Wouldn’t be fresh to me. Too similar to halo 3. Nothing really changing. Basically just giving the game a face lift.

I guess I misunderstood.

I think Halo 5 feels fresh and fun and not at all like CoD.

If you feel otherwise, then … I don’t know what to tell you because I’ve played Halo 5 and CoD and I’m not seeing it. Halo 5 feels like a mix of 3 & 4.

> 2533274816948573;1:
> … but making it fresh?
>
> I mainly care about the matchmaking side of Halo, so here’s what I would do for the next installment(s) :
>
> 1. I would copy and paste Halo 3 movement mechanics, but upgrading the basic movement speed a bit (at 105%) and the jump height at 103%-105%% of the H3 ones.
>
> 2. I would use H2A hit detection on weapons, instead of the Halo 3 “true bullet traveling” one (I think Halo 5 is like H2A anyway). I like the Halo 3 way, but I understand the frustration of some people that don’t like to lead their shots.
>
> 3. I would avoid the “too serious & too dark” way of 343, just remembering how fun it is to play in bright, calm & sunny stages like the Pit, Last Resort, Sandtrap, Valhalla, Standoff, Avalanche etc… Some stages could be darker, but not too dark (Guardian was just perfectly dark IMO).
>
> 4. I would keep weapons on maps and some rare pickup items (like regen, bubble shield)
>
> 5. No sprint, No Armor Abilities, no clamber, no jetpacks, no ADS.
>
> 6. Less medals, just the skilled based ones ( like double (or more) kills, sniper headshots, ninjas etc…) so that you’re happy when you get one, instead of getting a medal with every breath you take (like in Halo 4 & the actual Halo 5 beta).
>
> 7. I would make the announcer speak a lot less than in the actual Halo 5, we friggin’ know that in a team slayer game, we have to kill the enemy team, it’s just plain stupid to hear it every time…
>
> 8. H2-H3 map sizes.
>
> 9. Modernizing weapons look a bit, but doing so by respecting the successful and loved by millions, classic Halo look.
>
> 10. The Halo 3, 1-50 true skill based system, with the skill & experience showed.
>
> 11. After 5 seconds of moving forward, Master Chief would sprint at 115% of his normal speed (for a maximum of 5 seconds and then he would move at normal speed again), BUT KEEPING HIS GUN UP, READY TO FIRE AT ALL TIME. Shooting a bullet would stop the sprint, but not the normal speed.
>
> 12. All the previous elements would also please the MLG crowd, and if MLG cares for your game, it’s like the NBA caring for your basketball team, IT’S GOOD FOR YOUR REPUTATION AND PRESTIGE, and the casual will also want to be part of this PRESTIGIOUS ADVENTURE (like it was in the past).
>
> 13. I would respect what the millions of classic Halo veterans out there wants (yes, millions), because respecting what they liked (and still do to this day, by the way!) to play for years is the best way to make them come back for more, to keep their passion alive, that same passion that they will continue to propagate to Halo neophytes.
>
> 14. Passion is contagious like a positive plague, therefore money will follow. Remember that, 343.
>
> 15. Always remember that, 343…

You literally want them to make Halo 3 a little faster and to jump a little higher… The sprint portion of that would negated if a simple movement speed pick up was allowed, but even then, it wouldnt feel remotely new or fresh

But Halo 5 felt fun and if we get a host of good custom options we probably could make a more ideal traditional Halo in customs.