How to properly shoot Halo 4 weapons

I was wondering if the community had some specifics on how to properly use all of the weapons in Halo 4. It seems that this issue is just left for the player to figure out. Now, I know it’s not rocket science but I’m still not 100% on all the guns.

For example, the Sticky Detonator - I previously had to trigger to shoot and then trigger again to detonate it. Last night, I was shooting it at a fairly long distance and noticed it detonating without hitting the trigger again. Does this gun now act more like the Halo Reach Gernade Launcher (trigger to shoot, release to detonate) or does it only act this way when shooting at long distance.

Another is the Plasma Pistol and Botlt Shot. These guns seem to act similarly when charged with the difference being the PP only fires after releasing the charge and the BS fires automatically about 2 seconds after the charge. Is this the absolute truth?

Also, I read that the PP’s charged can be released without shooting but SLOWLY releasing the trigger. I was told it won’t fire if you release the charge slowly. Is that true?

Are there any other guns that have multiple functions (ie. normal shot, charged shot, special zoomed shot, etc)? What other weapons release charge automatically and which ones don’t (like the PP)?

Any other tips on weapons? Thanks.

Sweep precision guns from time to time. Landing headshots is much more easier while allowing you to focus on your movement.

If you’re just moving left and right while you’re on ground, you’re going to get owned pretty fast.

You don’t really need tips for most of the primary or secondary weapons. They’ve all got extreme bullet magnetism like it’s auto-aim, especially scoped in a precision weapon.

Just scope and shoot. Aiming isn’t a necessity, just get a spartan somewhere in the general area of your largest reticule and your bullets will hit 100% of the time. I’ve tested and proven it.

My arbitrary tip is to use automatic weapons against people with sticky launchers, because if the grenade is hit by a single bullet, it’ll explode immediately killing the launcher. Managed to pull it off once or twice myself. Better yet is to aim for the gun, that’s the only kind of aiming you can really do in Halo 4; adjust where on a spartan you’ll land your always-hitting bullets.

Here’s one:

What’s a good thought process to have during a firefight 1v1 as far as movement goes? I know juking left and right at random intervals and jumping from time to time are tactics, but is there anything I’m missing? Don’t say bobbing, I’m not that good at it and I don’t claw.

Maybe I should rephrase my point. I understand how to use the weapns in regards to strafing, headshots, jumping, etc. I’m basically trying to figure out how to properly use the Boltshot, Sticky Det, and Plasma Pistol. The Sticky Det in particular as I’ve used it where I have to trigger to detonate and also where I’ve seen it detonate automatically.

I’ve addressed some of my questions in my OP and I’m just wondering about specifics on how some of the weapons work.

> Sweep precision guns from time to time. Landing headshots is much more easier while allowing you to focus on your movement.
>
> If you’re just moving left and right while you’re on ground, you’re going to get owned pretty fast.

Hm, good tip. I’ll give that shot.

The sticky only explodes auto- at range.

The boltshot can be released any time after charge; It can’t hold, however.

The PP can charge and hold until it runs out of battery.