How to properly nerf the Boltshot

I know there have been multiple threads about how ridiculously OP the Boltshot is as a secondary weapon, but I think I know the perfect way to nerf it.

-Make it so it takes TWO blasts to kill an enemy, one should only take down his shields.
-Make it take longer to charge.
-Reduce the blast range.

Basically, no SECONDARY weapon should have the power to just one-hit-kill enemies, that’s really stupid, some power weapons can’t even do that. For example, I think you are more likely to get a one-shot-kill in CQC with the Boltshot than the Scattershot, which is BS.

Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

I’d be happy with a range reduction.

Imo, the best option would be to take it out of loadouts and make it a map ordnance.

Id say make the charge up drain the whole clip, That way a miss will be costly. range change would help.

> Imo, the best option would be to take it out of loadouts and make it a map ordnance.

But that would make the scattershot completely useless.

Making the Boltshot overcharge a 2sk would make it absolutely redundant; The Plasma Pistol strips shields already.

I think the real way to nerf it would be increase the charge time by around a second or two, and disable the ability to fire prematurely. So you would have to actually time it.

> I know there have been multiple threads about how ridiculously OP the Boltshot is as a secondary weapon, but I think I know the perfect way to nerf it.
>
> -Make it so it takes TWO blasts to kill an enemy, one should only take down his shields.
> -Make it take longer to charge.
> -Reduce the blast range.
>
> Basically, no SECONDARY weapon should have the power to just one-hit-kill enemies, that’s really stupid, some power weapons can’t even do that. For example, I think you are more likely to get a one-shot-kill in CQC with the Boltshot than the Scattershot, which is BS.

So because the scattershot is flawed the boltshot is broken? Yeah that’s not how it works. What nedds to happen is people losing to boltshot so freauentlg need to play betted and if you arent losing to it what are you complaining about? Like someone else aaid you don’t fix what isn’t broken.

> > I know there have been multiple threads about how ridiculously OP the Boltshot is as a secondary weapon, but I think I know the perfect way to nerf it.
> >
> > -Make it so it takes TWO blasts to kill an enemy, one should only take down his shields.
> > -Make it take longer to charge.
> > -Reduce the blast range.
> >
> > Basically, no SECONDARY weapon should have the power to just one-hit-kill enemies, that’s really stupid, some power weapons can’t even do that. For example, I think you are more likely to get a one-shot-kill in CQC with the Boltshot than the Scattershot, which is BS.
>
> So because the scattershot is flawed the boltshot is broken? Yeah that’s not how it works. What nedds to happen is people losing to boltshot so freauentlg need to play betted and if you arent losing to it what are you complaining about? Like someone else aaid you don’t fix what isn’t broken.

The problem is that it is broken. I massacerd the other time with that weapon. Although when it does get nerfed i will miss it, but this is better for Halo 4.

> > > I know there have been multiple threads about how ridiculously OP the Boltshot is as a secondary weapon, but I think I know the perfect way to nerf it.
> > >
> > > -Make it so it takes TWO blasts to kill an enemy, one should only take down his shields.
> > > -Make it take longer to charge.
> > > -Reduce the blast range.
> > >
> > > Basically, no SECONDARY weapon should have the power to just one-hit-kill enemies, that’s really stupid, some power weapons can’t even do that. For example, I think you are more likely to get a one-shot-kill in CQC with the Boltshot than the Scattershot, which is BS.
> >
> > So because the scattershot is flawed the boltshot is broken? Yeah that’s not how it works. What nedds to happen is people losing to boltshot so freauentlg need to play betted and if you arent losing to it what are you complaining about? Like someone else aaid you don’t fix what isn’t broken.
>
> The problem is that it is broken. I massacerd the other time with that weapon. Although when it does get nerfed i will miss it, but this is better for Halo 4.

Anecdotal evidence means nothing. It says nothing about the quality of player you were up against.

> Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

boltshot Noob is common sense someone who defends this weapons like using this weapons not all the time but they do

> > > > I know there have been multiple threads about how ridiculously OP the Boltshot is as a secondary weapon, but I think I know the perfect way to nerf it.
> > > >
> > > > -Make it so it takes TWO blasts to kill an enemy, one should only take down his shields.
> > > > -Make it take longer to charge.
> > > > -Reduce the blast range.
> > > >
> > > > Basically, no SECONDARY weapon should have the power to just one-hit-kill enemies, that’s really stupid, some power weapons can’t even do that. For example, I think you are more likely to get a one-shot-kill in CQC with the Boltshot than the Scattershot, which is BS.
> > >
> > > So because the scattershot is flawed the boltshot is broken? Yeah that’s not how it works. What nedds to happen is people losing to boltshot so freauentlg need to play betted and if you arent losing to it what are you complaining about? Like someone else aaid you don’t fix what isn’t broken.
> >
> > The problem is that it is broken. I massacerd the other time with that weapon. Although when it does get nerfed i will miss it, but this is better for Halo 4.
>
> Anecdotal evidence means nothing. It says nothing about the quality of player you were up against.

I don’t have any other evidence since i never go to the theatre mode. I will try to get you footage if you like and maybe i can show you the ridicoulus range of it.

Due to lag, not once have I found the Boltshot useful.

It already does take two charged shots to kill someone if your not near them. There needs to be an EMP effect like the Plasma Pistol. This isn’t gonna help any.

How about remove it from the game entirely.

Remove it and the plasma pistol from custom classes. It’s a boring way to balance a shooter anyways.

> > I know there have been multiple threads about how ridiculously OP the Boltshot is as a secondary weapon, but I think I know the perfect way to nerf it.
> >
> > -Make it so it takes TWO blasts to kill an enemy, one should only take down his shields.
> > -Make it take longer to charge.
> > -Reduce the blast range.
> >
> > Basically, no SECONDARY weapon should have the power to just one-hit-kill enemies, that’s really stupid, some power weapons can’t even do that. For example, I think you are more likely to get a one-shot-kill in CQC with the Boltshot than the Scattershot, which is BS.
>
> So because the scattershot is flawed the boltshot is broken? Yeah that’s not how it works. What nedds to happen is people losing to boltshot so freauentlg need to play betted and if you arent losing to it what are you complaining about? Like someone else aaid you don’t fix what isn’t broken.

It’s not a matter of playing better. You can sprint in, charge up your skill cannon and blast away.

and type. please.

Meh, I’d say have a set range and damage (right now, those two are random) and make one charged blast take up a whole clip.

> Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCUD83IBbtc

Not broken?

> Remove it and the plasma pistol from custom classes. It’s a boring way to balance a shooter anyways.
>
>
>
>
> > > I know there have been multiple threads about how ridiculously OP the Boltshot is as a secondary weapon, but I think I know the perfect way to nerf it.
> > >
> > > -Make it so it takes TWO blasts to kill an enemy, one should only take down his shields.
> > > -Make it take longer to charge.
> > > -Reduce the blast range.
> > >
> > > Basically, no SECONDARY weapon should have the power to just one-hit-kill enemies, that’s really stupid, some power weapons can’t even do that. For example, I think you are more likely to get a one-shot-kill in CQC with the Boltshot than the Scattershot, which is BS.
> >
> > So because the scattershot is flawed the boltshot is broken? Yeah that’s not how it works. What nedds to happen is people losing to boltshot so freauentlg need to play betted and if you arent losing to it what are you complaining about? Like someone else aaid you don’t fix what isn’t broken.
>
> It’s not a matter of playing better. You can sprint in, charge up your skill cannon and blast away.
>
>
>
> and type. please.

You have a radar and you know people use the Boltshot. Its a non issue. Plan accordingly and you wont die to it. Boltshot is not good for anything but punishing terrible players. The good players don’t die to it on any frequent basis.

> > Remove it and the plasma pistol from custom classes. It’s a boring way to balance a shooter anyways.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > > I know there have been multiple threads about how ridiculously OP the Boltshot is as a secondary weapon, but I think I know the perfect way to nerf it.
> > > >
> > > > -Make it so it takes TWO blasts to kill an enemy, one should only take down his shields.
> > > > -Make it take longer to charge.
> > > > -Reduce the blast range.
> > > >
> > > > Basically, no SECONDARY weapon should have the power to just one-hit-kill enemies, that’s really stupid, some power weapons can’t even do that. For example, I think you are more likely to get a one-shot-kill in CQC with the Boltshot than the Scattershot, which is BS.
> > >
> > > So because the scattershot is flawed the boltshot is broken? Yeah that’s not how it works. What nedds to happen is people losing to boltshot so freauentlg need to play betted and if you arent losing to it what are you complaining about? Like someone else aaid you don’t fix what isn’t broken.
> >
> > It’s not a matter of playing better. You can sprint in, charge up your skill cannon and blast away.
> >
> >
> >
> > and type. please.
>
> You have a radar and you know people use the Boltshot. Its a non issue. Plan accordingly and you wont die to it. Boltshot is not good for anything but punishing terrible players. The good players don’t die to it on any frequent basis.

Crouching boltshot users show up on Radar?

Yeah. I’m sure.

Furthermore, I should be allowed to get within melee range of someone without dying instantly from a secondary weapon you can spawn with.