How to post (NOT LEAKED) News about Halo 4 :)

I see a lot of Newcomers in the Halo 4 Forum, so I figured it would be a great place to post this guide.

• When you find new Info pertaining to Halo 4, you probably want to share with your fellow Forum-goers. It’s a good idea to check the first couple pages to see any related topics, and look for existing threads to post within, since a new thread may not be necessary.

• DO NOT post any Spoilers without using the “Spoilers” BBCODE Tag. This will help people who are trying not to spoil any aspects of the Story.
    -Let’s say you have read the Novel’s and want to post info regarding possible connections between the books and the game. If someone who has not finished the book sees the ending, they will probably get pretty upset.

-To place a Spoiler Tag, go into the Post Reply panel (instead of “Quick Reply”) and at the top you will see a button with the letters [BB/]. Under the drop down you will see <mark>[ SPOILER ] Put text in here [ SPOILER/ ]</mark> (Without the spaces of course.)

• When posting links you can make it easy by clicking the “Create Link” Icon (6th Icon from the Left, Has a Globe with a Chain Link). This will also allow you to edit the text that people see when clicking the Link.
    -So by posting this - ‘youtube.com/watch?v=Wug5_KQgEro’ - a person has to copy the link and paste into another Tab or Window on their Browser.
    -By using the “Create Link” feature you can allow the person to open the link with one click :wink:
    -Halo 4: E3 2012 Check-In - YouTube Video
    -You can also link a “Time Stamp” (what time the video starts at when linked to) by pausing the Video> Right Click> Select ‘Copy video URL at Current Time.’ Like this:
    -BS Angel - Jazz Hands :wink:

• DO NOT post leaked content as it could result in your Thread being locked, your post being edited by Moderators, or even being “Discharged” from the Waypoint Forums. Again it is a good idea to check the first couple pages for any Threads related to your topic. If you see a thread has been locked for posting Leaked content, then you should reconsider before posting.

Please consider using this guide, and help fellow Forum-goers who are new to the site.

Thank You,
-Texx

!!PLEASE SEE LINKS BELOW!!
-Halo Waypoint Forum Guidelines-
-H4 Notes, Facts, Preorders, Info, PAX & More… - Halo 4 Thread Directory-

This would have been handy 2 suspensions ago :stuck_out_tongue:

I stay away from anything campaign spoiler leak related anyhow, but this is a good thing you’re doing.

There’s Forum Rules and Guidelines for a reason.

> I stay away from anything campaign spoiler leak related anyhow, but this is a good thing you’re doing.

Well people don’t always warn of possible spoilers. I’ve seen way more than I wanted of campaign due to people posting w/o considering others.

> There’s Forum Rules and Guidelines for a reason.

Did you read them when you joined? :wink:

> > There’s Forum Rules and Guidelines for a reason.
>
> Did you read them when you joined? :wink:

I actually did, considering I’m active on many other forums that seem to always have different rules i.e. permitting leaked content to be discussed and vulgar statements and words being permitted.

> > > There’s Forum Rules and Guidelines for a reason.
> >
> > Did you read them when you joined? :wink:
>
> I actually did, considering I’m active on many other forums that seem to always have different rules i.e. permitting leaked content to be discussed and vulgar statements and words being permitted.

Very nice! I mainly just want this to go out to new forum members. We see a lot of activity regarding leaked material or Re Posts of current topics being discussed in a few different threads. I’m going to Include some more in my OP after work tonight. I hope this is well accepted, as my intentions are to clean up the Forums a lil bit. Far fetched I know, but it’s worth a shot right?

> You can also link a “Time Stamp” (what time the video starts at when linked to) by pausing the Video> Right Click> Select ‘Copy video URL at Current Time.’ Like this:

Thank you! I’ve been wondering how to do that for so long! ^.^

> > > There’s Forum Rules and Guidelines for a reason.
> >
> > Did you read them when you joined? :wink:
>
> I actually did, considering I’m active on many other forums that seem to always have different rules i.e. permitting leaked content to be discussed and vulgar statements and words being permitted.

Lol, I suspect you’re in the minority, unfortunately. :slight_smile:

> > You can also link a “Time Stamp” (what time the video starts at when linked to) by pausing the Video> Right Click> Select ‘Copy video URL at Current Time.’ Like this:
>
> Thank you! I’ve been wondering how to do that for so long! ^.^

No Problem :slight_smile: Glad I could help! I love seeing well thought out threads and posts. Especially when a person is trying to make a “Factually Based Rant”, it really helps people take it a little more seriously.

> > I actually did, considering I’m active on many other forums that seem to always have different rules i.e. permitting leaked content to be discussed and vulgar statements and words being permitted.
>
> Lol, I suspect you’re in the minority, unfortunately. :slight_smile:

It’s way too easy to overlook the Rules, Terms & Conditions, and Guidelines of anything really. People usually don’t refer to them unless they’ve gotten in trouble and have to research why. :\

OP Updated. Thanks for the replies! Hope this helps the newcomers… :slight_smile:

> > > > There’s Forum Rules and Guidelines for a reason.
> > >
> > > Did you read them when you joined? :wink:
> >
> > I actually did, considering I’m active on many other forums that seem to always have different rules i.e. permitting leaked content to be discussed and vulgar statements and words being permitted.
>
> Lol, I suspect you’re in the minority, unfortunately. :slight_smile:

guilty as charged.

after my first few bans not long after i joined i soon read them though.

> > > > > There’s Forum Rules and Guidelines for a reason.
> > > >
> > > > Did you read them when you joined? :wink:
> > >
> > > I actually did, considering I’m active on many other forums that seem to always have different rules i.e. permitting leaked content to be discussed and vulgar statements and words being permitted.
> >
> > Lol, I suspect you’re in the minority, unfortunately. :slight_smile:
>
> guilty as charged.
>
> after my first few bans not long after i joined i soon read them though.

The most I’ve gotten was a couple edited posts for “Bypassing the word filter” and writing “Welcome to Waypoint” to a member in Spanish. :’(