How to play Halo 4

Hello. This is a guide to help out any new Halo 4 players

First off, know that Halo 4 is the first FPG (first person grenadier) in the Halo series. Get used to switching your primary trigger finger from right to left.

Now, you have 3 primary weapons. The frag grenade, thr plasma grenade and the pulse grenade. First, decide which tactical package you want, resupply, which lets you pick up more grenades, or grenadier, which increases your grenade carrying capacity. And be sure to use the explosives support upgrade, for more damage with grenades.

Now, let’s run through the primary weapons

1. Frag grenade. Oh teh noez, there’s an enemy coming round the corner?! Time to switch to your frag and spam them round that corner! Don’t let them come round the corner and outplay you with a gun (more on these later) instead, show them no mercy with your frags. Another situation where you can use frags is when you see a battle at the other end of a corridor. Spam all your frags in there and blow the enemy to smithereens!

2. Plasma grenade. Cornered? Been outplayed with a gun? Save yourself with plasma grenades! When your shields are down, and someone more skilled than you is about to kill you, spam all your plasma in their direction. Hopefully you’ll get a lucky stick, which is a guaranteed kill! Also, try using active camo and camp round corners. Then stick any sunsuspecting bypassers! Also, if your team mates decide to use guns, stick behind them and support them by spamming lots of stickies!

3. What’s this? You’re out of frags and stickies, and have to use a GUN? Oh no! There’s a much higher chance of getting outplayed when you’re using something you’re inexperienced with! Well, this is when you use the pulse grenade! Wait around the corner, and spam pulse grenades at the enemies! This will take down their shields, allowing you to finish them off before they outplay you!

Now, you have these secondary weapons called guns. These are used for firing projectiles at the enemy. Since they require a bit of aiming and are harder to use than grenades, only use guns as a last resort. Use them for finishing off survivors of your grenade spam.

Happy grenading!

7/10

made me chuckle OP

Hah! I do feel like grenades are less OP than in Reach, though.

Hah. I’ve played Halo games before and I already knew how to play Halo 4. But thanks for the instructions though.

I personally think that grenades in Halo 4 are underpowered. There are very few things I miss from Halo Reach, powerful grenades are one of them.

LOL

> Hah. I’ve played Halo games before and I already knew how to play Halo 4. But thanks for the instructions though.

No problem. Remember, if guns keep failing you, grenades will always be there

Good post OP!

How am I supposed to play if you forgot the controller?!?!?!?!?!?

Well, youre right, grenades play a big roll in this games, maybe even better than the guns.
BUT, grenades need skill to be thrown, even more than those ugly “guns”, so im fine with it…But yeah frag grenade spammers are anoying as hell, specially in Infinity Slayer :slight_smile:

you forgot to say that we should camp grenade spawn points.

3/10

never heard of these guns you speak of someone must tell me how you use them

Grenades are really underpowered in H4 especially in campaign.

2/10

you could at least try to be funnier if you intend on wasting my time.

good luck next time good sir.

This post would’ve been better for Reach. In Reach a player would always through a frag then shoot. In H4 the grenades aren’t as strong so you could still beat a grenadier with a gun. The game also let you know where they land so that helps too.

9/10 and +40, 000, 000.

Classy.

“In Reach a player would always through a frag then shoot”.

I think you mean H3. In Reach people threw both Frags before not actually firing, since you were dead.

> 2/10
>
> you could at least try to be funnier if you intend on wasting my time.
>
> good luck next time good sir.

Lol ok

The grenades must be well placed in order to be effective. So at first, using them seemed more annoying than beneficial. However, now… grenades are a life saver!