how to play DLC maps in matchmaking

How can i play DLC maps in matchmaking?

Next month a DLC Playlist will be added to Halo 4 Matchmaking and this is a huge relief to those people who have wanted an ALL DLC Playlist in Matchmaking.

The DLC Playlist will be added sometime halfway through January.

> Next month a DLC Playlist will be added to Halo 4 Matchmaking and this is a huge relief to those people who have wanted an ALL DLC Playlist in Matchmaking.
>
> The DLC Playlist will be added sometime halfway through January.

That’s good to know.

DLC maps will be featured for a limited time in the rotational playlist:

[1.20 – Team DLC
Team game types on DLC maps. 4 vs. 4.

3.31 – Squad DLC
Team game types on DLC maps. 6 vs. 6.](https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/12/11/The-Halo-Bulletin-121113.aspx)

As others have said, 2 DLC playlists are coming in January and March.

If you want to play them in matchmaking right now, you will have a very slim chance. I’d say the majority of the remaining Halo 4 population either doesn’t have/refuses to buy the DLC, making DLC a minority. For the DLC to show everybody in the game lobby NEEDS to have the DLC in order to get it as voting options. If just a single person has no DLC then they won’t show at all. Many people, such as myself, have found that DLC shows more regularly if you search with a full team of DLC owners, since this increases your chances of being matched with another full party of DLC owners.

Even when DLC does show up you’ll have a good chance of being the only one who votes for it, as the others vote for familiar maps with well-known spawn points.

(I know - I was that boy sob).