How to master the Spartan Laser?

For me it’s very hard to get kills with the <mark>Spartan Laser</mark>. I don’t get it often in matchmaking. And if i get it, i don’t really do any harm with it -.- (I got 37 Splaser-kills since Halo4 was launched)

Do you guys know some Splaser-friendly maps or gametypes? Or even some hints how to effectly get kills with that thing in close quarters combat?

If you do, feel free to comment below.

Ragnarok. Splaser spawns every freaking minute.

Other than that, play Dominion. They are readily available.

I’ve found the easiest way to get kills is to get in the ghost on Ragnarok and rush for the laser in the middle of the map.

I you’re good you can pick up a double kill on the Banshee and Mantis.

It’s still pretty slow though and I haven’t mastered it by doing this but this is the best advice I can give.

Thank you both, that’s already helpful :slight_smile: I’ll try it out when I’m back from school!

> For me it’s very hard to get kills with the <mark>Spartan Laser</mark>. I don’t get it often in matchmaking. And if i get it, i don’t really do any harm with it -.- (I got 37 Splaser-kills since Halo4 was launched)
>
> Do you guys know some Splaser-friendly maps or gametypes? Or even some hints how to effectly get kills with that thing in close quarters combat?
>
> If you do, feel free to comment below.

Go BTB with a party of 4+ friends. Let them help you. You guys should all go ‘Ordnance priority’ (so you guys get the ordnance faster) and ‘Requisition’ (so you guys can rechoice the ordnance.

Every one who gets te laser should give it to you… and you can give them back a other ordnance as a thank.

Stay in group… (like in the middle of ragnarok) and get the kills. You should get like 15 to 20 laser kills per game.

Fiesta in action sack.

I have averaged 4 kills per game with the splaser. I got probably 150 kills to finish my commendation last week in a few days. I tried BTB and dominion but everything has to line up - you have to get the splaser before the other 11 - 15 people, you have to find a target, you have to hit the target, and you only have four shots, maybe eight if your lucky to get two.

In fiesta you get several lasers and once you get good at timing it will go by really fast. My personal advice since I was in the same exact predicament as you.

Good luck

(:

thank you! nice idea

> I’ve found the easiest way to get kills is to get in the ghost on Ragnarok and rush for the laser in the middle of the map.
>
> I you’re good you can pick up a double kill on the Banshee and Mantis.
>
> It’s still pretty slow though and I haven’t mastered it by doing this but this is the best advice I can give.

Alternatively, with practice, you can net up to five kills with the sPalser on Ragnarok. Use Mobility and Camo. When the game starts, whether you spawn Red or Blue base, use Mobility and gun it to the Man Cannon and run to teh sPlaser Top Middle of map. Just before you get to the top of the hill, activate Camo…pick up the sPlaser and then drop back to the right and crouch in the rocky outcrop if coming from Blue base or to the left if from Red. Watch your radar for teh Banshee, Ghost and Hog. Take out one at a time when you have a clear shot…if not, back out of the shot. After a couple of vehicle destroys from that location…head either to the Downed Pelican and wait for foot soldiers to kill or more vehicles or alternatively, head over to the caves where the Railgun spawns.

On Exile, if you get one, hang out in the caves or either base…keep low profile and pick off lone foot soldiers at distance or vehicles. Try not to aim the laser directly at them when its charging but with timing, just before it fires, move it onto the unsuspecting target.

Then, in Dominion, whether Exile, Longbow, etc, there are heaps of opportunities for sPlaser kills.

Are there any videos out there showing how to use it properly, specifically against infantry (or, barring that, anyone have any advice)? Yeah I can occasionally get a Banshee or Ghost kill on a Dominion game with it or whatever, but it’s an incredible chore for me to even get a single kill on Fiesta vs other infantry. It’s pretty much the weapon I’m convinced will prevent me from finishing that ordinance category.

Edit - post right above me is a nice one, guess it was posted while I was writing this.

Play Big Team on Ragnarok. I’ve played it yesterday and I had 14 kills with the laser. It’s spawns in every minute, and there are a lot of vehicles. Or play some Dominion on Longbow and keep your eye on the “B” base.

If only we had splockets instead of rock n’ rail…

Dominion on Exile is good for SL kills, lots of vehicles on that.
Best thing is to get the laser and you have A base, and if the enemy has B base, point it at the banshee holo, and as soon as someone gets in it blast it.
I get most of my laser kills in Dominion.

Another idea can be to use the ‘Ammo’ package. It gives you two more shots, which can be a lot of kills when you kill a Warthog in the middle of a group.

Another tip: DON’T waste the Splaser on a Mongoose.

Easy! Play dominion, and vote for exile or longbow and defend the bases you have, on the second weapons drop onwards you should get spartan lasers at some point! I was getting on avarage 10 laser kills per game with this! Hope this helped.

> Are there any videos out there showing how to use it properly, specifically against infantry (or, barring that, anyone have any advice)? Yeah I can occasionally get a Banshee or Ghost kill on a Dominion game with it or whatever, but it’s an incredible chore for me to even get a single kill on Fiesta vs other infantry. It’s pretty much the weapon I’m convinced will prevent me from finishing that ordinance category.
>
> Edit - post right above me is a nice one, guess it was posted while I was writing this.

here is a short clip of how to use the laser

> If only we had splockets instead of rock n’ rail…

splockets untouchable perfection

Play Dominion, pick Exile (which I’m sure would be voted for anyway) and when you pick up the Splaser got to the snipers nest across Bravo. Since both teams are always fighting for Bravo it is easy to get splaser kills. Especially when the base is being captured. I’ve been doing this and I was just like you. Hardly getting any Splaser kills.

Hint- make sure you’re equipped with another power weapon besides the Splaser, such as the SAW or Rockets. Once you’ve been figure out, they’ll come after you.

I got 32 kills in one game with it last night

> Fiesta in action sack.
>
> I have averaged 4 kills per game with the splaser. I got probably 150 kills to finish my commendation last week in a few days. I tried BTB and dominion but everything has to line up - you have to get the splaser before the other 11 - 15 people, you have to find a target, you have to hit the target, and you only have four shots, maybe eight if your lucky to get two.
>
> In fiesta you get several lasers and once you get good at timing it will go by really fast. My personal advice since I was in the same exact predicament as you.
>
> Good luck
>
> (:

Awesome man.

Thank you guys :slight_smile: This helped a lot!