How to make the Core beneficial in Warzone

I have seen many Warzone games end. Some were Victories, some were just absolute manslaughter. Some was just plain disrespectful and others were close games. However the ending I have seen very little happen is Core destruction.

No this is not a complaint about spawn killing or Spartan Companies need to die or anything like that. Please read this and actually put consideration into the idea before you send hate about it. I don’t care if you like to spawn kill or if you hate being spawn killed but this is an issue, if you don’t think this is an issue then you haven’t been playing Warzone for long or just plain blind.
We have all had that one game at some point in time where basically we are just spawn killing. Or if we are just destroying in general. At some point in time we all have probably looked at the core and went " Should I destroy it? Nah I think I will just kill people " and you know what? That’s fine. Why? Because the Core is useless. There is no bonus to it. There’s no point destroying it. You lose the chance of getting more kills, even if they did put a bonus on it what’s stopping you from killing everyone before 950 points or so? So what is a way of making the core useful? Nothing.

So now the real question is, is Warzone going to be renamed to Farmzone because the Core has no purpose what so ever? No. There is actually a way where we could make the “endgame objective” actually have a purpose. the answer is to turn the Core into a boss. One that is capable of bringing terror to the whole map. Not at Homebase, not at the first Armory, but all the way up to THEIR home base. I’m not saying the boss needs to be a transformer or anything, but maybe make it a UNSC boss, one that is controlled by multiple players ( Around 4 tops ). The best part is that I believe that it COULD be random. Otherwise we have four maps. One can have Mantis, another with Scorpion, another with Warthog, and the other with a Gun Goose ( Maybe give it a Gauss gun or something I don’t know, use your imagination ).

So why replace the Core with a boss? The answer here is because there are so many Spartan Companies out there that are capable of going up to the Core and Breathe on it, why not bring their " Teamwork and Skill " to use and see if they can take down the Team’s boss. They can’t ignore it because it is player controlled and will hunt people down. They can’t exactly spawn kill anyone UNLESS the person that is driving the boss is an idiot ( Which can happen no doubt about it ). Also to top that off, it could actually make a comeback for the team that is losing.

Now what about the team that is versing it? Are there downsides to the boss. Well of course there is. Destroying the boss will end the game AND grant the enemy team maybe a extra 1000 REQ points and some bonus exp. This will benefit both types of players, ones that haven’t got all the REQ equipment and the other people who have completed their collection. Some downsides to the boss of course is that it will only activate if the Homebase is exposed. The boss will of course have weak points since I believe it will be UNSC Vehicles. The people inside will be as strong as the boss so that way the enemy can’t safe guard it ( That’s a benefit btw whoops lol ). Believe it or not you could still spawn kill if the team has one point captured still so keep that in mind.

So what do you guys think? Do you believe this is the right approach or is there another way where we can make the Core more useful? I’m open for ideas and the endgame objective needs a desperate and more beneficial change.

They could change it into an Ice cream maker.

Replace the core with a boss? Well its the same thing as seeing Warden spawn in but your already winning by 300 points more so your good.
I dont really think replacing the core with a boss would be a good idea. Also how would in-game describe it???

I think this would be a fun solution, but it is incredibly difficult to implement compared to other options like alternate spawn points or AI capturing bases.

> 2533274880633045;2:
> They could change it into an Ice cream maker.

they might as well lol

> 2533275050532363;3:
> Replace the core with a boss? Well its the same thing as seeing Warden spawn in but your already winning by 300 points more so your good.
> I dont really think replacing the core with a boss would be a good idea. Also how would in-game describe it???

Let’s pretend that your team already gets triple capped in say, 2 mins. Rather then just ignoring everything and spawn kill with little effort and making the other team rage quit and eventually ending the game ( Most likely case scenario that they won’t even bother with the core ), make it so that the other team has at least a chance to turn it around with their own boss.

also, confused on " Also how would in-game describe it??? ". What do you mean exactly?

> 2533275050532363;3:
> Replace the core with a boss? Well its the same thing as seeing Warden spawn in but your already winning by 300 points more so your good.
> I dont really think replacing the core with a boss would be a good idea. Also how would in-game describe it???

Have Chief as one teams boss and Locke as the others. Just in case any spartans go rogue Ez Pz

> 2533274803493024;4:
> I think this would be a fun solution, but it is incredibly difficult to implement compared to other options like alternate spawn points or AI capturing bases.

Honestly I think AI taking over basses would be harder. As for alternate spawn points, sooner or later people will learn those points as well. You do have a point though, however the core still remains as a useless power supply to a light bulb. Honestly the most boring and easier Idea is being able to self destruct the core after a certain amount of time.

Just have the threat of spawning one trillion warden eternals in to the game if the enemy core hasn’t been destroyed when all bases are capped after a set amount of time.

> 2533274860390817;9:
> Just have the threat of spawning one trillion warden eternals in to the game if the enemy core hasn’t been destroyed when all bases are capped after a set amount of time.

#TotalHavok114ForPresident2016

“Either we win this game or I will crash it with no survivors”

I seriously doubt that they would change the game that much.

All they really need to do is add an RP bonus that goes to the team that destroys the core AND give a generous RP bonus to individual players who damage the core based on damage inflicted.

So if I took 25% of the core’-Yoink!- points, then I get 25% of the core payout.

So this way, everyone on the team gets a bonus for destroying the core and the players who actually inflicted damage on the core get a bigger bonus based on the damage they did.