How to make HW2 better than the first

I loved halo wars. I played it more than almost any game ive ever owned, and in fact still play it. I unplugged my XBOne and plugged in the 360 just to play it (until it was made compatible). But there are a few things that tended to ruin games for me.

1. Covenant leaders. I hated the leaders. Having one unit that can wipe out entire armies, no matter what they were, was just ridiculous. Even spending all the resources on all the upgrades still makes it more powerful than they should be worth. Especially since the only solid counter was the D-Bomb which had a silly recharge time. The only other way to kill them effectively are with gimmicks, like the arbiter jumping on a hornet over a cliff, or stick the prophet with a vampire. But even if you killed them it only took 400 resources and a few minutes to get it back.Far too many people used only the prophet through the entire game, and maybe a few counter units or a scarab with 20 engineers. And the fact they can spawn so early to rush. It looks like this is better in HW2 so far, I hope it stays this way.

2. Warthog/leader rush. I get rushing. it sucks, but i get it. however it shouldnt have such a high success rate. No game should really be over in 5 minutes, and i frankly dont understand why so many people want that. I think the turrets in HW2 should help with that if they are pre-built, rushes should slow down an enemy or kill an incompetent one but should have less chance of killing the faster thinking ones than they did in halo wars.

3. QUITTING! There NEEDS to be some sort of penalty for quitting repeatedly. This more than anything else ruined the original for a lot of people. Very rarely do I get through a game where someone doesnt leave, usually in the first 2 minutes. Possibly because they saw they were against people who use only the prophet, or maybe because they played on fort deen the last hundred matches and are sick of it (understandable), but there needs to be a way to prevent ruining the other players games. More maps and more balanced leaders may help, but there needs to be something to make it not worth it to quit repeatedly.

Halo wars is one of my favorite games, and i was really excited to hear there was going to be a sequel. Please just take this opportunity to fix the things that drove people nuts in the original (except the -Yoinks!- who did those things)

Wait is Halo Wars compatible with the Xbone?!?!?!? I must have missed this!!

> 2533274810803336;2:
> Wait is Halo Wars compatible with the Xbone?!?!?!? I must have missed this!!

Ya i happened pretty recently.

I liked the leaders, yeah they rushed a lot but I was able to fend it off most of the time and I think rushing is a perfectly acceptable strategy, albeit frustrating at times. I never really had too much trouble with leaders and I think it was a great way to have the factions play differently, among other features.

Mid game warthogs were a bit OP and there were certainly other balancing issues in the game, pathfinding was a mess too. Would be great if they tweaked some things for this remastered version as I don’t think Wars 2 is the game I’ve been dreaming of.

> 2533274824480464;1:
> I loved halo wars. I played it more than almost any game ive ever owned, and in fact still play it. I unplugged my XBOne and plugged in the 360 just to play it (until it was made compatible). But there are a few things that tended to ruin games for me.
>
> 1) Covenant leaders. I hated the leaders. Having one unit that can wipe out entire armies, no matter what they were, was just ridiculous. Even spending all the resources on all the upgrades still makes it more powerful than they should be worth. Especially since the only solid counter was the D-Bomb which had a silly recharge time. The only other way to kill them effectively are with gimmicks, like the arbiter jumping on a hornet over a cliff, or stick the prophet with a vampire. But even if you killed them it only took 400 resources and a few minutes to get it back.Far too many people used only the prophet through the entire game, and maybe a few counter units or a scarab with 20 engineers. And the fact they can spawn so early to rush. It looks like this is better in HW2 so far, I hope it stays this way.
>
> 2) Warthog/leader rush. I get rushing. it sucks, but i get it. however it shouldnt have such a high success rate. No game should really be over in 5 minutes, and i frankly dont understand why so many people want that. I think the turrets in HW2 should help with that if they are pre-built, rushes should slow down an enemy or kill an incompetent one but should have less chance of killing the faster thinking ones than they did in halo wars.
>
> 3) QUITTING! There NEEDS to be some sort of penalty for quitting repeatedly. This more than anything else ruined the original for a lot of people. Very rarely do I get through a game where someone doesnt leave, usually in the first 2 minutes. Possibly because they saw they were against people who use only the prophet, or maybe because they played on fort deen the last hundred matches and are sick of it (understandable), but there needs to be a way to prevent ruining the other players games. More maps and more balanced leaders may help, but there needs to be something to make it not worth it to quit repeatedly.
>
> Halo wars is one of my favorite games, and i was really excited to hear there was going to be a sequel. Please just take this opportunity to fix the things that drove people nuts in the original (except the -Yoinks!- who did those things)

WHAT?! Leaders are awsome! they are just great to fight against a rush for example! if you are getting a warthog rush you can use any covenant leader to fight 'em
And I don’t lik at all the new bases! they are just too small! and I can’t even recognize what is ich thing! In Halo Wars you can easily recognize where your barracks, vehicle, or air pad building are! and what happened with LEADERS on HALO WARS 2?! HOPE YOU DON’T REMOVE THEM

If you look at the first demo of Halo wars 1, they should definitely implement that powerful scarab and give it a new look… AND they should have the banshee units fly randomly and attack over enemies when you command them to, rather than the banshees staying in one spot (hovering) over your opponents shooting.

> 2533274806948654;5:
> > 2533274824480464;1:
> >
>
>
> WHAT?! Leaders are awsome! they are just great to fight against a rush for example! if you are getting a warthog rush you can use any covenant leader to fight 'em
> And I don’t lik at all the new bases! they are just too small! and I can’t even recognize what is ich thing! In Halo Wars you can easily recognize where your barracks, vehicle, or air pad building are! and what happened with LEADERS on HALO WARS 2?! HOPE YOU DON’T REMOVE THEM

Leaders are awesome if you are the one using them, but they are too powerful as a singular unit. The fact they can beat a rush alone atests to that. One leader used even marginally right can wipe out entire armies worth a hundred times more than they are, which is silly. I can counter them, obviously or i wouldnt be able to play the game since everyone rushes prophet now, but its broken and shouldnt be that way. And there ARE heroes in HW2, but they arent omnipotent death dealers that noone stands a chance against. They are built in the armory/war council and are just strong units. not “take on 2 scarabs alone and win” strong, and both factions have them