How to make Halo 5 the perfect Halo...

• Return of classic fan favorite maps such as The Pit, Blood Gulch, and Guardian.

• Ranked and Social playlists

• Being able to also play as an Elite and Forerunner (They should add a forerunner that is more like a spartan.)

• Return of the Head to Head playlist from Halo 3.(The 1v1 playlist to prove individual skill against another player)

• Visible true skill ranking system

• Return of Duel Wielding

• Forge environments like Snow, Rain, and Sand.

• A lava map. So if you fall in you burn!

• Reduce the Bullet Magnetism.

• Reduce Aim Assist

• Change the BR sound back to a deeper sound.

• Return of the original Halo 3 Infection.(But can have an option to have flood mode back.)

• Classic Halo Theme Song (For Halo veterans who has grown to love the monks)

• Return of Veto system (To make the map rotation less repetitive)

• No more loadouts. Instead make it the set game loadouts like in previous Halo games.

• Armor abilities eliminated unless they were map pickups

• No more Sprint

• Make an Elimination game type like in Halo 3 but put into matchmaking

• No more Perks.

• No more ordinance

• Return of Brutes in campaign.

• The return of hunting for skulls in campaign.

• The return of the Arbiter.(If not in halo 5 do it in Halo 6, The Arbiter is a fan favorite)

• Need to win to Earn EXP. (To make the game more competitive)

• Return of some classic weapons such as Flamethrower, Spiker, SMG, and the Spike Grenade.

• Remove Mantis or at least make them easier to kill. (1 spartan laser shot kill)

• Dedicated Servers

• Custom Game matchmaking (No exp will be earned)(Also for those with no friends to play custom games with. You can either host or join a game. You can filter the game mode whether it is Slayer or Infection.)

• Bring back the Hornet and Falcon

• Descoping while shot instead of flinching.

• No more instant respawn

• Keep Stances but add more.

• No more Joining in sessions in the middle of a game (unless it is the Custom game matchmaking feature I was suggesting)

• Daylight Filter in forge (Night, sunset, Day)

• Make the game take more skill to play.

• Strafe Inertia (Start at max speed.)

• In game emblems need to come back.

• Flag dribbling

• Big team needs to be one playlist with slayer and objective game modes.

• Make Active Camo not scramble your radar. Also make it stay on even if you move. The Halo Reach and 4 Camo promotes camping.

• No more DMR. This gun needs to die. I want close quarters halo back.

• Return of classic gamemodes such as Bomb, Invasion, and Race.

• Halo Clan system

• Better Armor like in Halo Reach

• FireFight and Spartan Ops

• Interactive maps

• Proximity Voice

• No Kill Cams

• Custom games can hold up to 24 people. (Not trying to go overboard)

• Boss Battles.

• Custom Game Bots based on how you and your friends play and you can adjust the difficulty. (Have you ever wondered how it would be like to fight yourself?)

• Give us a beta!!!

I’ve picked out what apply’s to me as a Campaign player

> - Being able to also play as an Elite and Forerunner (They should add a forerunner that is more like a spartan.)
>
> - Classic Halo Theme Song (For Halo veterans who has grown to love the monks)
>
> - No more Sprint
>
> - Return of Brutes in campaign.
>
> - The return of hunting for skulls in campaign.
>
> - The return of the Arbiter.(If not in halo 5 do it in Halo 6, The Arbiter is a fan favorite)
>
> - No more DMR. This gun needs to die. I want close quarters halo back.
>
> - FireFight and Spartan Ops
>
> - Boss Battles.

They really couldn’t make Forerunners which are like Humans I don’t think, as much as I’d like to play as a Forerunner, that’s rather suited for a campaign, non mp spinoff

Wouldn’t mind the old song, but I’ve taken a better liking to the 4’s Soundtrack

I like my sprint, it does wonders

I really don’t want them to bring Brutes back, I really want the Covenant to start being phased out

Yes. I want skull hunting, I want to be able to pick up skulls and be able to beat the crap out of everyone

I don’t want the Arbiter to return, I see no point

I like the DMR, I love it!

Yes, yes, yes, at the end of a SpOps season I could hop into FF!

ehh, battles likes Tartarus, Regret and Spark were just boring, I’d like to face a Harvester though, the Scarabs aren’t too entertaining

Excellent thread, 343 needs to take these ideas and put them into serious consideration.

So basically Halo 3 with a few additions from old and new games?

> So basically Halo 3 with a few additions from old and new games?

No… You can say that about any Halo game… Watch, Halo 4 is basically Halo Reach with a few additions from old and new games.

You are supposed to base a game off of its predecessor not build a complete new game.

You’re right. Nobody asked for it and we didn’t like the randomised AA fights. Sure Reach did it first but we thought Reach was a learning curve for 343 to learn from. Turns out they never listened to the real fans that made It last aa long as it does. Halo 4 is another learning curve… What have they learnt? That people will buy anything with the name ‘Halo’ on it. But it won’t last long… Only thing that’ll make a good halo is looking after the real fans. The guys and girls that don’t care about the little gimmicks.

> > So basically Halo 3 with a few additions from old and new games?
>
> You’re right. Nobody asked for it and we didn’t like the randomised AA fights. Sure Reach did it first but we thought Reach was a learning curve for 343 to learn from. <mark>Turns out they never listened to the real fans</mark> that made It last aa long as it does. Halo 4 is another learning curve… What have they learnt? That people will buy anything with the name ‘Halo’ on it. But it won’t last long… Only thing that’ll make a good halo is looking after the real fans. The guys and girls that don’t care about the little gimmicks.

What makes a fan a ‘real’ fan?

I’m not going to answer that.

Edit: I’ve got a few minutes to spare. Take a poll, look at the public outcry over the past few years with the new and improved “halo” or their diminished population numbers of their number one selling Halo game to date.

Change is good, you’re right… Now chance it back. Or bring us something different. These Load outs, perks and AA are BLAM

> You are supposed to base a game off of its predecessor not build a complete new game.

Official rules stating that please.

>
> No… You can say that about any Halo game… Watch, Halo 4 is basically Halo Reach with a few additions from old and new games.
>
> You are supposed to base a game off of its predecessor not build a complete new game.

Been going on since the first Halo, your going to have to bring out a lot of fresh ideas sooner or later

> > > So basically Halo 3 with a few additions from old and new games?
> >
> > No… You can say that about any Halo game… Watch, Halo 4 is basically Halo Reach with a few additions from old and new games.
> >
> > You are supposed to base a game off of its predecessor not build a complete new game.
>
> Been going on since the first Halo, your going to have to bring out a lot of fresh ideas sooner or later

Yeah I agree, but the entire formula shouldn’t change like it has done.

Evolve it from Halo 3, Not halo 4.

But still require an Infinity Play List w Loadouts and AA for new players.

But main playlist is a Vanilla Playlist, no loadouts, no AA, no Ordnance, and everyone starts with the same weapons.

This would require 2 playlist and each of these play list would have a RANK & Social playlist as well.

Vanilla Play List - you are play as a Spartan II (Master Chief).
Infinity Play List - Play as a Spartan IV.

The Infinity Play list will be a evolved Halo 4.

This should keep everyone happy.

Dual Wielding needs to return, and player count needs to increase to 32 for BTB/Invasion playlist.

And bring back Elites as playable characters.

>
> No… You can say that about any Halo game… Watch, Halo 4 is basically Halo Reach with a few additions from old and new games.
>

I get what you mean, but sadly this is what Bungie did with REACH.
As Halo REACH is far different to Halo 3, it pretty much a whole new game.

If REACH had been Halo 3 evolved, imagine how bloody good Halo 4 would be now.

Unfortunately Halo 4, has evolved from Halo REACH, which is no where near as good as Halo 3.

Halo 2, was a perfect evolution step from Halo CE. Added many cool features, but sadly had many glitches.

Halo 3 evolved from Halo 2. Kept everything that was [perfect and fixed the glitches making Halo 3 the almost perfect game. But still had its faults.

Once the Halo 3 TU was released, Halo 3 was perfect all but 1 thing.
THE BR SPREAD, which was really not that bad.

Halo 4 downfall was that it evolved from REACH. I believe Halo 4 is a great improvement on REACH, but REACH and Halo 4 are not as good as Halo 2/3.

But then this is my opinion.

YES, but a evolved version of Halo 3.

What REACH should had been, but sadly was not.

>
> YES, but a evolved version of Halo 3.
>
> What REACH should had been, but sadly was not.

Exactly! My point exactly!

> - Return of Duel Wielding

It’s best to just leave it in the past. Doesn’t really add anything of depth to the game, and is better replaced by LMG’s like the SAW.

> - Return of Veto system (To make the map rotation less repetitive)

“None of the Above” is better. I hated vetoing in Halo 3 just to end up being forced into something worse.

> - No more loadouts. Instead make it the set game loadouts like in previous Halo games.

Loadouts are honestly fine. The only issue is it goes far beyond primary customization. And I really don’t want to hear another stupid “BR vs DMR” Debate.

> - Armor abilities eliminated unless they were map pickups

The current armor abilities suck, but perhaps 343I will do better next time. Who knows.

> - Remove Mantis or at least make them easier to kill. (1 spartan laser shot kill)

I hated it at first but have come to realize its fine.

> - No more instant respawn

Depends on various other factors, should at least be a game option.

> - Strafe Inertia (Start at max speed.)

Definitely.

> - Big team needs to be one playlist with slayer and objective game modes.

BTB Skirmish is doing fine so far.

> - Make Active Camo not scramble your radar. Also make it stay on even if you move. The Halo Reach and 4 Camo promotes camping.

Return to past Camo.

> - No more DMR. This gun needs to die. I want close quarters halo back.

If you are expecting CQC on gigantic maps, something is wrong.
Gigantic maps are the only ones where the DMR has any effect on CQC.

Haven is still Haven, regardless if someone has a BR or DMR.

The DMR, along with the rest of the sandbox, should be a projectile weapon. But there’s no real reason to remove an accurate weapon from play.

> - Give us a beta!!!

So casuals can whine and ruin the final release, as always. I’m iffy.

> Halo 2, was a perfect evolution step from Halo CE. Added many cool features, but sadly had many glitches.

Rolling eyes

If I had to guess OP starting playing Halo in late 07 or sometime in 08. You’re basically asking for a slightly updated Halo 3. The only thing you asked for that wasn’t in Halo 3 was Blood Gulch and I still question to this day why people enjoyed that open spawn trapping map. EVERY iteration of BG whether it be a remake or spiritual successor was much better than the original BG. It’s almost not even an opinion to be honest. Blood Gulch was notoriously bad for any legitimate gameplay.

Meh, I would have to agree.

Unlike Valhalla, Blood Gulch has no cover guarding the bases. You can easily snipe from one side of the map to the other, right into the enemy’s spawn

I’d like to see an improved clan system. Playlists, ladders, all that. It was also a perk to have that extension of your friends list.

The wretched sprint should be ditched for increases player speed.

Classic gameplay mechanics and beautiful elegant maps that support those mechanics.

Even preset starts. The best team wins

Every power-up or power weapon should be on the map to be fought over. The best team wins

Visible ranks. Not an option

Time to take the dress off Masterchief and give us the hardcore Halo we can be proud of.

The Matchmaking globe from Halo 3.
Better menu music (117, Solace, original monks, Never Forget, anything a bit more soulful, bring back some ODST tunes)
Halo Reach/Halo 3 UI

Katana or some similar sword thing you get for lots of achievements
Better armor, not stupid robot lunchbox power rangers
Bring back all armors from Halo CE-Reach, include the good Halo 4 armors

Old Warthog, plasma pistol, RL, magnum, sniper sounds
Reach or anniversary AR sound

Bots, Bots, BOTS!!!

Theater in all modes, viewable with friends
Terrain editor
More objects for Forge like dead bodies, blood, etc.
Return all Custom Games options from every single Halo, add more
Make FF more survival oriented, have different modes, maybe a progressive type similar to CoD zombies
BRING BACK ALL FF OPTIONS AND ADD MORE

UNSC flying vehicle in MM

Call it “Matchmaking”, not “War Games”
Findable skulls, add new ones too!
Skulls in Spartan Ops
Skulls on multiplayer maps too like in Mythic
More launch maps
Maps with interactive features, like switches and gates
Bring Jetpack back to its Reach glory but ban it as a starting loadout- put on map
Ban Active Camo as a starting loadout- put on map
Bring back old Overshield, Active Camo orbs
BRING BACK CUSTOM POWER UP
Add options for SpOps
Make weapon tuning available to community, hands on

New Mongoose design, I say use the Reach/4 model but put a windshield on it like in 3
New Banshee model, maybe a bit more sleek like the 3 version
Ghost is perfect
Wraith is perfect
Falcon is perfect
Change the Scorpion a bit, maybe a new color or more decals.
Make the Warthog more futuristic looking like in Reach
Redesign the pelican’s wings to be less boxy

Ranked/Social MM
Have 3 Ranks: Visible Trueskill, visible skill rank(H2 and 3), and progressive rank (Reach, Halo 4)
Remove sprint or MAKE IT WORK, either by nerfing it, putting it on the map, or having it as a loadout AA
Faster base movement speed and jump
No OP weapons
DO NOT ALLOW DMR STARTS ON BTB MAPS, IT RUINS VEHICLES AND ANY KIND OF MAP MOVEMENT
No custom classes in competitive MM (For customs, fine)
Drop all of the perks, convert them into Custom games settings
Static weapon spawns
Drop personal ordnance from competitive MM, keep it for customs options

Campaign: bigger battles, more vehicle combat with tons of enemies and vehicles on screen, more enemy types, bring back the Arbiter and all his elites