How to make Halo 5 the best possible experience

So here is my list of things I would like to see changed/improved in the full game to make Halo 5 the best possible game it can be. The point of this beta after all was to get as much feedback as possible to make Halo 5 the best possible game it can be. The list I will post here may seem like I have a lot of complaints but I don’t. I really like the game but I just want to touch on every single thing I think that could improved. I can’t wait for the final game at the end of this year!

• Reduce the amount of medals (remove any medal that isn’t anything special or important, for example remove the kill medal, perfect kill medal and medals that say that you killed someone with a power weapon (sword kill, sniper kill)).- Reduce the amount of Spartan Chatter. I like the idea of Spartan Chatter but things like “Nice Kill” and “Thanks for the assist” are making the game feel less serious.- Reduce the amount of power weapon callouts, we don’t need to hear everything twice- Reduce the amount of medals the announcer says, make him only say important or special medals like Double Kill, Triple Kill, Overkill.- At the beginning of the match the announcer should just say Team Slayer instead of “Control the power weapons to dominate the enemy team”.- Remove the hitmarker pings- Change the sound you hear when you shields are down to something less loud and with a lower frequency.- Aiming with Smartscope should be just as fast as classic zooming, I really don’t like the delay especially on the sniper rifle.- Remove Killcams, it does not fit Halo and I takes away the opportunity to help your teammates.- Remove the respawn music, it is annoying.- Change the Default controllerscheme to something similar to Halo 4’s controller scheme. Currently I’m using Halo 4’s controller scheme and it feels much better and a lot more like Halo than the Default one. The default controller scheme doesn’t feel right.- I would like to see brightness, lightning and darkness changes to the graphics. Certain areas and objects just look too bright or too dark making the game look less beautiful. Something I liked about Halo:Reach’s graphics was the fact that there weren’t many bright or shiny objects making the game art look a lot better.- The color Blue on Spartans does not stand out enough, it is hard to spot them on Eden. Please use less blue on your maps 343.- Don’t add too many remix maps to the game. Personally Regret and Eden feel like less good designed versions of Empire and Truth. I would rather see a bit less maps and more variety in them than having multiple variants of the same map. Each map should feel unique and different.- Remove the power weapon indicators, we now have a hologram showing us what weapon will spawn which is enough to indicate it. I don’t like having a green triangle on my screen when a power weapon is about to spawn.- Add the Halo 2 Anniversary power weapon indicator back on dropped power weapons.- Bring back the option to set matchmaking preferences like in Halo:Reach.- Remove Flinch while shot.- Increase the base movementspeed by 10%.- The matchmaking userinterface should be more similar to Halo:Reach’s matchmaking UI. It was perfect.- Add more Armor Customization options (Arms, Legs, Armor attachments from Reach).- Give us the option to see our last game stats.- Give us the option to see the amount of medals we earned.- Reduce the size and the brightness of the Prophet’s Bane and Energy Sword.- Reduce the DMR Smartscope size- Bring back the black undersuits on Spartans- Remove the wind screens at the highest sprint ( I understand why it’s there but it’s not needed and it’s distracting.- Reduce the accuracy improvements of Smartscope on automatic rifles or remove it- Bring back Custom Emblems- I know we haven’t used the Rocket Launcher yet but I’m sad to see the classic design has been completely removed and changed in a green tube looking too similar to real life launchers.- Make the armor look more like metal instead of plastic, tone down the color a bit.What do you guys think? If you agree make sure to like this post and post your feedback below! Sharing this with 343 is what we want!

Side note:

Personally I would like to the classic zooming return with classic weapondesigns. I’m not very happy to see classic weapondesigns change completely to make them fit smartscope. The Rocket Launcher is one of them. What will happen to the Covenant Carbine or the Plasma Pistol? What about the Shotgun, will Smartscope improve the bullet spread of it? I hope it doesn’t. I understand why 343 added Smartscope but on the other hand it doesn’t feel like it fits the classic designs of the weapons we all know and love. Changing the Rocket Launcher to a green tube is something I dislike a lot, but we will see how it turns out.

EDIT:

• Make the armor look more like metal instead of plastic, tone down the color a bit.

I really would like to know what the rest of the community thinks of this list.

My biggest thing is to fix up the sounds. This game ‘sounds’ so bad to me compared to previous Halo games.

I agree with removing the kill-cams and the re spawn music, I have an extreme dislike for both.

I’d much rather spectate my teammates.

On the other hand, I don’t really like Halo 5, it’s not my kind of thing, and without flaming anybody or screaming at 343 for “ruining halo” I’m probably not the target demographic for this game anymore, the age group and players which its more tailored too will probably really like the kill-cams, sprinting, etc…

So I dunno, I doubt anything will get changed, we can hope I guess.

-No, more medals is better.

-No, Spartan talk is fine, if anything add the option to turn it off. Appease both crowds that way.

-Yes I agree with this, one call out is fine.

-No, medal talk is fine.

-I don’t mind the added detail to how to play the gametype, I can see why it’d be annoying but I don’t mind it.

-No, pings are fine.

-No shield ping alert is fine.

-Meh, doesn’t bother me either way.

-Agreed, kill cams have never had a place here. I always skip them anyway.

-The music is fine, but if it went I wouldn’t care.

-Controls are fine, if anything they should just add custom mapping, appease everyone that way.

-Lighting is fine.

-The Blue is fine.

-Agreed about these ‘Remix’ maps. Its lazy game design, just make proper maps and don’t recylce assets so obviously.

-I don’t mind the green marker, if went though I wouldn’t care.

-No.

-Meh, doesn’t matter. I feel like those never did anything anyway.

-It is being removed.

-No, movement is fine.

-Its fine as is.

-Full game thing.

-Full game thing.

-Full game thing.

-Meh, I don’t use it so I don’t care.

-Again a very meh thing.

-Oh god please no, those were horrid.

-Their fine.

-No, if anything put a slight range nerf.

-Full game thing.

-Meh.

I think I got everything.

The kill cam and music is annoying so that should be done with.

I don’t like the sight for br that should be changed to the halo 2 anniversary cause some times it makes it tough to use at close range.

The lighting and shading make it hard to see sometimes especially when grenades are coming my way.

I don’t know if it’s my internet or the game but I find that sometimes it will not register my head shots even though I’ve shot them in the head a thousand times but it’s not always.

The energy sword and prophets bane are way underpowered when it comes to trying to lung. The lung should be increased like in halo 3.

Also the announcer guy should be like the halo 3 voice.

And the music sucks they need to go back to original halo music.

> 2535425422569841;7:
> Also the announcer guy should be like the halo 3 voice.
>
> And the music sucks they need to go back to original halo music.

I do agree with this 100%

> 2533274913695112;5:
> -No, more medals is better.
>
> -No, Spartan talk is fine, if anything add the option to turn it off. Appease both crowds that way.
>
> -Yes I agree with this, one call out is fine.
>
> -No, medal talk is fine.
>
> -I don’t mind the added detail to how to play the gametype, I can see why it’d be annoying but I don’t mind it.
>
> -No, pings are fine.
>
> -No shield ping alert is fine.
>
> -Meh, doesn’t bother me either way.
>
> -Agreed, kill cams have never had a place here. I always skip them anyway.
>
> -The music is fine, but if it went I wouldn’t care.
>
> -Controls are fine, if anything they should just add custom mapping, appease everyone that way.
>
> -Lighting is fine.
>
> -The Blue is fine.
>
> -Agreed about these ‘Remix’ maps. Its lazy game design, just make proper maps and don’t recylce assets so obviously.
>
> -I don’t mind the green marker, if went though I wouldn’t care.
>
> -No.
>
> -Meh, doesn’t matter. I feel like those never did anything anyway.
>
> -It is being removed.
>
> -No, movement is fine.
>
> -Its fine as is.
>
> -Full game thing.
>
> -Full game thing.
>
> -Full game thing.
>
> -Meh, I don’t use it so I don’t care.
>
> -Again a very meh thing.
>
> -Oh god please no, those were horrid.
>
> -Their fine.
>
> -No, if anything put a slight range nerf.
>
> -Full game thing.
>
> -Meh.
>
> I think I got everything.

I respect your opinion but some of the things I mentioned are definitely more of a fact issue than opinion based. Blue enemies are very hard to spot on the map Eden for example. Also a lot of people dislike the hitmarker pings since it ruins the gunsounds. A lot of people DISLIKE the low shields sound, it is extremely annoying.

In all respect, it sounds like you are not willing to give any critics about the game. Again it is your opinion but a lot of the things I mentioned are things a lot of people agree on in other posts as well.

I definitely agree about the kill cams.
Super buggy and glitch. They ruin the flow of the game and make the game look unpolished.
Just remove them and add a final game-winning kill. I feel that would be perfect, imo.

> 2535425422569841;6:
> I don’t like the sight for br that should be changed to the halo 2 anniversary cause some times it makes it tough to use at close range.

The BR is suppose to be hard to use at close range.

MuscledRMH… What an excellent list! There is literally nothing I do not agree with on that list, and making those changes would drastically improve the game!

I agree with you 100%. I won’t buy the game if they don’t remove most of the high frequency sound effects associated with hit markers, start/stop sprint and zoom.

> 2533274854999879;1:
> So here is my list of things I would like to see changed/improved in the full game to make Halo 5 the best possible game it can be. The point of this beta after all was to get as much feedback as possible to make Halo 5 the best possible game it can be. The list I will post here may seem like I have a lot of complaints but I don’t. I really like the game but I just want to touch on every single thing I think that could improved. I can’t wait for the final game at the end of this year!
>
> Feedback:
>
> - Reduce the amount of medals (remove any medal that isn’t anything special or important, for example remove the kill medal, perfect kill medal and medals that say that you killed someone with a power weapon (sword kill, sniper kill)).
> - Reduce the amount of Spartan Chatter. I like the idea of Spartan Chatter but things like “Nice Kill” and “Thanks for the assist” are making the game feel less serious.
> - Reduce the amount of power weapon callouts, we don’t need to hear everything twice
> - Reduce the amount of medals the announcer says, make him only say important or special medals like Double Kill, Triple Kill, Overkill.
> - At the beginning of the match the announcer should just say Team Slayer instead of “Control the power weapons to dominate the enemy team”.
> - Remove the hitmarker pings
> - Change the sound you hear when you shields are down to something less loud and with a lower frequency.
> - Aiming with Smartscope should be just as fast as classic zooming, I really don’t like the delay especially on the sniper rifle.
> - Remove Killcams, it does not fit Halo and I takes away the opportunity to help your teammates.
> - Remove the respawn music, it is annoying.
> - Change the Default controllerscheme to something similar to Halo 4’s controller scheme. Currently I’m using Halo 4’s controller scheme and it feels much better and a lot more like Halo than the Default one. The default controller scheme doesn’t feel right.
> - I would like to see brightness, lightning and darkness changes to the graphics. Certain areas and objects just look too bright or too dark making the game look less beautiful. Something I liked about Halo:Reach’s graphics was the fact that there weren’t many bright or shiny objects making the game art look a lot better.
> - The color Blue on Spartans does not stand out enough, it is hard to spot them on Eden. Please use less blue on your maps 343.
> - Don’t add too many remix maps to the game. Personally Regret and Eden feel like less good designed versions of Empire and Truth. I would rather see a bit less maps and more variety in them than having multiple variants of the same map. Each map should feel unique and different.
> - Remove the power weapon indicators, we now have a hologram showing us what weapon will spawn which is enough to indicate it. I don’t like having a green triangle on my screen when a power weapon is about to spawn.
> - Add the Halo 2 Anniversary power weapon indicator back on dropped power weapons.
> - Bring back the option to set matchmaking preferences like in Halo:Reach.
> - Remove Flinch while shot.
> - Increase the base movementspeed by 10%.
> - The matchmaking userinterface should be more similar to Halo:Reach’s matchmaking UI. It was perfect.
> - Add more Armor Customization options (Arms, Legs, Armor attachments from Reach).
> - Give us the option to see our last game stats.
> - Give us the option to see the amount of medals we earned.
> - Reduce the size and the brightness of the Prophet’s Bane and Energy Sword.
> - Reduce the DMR Smartscope size
> - Bring back the black undersuits on Spartans
> - Remove the wind screens at the highest sprint ( I understand why it’s there but it’s not needed and it’s distracting.
> - Reduce the accuracy improvements of Smartscope on automatic rifles or remove it
> - Bring back Custom Emblems
> - I know we haven’t used the Rocket Launcher yet but I’m sad to see the classic design has been completely removed and changed in a green tube looking too similar to real life launchers.
> - Make the armor look more like metal instead of plastic, tone down the color a bit.
> What do you guys think? If you agree make sure to like this post and post your feedback below! Sharing this with 343 is what we want!
>
> Side note:
>
> Personally I would like to the classic zooming return with classic weapondesigns. I’m not very happy to see classic weapondesigns change completely to make them fit smartscope. The Rocket Launcher is one of them. What will happen to the Covenant Carbine or the Plasma Pistol? What about the Shotgun, will Smartscope improve the bullet spread of it? I hope it doesn’t. I understand why 343 added Smartscope but on the other hand it doesn’t feel like it fits the classic designs of the weapons we all know and love. Changing the Rocket Launcher to a green tube is something I dislike a lot, but we will see how it turns out.
>
> EDIT:
> - Make the armor look more like metal instead of plastic, tone down the color a bit.

Fully agree with Blod ones

ERROR

Really I just want to be able to go and look at past game stats with the ‘back’ button or something. Also I miss the ‘Top Medals’ list like the one in halo reach! I got an overkill extermination in breakout and no one will know but me…

I also wish the skybox was more gorgeous. But that’s just me complaining.

Otherwise, I’ve been having a lot of fun with this game! Good work 343i.

> 2533274803544208;12:
> MuscledRMH… What an excellent list! There is literally nothing I do not agree with on that list, and making those changes would drastically improve the game!

Glad you agree! Game would improve a lot with these changes indeed :slight_smile:

Please rename this thread “How to make Halo 5 the best possible experience for me, MuscledRMH.”

I applaud not only that you have an opinion - I also applaud your right to have one in the first place.

I despise the “I know how to fix Halo” mentality that leads people to post a laundry list of what they want and don’t want, as if to say that only then will this game work properly, and nobody else’s opinion is valid, and as if 343 should make it their mission on earth to sift through the billions of words in these posts to find THIS ONE POST which contains THE ANSWER.

Great post, agree with almost everything!

> 2533274804898926;3:
> My biggest thing is to fix up the sounds. This game ‘sounds’ so bad to me compared to previous Halo games.

Agreed. At least give us a free ‘iconic sounds pack’, or something similar to that.

> 2535425422569841;7:
> Also the announcer guy should be like the halo 3 voice.
>
> And the music sucks they need to go back to original halo music.

Yeah, Jeff was at the peak of his career in terms of quality back in the Reach/3 days. Hopefully his supremacy with such iconic announcing (IMO) returns for Halo 5’s release.

And since we are supposedly returning to the ark, I agree that we need more of the original trilogy’s soundtracks in the game.