How to make Halo 4 near PERFECT

there is one thing that matters above all, and that is HITSCAN gameplay. non-hitscan gameplay is stone-age FPS gaming where CONNECTION SPEED matters more than SKILL. its abysmal, and unarguable, so lets move on to the MEAT of this post.

OPTIONS / TWEAKING / SHAPE YOUR OWN HALO EXPERIENCE
what do i mean by this?

just how it sounds. what 343 needs to do, in order to GUARANTEE halo 4 is a wide-spread MASSIVE success is ONE SIMPLE THING. give us the OPTIONS to have WHATEVER MECHANICS we want.

these would include, but not be limited to:

Weapons
-weapon traits
-damage (in numbers, with health and shields = numbers also, with options to tweak them)
-rate of fire
-bloom %, if bloom = X, headshot capable = no
-headshot bleedthru yes / no

Melee
-bleedthru POST PATCH HALO 3 melee system
-button combos on / off (double melee, BXR, RRYB, etc.)
-no bleed

and lets get rid of the increments on options, please. im tired of seeing 100%, 110%, 120%, when what you really need is 114%, as an example. let us PICK THE NUMBER, and not go in increments of 10, or 5, or even 2.

343, the MORE OPTIONS you give us, the MORE CHANCE there is for this game to be amazing.the possibilities are endless, and if you give us the tools we need to shape whatever experience we desire, we can make the game play AS WE WANT IT TO PLAY without REQUIRING A TITLE UPDATE FROM YOU GUYS to fix POORLY IMPLEMENTED GLOBALLY-DISTRIBUTED MECHANICS.

You forgot the Campaign, Forge, Firefight and dedicated servers.

Hitscan and more custom game options?

I can dig that.

For halo 4 to be successful it needs to attract people with an amazing story line. the weapons need to be very balanced and original, and the weapons have to be as halo as possible.
then worry about the multiplayer. the halo 1 campaign is epic and the multiplayer was rushed and it was the best thing ever.

I tell you what else it needs, it HAS to run at 60 frames per second-period!

In a modern FPS less then 60fps is unacceptable, if you’re playing on a big HD TV you’ve got no chance on either higher difficulties, or in MP. The motion blur is just to much!

I never realised what a difference it makes till i recently splashed out on a 52" HD TV and played Rage, that’s why i’v been struggling since with Reach and other shooters out there.

It’s not really noticeable on standard def telly’s, but man it makes a huge difference on Large HD TVs.

I also agree with pretty much everyone else on here.

> I tell you what else it needs, it HAS to run at 60 frames per second-period!
>
> In a modern FPS less then 60fps is unacceptable, if you’re playing on a big HD TV you’ve got no chance on either higher difficulties, or in MP. The motion blur is just to much!
>
> I never realised what a difference it makes till i recently splashed out on a 52" HD TV and played Rage, that’s why i’v been struggling since with Reach and other shooters out there.
>
> It’s not really noticeable on standard def telly’s, but man it makes a huge difference on Large HD TVs.
>
> I also agree with pretty much everyone else on here.

no. just no.
(BTW motion blur isnt because of 30FPS its because the weapons etc were animated that way.)

> You forgot the Campaign, Forge, Firefight and dedicated servers.

dedicated servers aren’t always the best option. Players further away from the servers get terrible connections, less players will be online due to the segregation, we wont have a worldwide player base. I don’t think 343 will take this option, at least not until the technology behind it all improves.

> Hitscan and more custom game options?
>
> I can dig that.

It’s not just more custom options, it’s the right ones.

Good post is good.

I’d also like to see things such as custom button mapping. Player “configs” would be absolutely amazing too. Being able to change FoV, force enemy/team player models/colours and being able to tweak with graphical and sound settings would do wonders to competitive play I’d imagine. It’d also be a console first. So there’s innovation for you innovation whiners! :stuck_out_tongue:

>
> In a modern FPS less then 60fps is unacceptable, if you’re playing on a big HD TV you’ve got no chance on either higher difficulties, or in MP. The motion blur is just to much!
>
> I never realised what a difference it makes till i recently splashed out on a 52" HD TV and played Rage, that’s why i’v been struggling since with Reach and other shooters out there.
>
> It’s not really noticeable on standard def telly’s, but man it makes a huge difference on Large HD TVs.
>

The only way a game like Halo would work at 60 FPS would be to make extreme visual downgrades. CoD manages it because it isn’t as detailed or has to render or process as much.

> > I tell you what else it needs, it HAS to run at 60 frames per second-period!
> >
> > In a modern FPS less then 60fps is unacceptable, if you’re playing on a big HD TV you’ve got no chance on either higher difficulties, or in MP. The motion blur is just to much!
> >
> > I never realised what a difference it makes till i recently splashed out on a 52" HD TV and played Rage, that’s why i’v been struggling since with Reach and other shooters out there.
> >
> > It’s not really noticeable on standard def telly’s, but man it makes a huge difference on Large HD TVs.
> >
> > I also agree with pretty much everyone else on here.
>
> The only way a game like Halo would work at 60 FPS would be to make extreme visual downgrades. CoD manages it because it isn’t as detailed or has to render or process as much.

No. The thing that’s keeping Halo at 30 FPS is split screen.

>
>
>
>

60 fps lowers graphical quality way too much with little to no effect on playablity. I know that having HDTV has no effect, I play with a 42" HDTV and see no difference between 30 and 60 FPS. High framerate also comes with the cost of enviroment sizes and amount of special effects, it’s just too big of a sacrifice.

What comes to OP, technically every problem of matchmaking should be fixable with a matchmaking update. There simply should be no need for title updates that take time and money and may not even fix everything. Title updates should mainly focus on bug fixing.

Movement options too need an overhaul. We should be allowed to change the acceleration and deceleration rates.

lolno

I agree with everything except button combos - if they’re intentionally in the game they’ll be pretty easy to use I’d imagine. Plus I can’t see them being implemented as intentional glitches; any developer would want to make them an actual function of gameplay with visible indications such as animations etc.

Sorry, but I just don’t see that one working.

> I agree with everything except button combos - if they’re intentionally in the game they’ll be pretty easy to use I’d imagine. Plus I can’t see them being implemented as intentional glitches; any developer would want to make them an actual function of gameplay with visible indications such as animations etc.
>
> Sorry, but I just don’t see that one working.

No one says button combo’s will be in multiplayer. It is a custom game option so I don’t mind the button combo’s. Even if they were added, as long as they were hard to pull off I don’t see too much of a problem. I mean, I can BxR and BxB on Halo 2, but when ever I try to RRBY I always lose track of my target because they jump or something.

Even as custom options, I can’t see a legitimate reason for 343 to intentionally replicate a glitch without giving it any background or a tutorial of sorts to take it from a glitch to a feature. Especially when they’re working on a different platform with an engine heavily altered through the last iterations of Halo (if they even stick to the current Halo engine).

> there is one thing that matters above all, and that is HITSCAN gameplay. non-hitscan gameplay is stone-age FPS gaming where CONNECTION SPEED matters more than SKILL. its abysmal, and unarguable, so lets move on to the MEAT of this post.
>
> OPTIONS / TWEAKING / SHAPE YOUR OWN HALO EXPERIENCE
> what do i mean by this?
>
> just how it sounds. what 343 needs to do, in order to GUARANTEE halo 4 is a wide-spread MASSIVE success is ONE SIMPLE THING. give us the OPTIONS to have WHATEVER MECHANICS we want.
>
> these would include, but not be limited to:
>
> Weapons
> -weapon traits
> -damage (in numbers, with health and shields = numbers also, with options to tweak them)
> -rate of fire
> -bloom %, if bloom = X, headshot capable = no
> -headshot bleedthru yes / no
>
> Melee
> -bleedthru POST PATCH HALO 3 melee system
> -button combos on / off (double melee, BXR, RRYB, etc.)
> -no bleed
>
> and lets get rid of the increments on options, please. im tired of seeing 100%, 110%, 120%, when what you really need is 114%, as an example. let us PICK THE NUMBER, and not go in increments of 10, or 5, or even 2.
>
> 343, the MORE OPTIONS you give us, the MORE CHANCE there is for this game to be amazing.the possibilities are endless, and if you give us the tools we need to shape whatever experience we desire, we can make the game play AS WE WANT IT TO PLAY without REQUIRING A TITLE UPDATE FROM YOU GUYS to fix POORLY IMPLEMENTED GLOBALLY-DISTRIBUTED MECHANICS.

Customization is NEVER a bad thing, and in the case of Halo, if Halo 4 has 1000x the level of customization of all previous Halos even if the core gameplay isn’t perfect, the community can make it perfect…

I made a post about it a while ago, but what you are suggesting Urza is Individual Weapon Customization. Here is how I see it working:

Weapon:
Weapon Damage:%
Magazine Size: 1-100
Scope: Yes/No 2x-10x
Recoil: 1-10 scale (Yoink! bloom, actual recoil)
Reticle size: 1-10 (ranging from sniper reticle [1] to Rocket reticle [10] in size).
Headshot Capable: Yes/No
There were more but I cannot remember them.

> I agree with everything except button combos - if they’re intentionally in the game they’ll be pretty easy to use I’d imagine. Plus I can’t see them being implemented as intentional glitches; any developer would want to make them an actual function of gameplay with visible indications such as animations etc.
>
> Sorry, but I just don’t see that one working.

well, they would be put in on purpose, and there would be an option to enable or disable them.

they could be as hard, or as easy as 343 wants them to be. hopefully they’ll be as hard as the double shot was in halo 2.

(if you didnt play h2 at all, and double shot with the BR, it is incredibly hard. you cant just pick it up and instantly become a double shotting wizard. you actually have to WORK at it)

things like the BXB, BXR, whatever could all be toggled ‘on / off’ too. so you could use certain button combos but not others, depending on which ones you deem worthy for making gameplay better, and more skill-intensive.

i’d use the BXR and double shot, personally. i wouldnt mind the BXB, either, or the quick reload, or the grenade reload, however.

>

Customization is NEVER a bad thing, and in the case of Halo, if Halo 4 has 1000x the level of customization of all previous Halos even if the core gameplay isn’t perfect, the community can make it perfect…

[/quote]
this. :smiley: