How to make camo well.....not useless!

Instead of making camo an Armor ability why don’t they just do what they do with the overshield make it be on the map. This means less people will get to use camo so you can actually make it rewarding and make it like halo 3’s camo. Don’t make the camo appear on every map though only some!

What do you guys think about this idea?
Do you guys have any better ideas?

I wish but the games already gold. They could add that in the game, which would be awesome imo, but you’ll have to wait a while till new playlists are released

It should literally never have been an AA, because as an AA it will always have to be nerfed a lot to be remotely balanced.

Map pick up would be the way to go.

But then you’d have all the lil kids whining b.c. ‘THEY WANT THE CAMO TOOOOOO!’. The fact you can turn invisible at anytime in multiplayer just blows my -Yoinking!- mind still. It’s the only AA that I just 100% hate. Next to Armor Lock, Camo is the most -Yoink- AA known to MAN! lol. I agree Overshield/Camo should be map pickups that are FOUGHT over… not just given to you at the beginning of the match, think AL is pretty much a souped up Overshield. Camo at spawn… what will they think of next…

Well…if you move full speed with camo you look like a not-so-ghostly ghost, and if you sprint with it active…I’m not sure how you people can complain so much about it.

why does it have to jam radar? just make i invis full speed for 5 secs 20 secs recharge??

Remember when camo was remotely useful and taking someone out with camo was a challenge but a rewarding one? Yeah, I remember that too. Now it is just used for kids with power weapons to sit in corners and wait till you walk by (oh Countdown, the nightmares you have given me). So either is a campers delight or in all other scenarios, mostly useless.

Much prefer being completely invisible despite movement and have the timer be relevantly short and a long recharge time.

Or like you said, make it a power up.

> Instead of making camo an Armor ability why don’t they just do what they do with the overshield make it be on the map. This means less people will get to use camo so you can actually make it rewarding and make it like halo 3’s camo. Don’t make the camo appear on every map though only some!
>
> What do you guys think about this idea?
> Do you guys have any better ideas?

LOL but then how else would I be guaranteed the first shot in almost every encounter hmmmm???

I use camo exclusively in reach and there isnt a single drawback to it. If you are good with it you -Yoink- it to get someones dot on your tracker and then turn it on and can still track it since it never goes away. Also a really great way to move and not hav eyour enemy knwo exactly where you are on the motion tracker. Also camo sniping and simply loitering to blind side enemies is great lol.

But face it. Halo is cursed with these gimmicks called AA’s. Its not going anywhere. Though I dont understand why the Powerup had to go away just cuz it is an AA. Makes 0 sense and I wish it would return.

Yeah but it also jam there own radar, and i can not tell u how many times i assassinations on them cause they could not tell i was coming.

Post this in the Halo 5 Forum, whenever it’s created…

I think making it an AA turned it a lot less useful than it should have been. But whatever…

This is all I need,

Camo should be an ordnance drop like the overshield. Simple as that.

Whatever they do, keep the radar jam. That’s the only way I could tell an invis guy was near me, and you could easily tell which dot was the guy in Halo: Reach on the radar since it appeared brightest and the jam centered around it. And make it so that camo drains faster when standing still, to prevent invis sniping.

> Camo should be an ordnance drop like the overshield. Simple as that.

I agree.

And camo was useless in Reach? I strongly disagree, I think it was one of the best armor abilities to use, might even say bit overpowered.

After playing ONE match of Crysis 2 multiplayer, you start to have a sort of camophobia.

I’ve never had a problem dealing with it, and it’s probably the most usefull tool to deal with an entire team of jetpackers

> why does it have to jam radar? just make i invis full speed for 5 secs 20 secs recharge??

It doesn’t jam radar any longer, FYI.

> > why does it have to jam radar? just make i invis full speed for 5 secs 20 secs recharge??
>
> It doesn’t jam radar any longer, FYI.

It doesn’t jam your radar or their radar or both?

I think there should be two cloaks.
One a Halo CE quality power up, like what OP is suggestion, and then the other one is the weak armor ability, it fades when you move, and if you fire your rifle, or shot, it disables the cloak.