How to keep Marines and allies alive...?

Im not a newb here but i have always struggled with keeping my marines alive. Ive watched others play on utube and heard some of u guys talk about keeping em alive until the end of the level quite often… is there a strategy behind this or am i just that bad… please help

> Im not a newb here but i have always struggled with keeping my marines alive. Ive watched others play on utube and heard some of u guys talk about keeping em alive until the end of the level quite often… is there a strategy behind this or am i just that bad… please help

For Halo Anniversary? I don’t remember it having an achievement for that. I think Halo 4 did. If you need help, find a coop partner. Yeah, skill is involved.

ah ok. yeah im not looking to get an achievement or anything like that i just was wondering if im missing something cuz my guys seem to die off pretty quickly… maybe there a strategy that im not following or something…??

Marines will tend to stay behind you a short distance, waiting until your 30-ish feet ahead of them to run up to you, then repeat the process. Use the advantage and stay far enough ahead to take out the important enemies (anyone with a needler, since the AI don’t have shields), like Sangheili or Jiralhanae or obviously Hunters. They can’t really take out Jackals very well either, so pretty much you just have to do all the work unless you give the AI power weapons like a rocket launcher, which they have infinite ammo and are fairly proficient with.

> unless you give the AI power weapons like a rocket launcher, which they have infinite ammo and are fairly proficient with.

The problem is there is no weapon trading in CEA.

OP, Marines tend to die very easily, specially on this game. To keep the alive, you have to get far ahead of them and finish the job before they catch up to you. In 343 Guilty Spark is way more difficult as Flood attack your group from behind and thelittle Infection forms swarms just wreck your marines if you give them the chance. I think in this mission there are around 11 at the end. The highest number I got to the tower was 7.

Good luck!

> Im not a newb here but i have always struggled with keeping my marines alive. Ive watched others play on utube and heard some of u guys talk about keeping em alive until the end of the level quite often… is there a strategy behind this or am i just that bad… please help

You can’t technically. They all die when the ring explodes anyway.On a serious note: Not keeping them alive says nothing about your skill. In fact it sometimes is a lot more helpful for them to die or not do anything but get into a warthog’s turret or passenger seat and start gunning. than it is for them to survive. Especially in the newer games in which letting them drive is a bad thing.

> > Im not a newb here but i have always struggled with keeping my marines alive. Ive watched others play on utube and heard some of u guys talk about keeping em alive until the end of the level quite often… is there a strategy behind this or am i just that bad… please help
>
> For Halo Anniversary? I don’t remember it having an achievement for that. I think Halo 4 did. If you need help, find a coop partner. Yeah, skill is involved.

OP said nothing about an achievement. Some people actually care about a game for the sake of the game, not for a number by their gamertag.

The achievement you’re thinking of is Beachhead. The achievement requires you have no marine casualties when you storm the beach in the very beginning of the level Silent Cartographer. I’ll admit marines are rather difficult to keep alive. When the game was originally created the AI weren’t that smart. In Halo Anniversary the only things the game hasn’t changed Halo physics (indestructible vehicles, jump height, overpowered pistol, etc.). Halo Anniversary is just a graphically polished Halo Combat Evolved so the AI will behave the same as they originally did. I remember when I played Halo 2 and I’d give a Marine a rocket launcher. Minutes later they’d end up killing me with it. Don’t be worried constantly worried about the survival of your Marines. What I’d recommend is having the Bandana skull, which provides infinite ammo including grenades, and take your time. Have a pistol handy to take out enemies from far range and constantly spam enemies with grenades. One more thing: don’t be worried about skill. It’s just a game and nobody’s going to be judging based on how long you took to complete the Maw or how many times you died on the Library. We’ve all been there. Plus there’s one thing that Master Chief had that separated him from the other marines: luck. :slight_smile: