How to improve Warzone

Warzone is admittedly a very fun, exciting and tense gametype. However, I find that it has one easily noticable, and moderately gamechanging flaw.

Warzone focuses on capturing bases, killing enemy spartans, killing bosses, and killing AI. It also has a very unique weapon system. The REQ system. Player kills, AI kills, boss kills, base captures and assists all count towards increasing your REQ level, starting off with one, and going up to nine.

However, the fastest way to increase your REQ level is simply by killing other players. And this creates a problem. Skilled players will be able to quickly level, whilst unskilled players will level very slowly. At first, the advantage may be small, however the snowball effect quickly comes into play. Before you know it, unskikked players are on REQ level 4, and skilled players are REQ level 6. The skilled players now have access to high powered weapons, and the lower skilled players have moderate weapons. This may seem fair, but it can easily make people stop playing Halo. No one likes being destroyed.

This system also discourages boss kills, and playing the objective. There is a solution to this problem.

Right now, your REQ level is tied to your kills (and everything else). By tying it to the length of the match, you ensure that everyone can get a BR at the same time, everyone can get Sniper Rifles and Rocket launchers at the same time, so on and so forth.

This will still allow skilled players to dominate the other team, it will, however, make more people go to bosses, and will leave room for more tactical thinking, as instead of calling in a tank or wraith at REQ level 5, you might call in a plasma pistol to take out the enemy vehicles.

This will inevitably create a fairer playing field. This video sums it up well.

For a TL;DR This video sums it up well.

I always thought medal announcements would make it better/more interesting. They do need to do some sort of revision for Warzone though, I’m not quite sure what though. I think the whole using both full ammo reserves to take down a boss, then having to get ammo again just to have that boss killed by the other team is infuriating. I know I could just hang back like many people do, then blast them when they’re low, but it just feels wrong.

Well actually the fastest way to boost your REQ is boss kills.
I never go for bosses but only for spartans (i most of the times I’m in top 5 of most kills) and REQ up slower than my GF cuz shes goin for bosses. So your agument is invalid.
She can call in a DMR when i’m still stuck to the BR even though i got 20 kills and she 5, cuz of bosses/capturing

I think the system as it is now is pretty balanced.

(+ you could always go for random spawns that give you something ABOVE your actual REQ energy lvl)

I think it would be kind of cool to be able to select a few reqs prior to the match that you can use anytime. Kind of how titanfall works with burn cards.

The boss killing I personally think needs to be revised. Because your team can do all the work and someone can come flying in with a pistol and get the last shot and take the points.

More varied bosses. Brutes, drones, Elites with swords and concussion rifles.

PvE Warzone!

I like how it is as is… If I could improve war zone it would be by bosses spawning in at more random locations and more enemy AI dropping in. I have always thought it would be so cool if covie drop pods enter the battle at random times and locations.

> 2533274841313387;6:
> The boss killing I personally think needs to be revised. Because your team can do all the work and someone can come flying in with a pistol and get the last shot and take the points.

I love that bosses can be stolen. Yeah it sucks when it happens to you but super sweet when you steal them

> 2533274800438887;7:
> More varied bosses. Brutes, drones, Elites with swords and concussion rifles.
>
> PvE Warzone!

If we had pve warzone where I could use my reqs I would be so happy.

Nice job on the video. Very well explained. I’m sure there will be many different reactions to your recommendation. Personally, I like it.

The only real flaw in Warzone is the boss kill system. It gets real tiring when your entire team is putting everything they have into a boss (you know, actually making an effort to win the match), only for some -Yoink- on the other team to Splaser the boss for the kill even though his teammates are preoccupied with spawning an endless stream of Ultra Ghosts and ONI Hogs for the sole purpose of being nuisances. I REALLY wish this issue would be addressed.

> 2533274852681222;12:
> The only real flaw in Warzone is the boss kill system. It gets real tiring when your entire team is putting everything they have into a boss (you know, actually making an effort to win the match), only for some -Yoink- on the other team to Splaser the boss for the kill even though his teammates are preoccupied with spawning an endless stream of Ultra Ghosts and ONI Hogs for the sole purpose of being nuisances. I REALLY wish this issue would be addressed.

Maybe because it isn’t a issue? You can spawn all these vehicles but you cant just expect to get the boss because of it. I suggest you spawn your own splaser and wait for the opportunity yourself if you don’t won’t it stolen.

add custom loadouts for req levels.
gets old switching to Br at 3 and smg at 4 everytime. rather just spawn in fully equip per req level.