how to improve console rts

simple alterations to improve halo wars 2:

• make ‘random all’ secret for the opponent, theres no advantage to it right now

• severe penalty points for resigning

• weekly/ monthly videos on strategy and builds - too many generals are terrible … and as for recruits… starting build: reactor reactor rofl

• more 3v3 maps & free dlc maps

• cloud of war needs tweeking

• double the development time to test the game and fix bugs- tutorial/ campaign to show people how to play covenant

• force players to play halo wars 24-48 hours before being allowed to play multiplayer - this will solve new account creation and teach the ‘new people’ what a supply pad is.

> simple alterations to improve halo wars 2:
>
> - make ‘random all’ secret for the opponent, theres no advantage to it right now
>
> - severe penalty points for resigning
>
> - weekly/ monthly videos on strategy and builds - too many generals are terrible … and as for recruits… starting build: reactor reactor rofl
>
> - more 3v3 maps & free dlc maps
>
> - cloud of war needs tweeking
>
> - double the development time to test the game and fix bugs- tutorial/ campaign to show people how to play covenant
>
> - force players to play halo wars 24-48 hours before being allowed to play multiplayer - this will solve new account creation and teach the ‘new people’ what a supply pad is.

ummmm… why do new people need to play the campaign and skirmish so much before multiplayer? sounds to me your just pissed you got paired with a person new to the game recently in a 3v3 or 2v2

>
> - make ‘random all’ secret for the opponent, theres no advantage to it right now
>
>
> - weekly/ monthly videos on strategy and builds - too many generals are terrible … and as for recruits… starting build: reactor reactor rofl
>
>
>
> - double the development time to test the game and fix bugs- tutorial/ campaign to show people how to play covenant
>
> - force players to play halo wars 24-48 hours before being allowed to play multiplayer - this will solve new account creation and teach the ‘new people’ what a supply pad is.

Random all - there is no adcantage to picking anyone at this point. You can know what anyone is once in game, but it should be once you scout.

Penalty points for resigning - what if i resign after a 2 hour game? I still get a penalty?

Generals are terrible - rank has nothing to do with skill in this game. Rank also has nothing to do with who you get matched up against, so who cares.

3v3 maps - id like the current maps to be improved. This goes more with the idea that unit pathing and interference boxes are so terrible. Tanks routinely play 3 stooges on the countless choke points on every map (1v1 and 2v2 also)

double development time - more like infinite more development time. No good rts is made over night. Starcraft recieved years and years of balance before it was released, then continued to be shaped by the community exhausting all possibilities. Halo Wars could still do that, their just isnt a support team looking hard enough at games to make reasonable balance changes.

24-48 hours pre online play - rediculous. Their is TrueSkill for a reason. The terrible players get palced against terrible players, so who cares.

Halo Wars 2 really needs to look at the following:

Better units pathing and collision - as of now its terrible. Units constantly obstruct eachother (elephants/cobras lockdown is the worst)

Pacing the game better - as of now, there is little use for infantry when higher tech units can be obtained so fast. Banshees and tanks are cheap and easy to get to, so much that it cancel’s the need for infantry

lol they were two of the least-informed responses I have ever read. i was merely listing some simple changes … & thats a lot of the reasons why low intelligence people (like yourselves) never stayed long on the original halo wars forums because you were wrung out either by the moderator or other members. ts doesnt match players of similar skill because not enough people play, what about UA?! neither of you have even understood my points so theres no point in me addressing either of you.

lol i proposed that the developers should post up strat and build guides to help players - of all ranks - improve and its a fair point i believe… yet you start ranting about ‘‘rank general mean nothing regarding skill’’. my opinion is that players should be forced to play the game in campaign/ skirmish before fouling up multiplayer with their one supply pad- three barracks - advanced reactor - four turrets pathetic builds.

come back when you have passed fourth grade english. thanks

>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I don’t like your last idea, not being able to play on my new qp IVasty qp account would be annoying.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>

How do you intend to fix the fact that even 90% of those who have reached the rank of general still suck?

And another point, it’s called ‘fog of war’ not “Cloud of war” :stuck_out_tongue: lol but your right it does need tweaking, the last game i played, i could see a patch of the map outside the enemy base despite the fact none of my team had any units in the area…came in handy though as i saw the rather large collection of tanks the enemy was gathering that sorta helped me decide what units to use

There are a ton of glitches hat need to be fixed. Vortex while moving over impassable terrain glitch (2 ways to do), Arby Rage glitch, Arby taking no damage from another Arby glitch, Arby not become visible when attacking with Ghastly Vision, unlimited canister shells, boosting while shooting glitch, stasis from across the map, checking for turret glitch, pelican exploit, unkillable scouting protector glitch on Labyrinth, 3v1,4v2, and 5v1 with bases on top of each other (private matches)…There’s too many to count!!! Halo Wars definitely needed more time in the testing phase.

As for some additions to a possible Halo Wars 2:

Seeing everyone’s leader on the loading screen would be nice. Especially in a 1v1, your first building often depends on your opponent’s leader and the map. If both leaders were shown on the loading screen, you would have a few seconds to decide what you are going to build first instead of being a few seconds behind on your building because you have to check who your opponent is.

Create a Spectator Mode for private games and if possible for matchmaking too. Of course for matchmaking, the person playing would have to let you watch them.

Create a Theater where you can watch your matches again and possibly post them online for others to watch. Not everybody has a capture card.

Replace the cyclops with a different unit for Forge. Every single unit in Halo Wars can be used in some game type at some time except for the cyclops. Even the vulture or scarab could be used to break a turtle. A cyclops really though adds nothing to a competitive game. Anders has the gremlin which makes her very strong against UNSC and Cutter’s elephant can give him a big edge on maps like Blood River and Chasms. Forge actually needs a special unit that has some purpose.

> There are a ton of glitches hat need to be fixed. Vortex while moving over impassable terrain glitch (2 ways to do), Arby Rage glitch, Arby taking no damage from another Arby glitch, Arby not become visible when attacking with Ghastly Vision, unlimited canister shells, boosting while shooting glitch, stasis from across the map, checking for turret glitch, pelican exploit, unkillable scouting protector glitch on Labyrinth, 3v1,4v2, and 5v1 with bases on top of each other (private matches)…There’s too many to count!!! Halo Wars definitely needed more time in the testing phase.
>
>
> As for some additions to a possible Halo Wars 2:
>
> Seeing everyone’s leader on the loading screen would be nice. Especially in a 1v1, your first building often depends on your opponent’s leader and the map. If both leaders were shown on the loading screen, you would have a few seconds to decide what you are going to build first instead of being a few seconds behind on your building because you have to check who your opponent is.
>
> Create a Spectator Mode for private games and if possible for matchmaking too. Of course for matchmaking, the person playing would have to let you watch them.
>
> Create a Theater where you can watch your matches again and possibly post them online for others to watch. Not everybody has a capture card.
>
> Replace the cyclops with a different unit for Forge. Every single unit in Halo Wars can be used in some game type at some time except for the cyclops. Even the vulture or scarab could be used to break a turtle. A cyclops really though adds nothing to a competitive game. Anders has the gremlin which makes her very strong against UNSC and Cutter’s elephant can give him a big edge on maps like Blood River and Chasms. Forge actually needs a special unit that has some purpose.

I agree, seeing leaders before the game starts would be nice. And a theater mode. And baskets is right, too, the in-game tutorials are horrible, though 24 hours of campaign before you could play online would be brutal and probably turn a lot of people away…

I disagree about the cyclops though. I use them legit in MM.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>

LOL Leave it to the noobs to think they know how to fix the game. Have you even played any other RTS games on console? Then you would know that random is the same in other RTS games as well. And Halo Wars is the best a RTS on console can do, so all they need to do is add to it, not make it easier. =)

> > simple alterations to improve halo wars 2:
> >
> > - make ‘random all’ secret for the opponent, theres no advantage to it right now
> >
> > - severe penalty points for resigning
> >
> > - weekly/ monthly videos on strategy and builds - too many generals are terrible … and as for recruits… starting build: reactor reactor rofl
> >
> > - more 3v3 maps & free dlc maps
> >
> > - cloud of war needs tweeking
> >
> > - double the development time to test the game and fix bugs- tutorial/ campaign to show people how to play covenant
> >
> > - force players to play halo wars 24-48 hours before being allowed to play multiplayer - this will solve new account creation and teach the ‘new people’ what a supply pad is.
>
> LOL Leave it to the noobs to think they know how to fix the game. Have you even played any other RTS games on console? Then you would know that random is the same in other RTS games as well. And Halo Wars is the best a RTS on console can do, so all they need to do is add to it, not make it easier. =)

No it’s not LOL. Have you even played any other console RTS? lets take C&C for example… if someone picks random, the opponent cannot tell who they are until they scout… this is actually a good idea for halowars. it would encourage more random all play.

i love being called a noob on waypoint by 25 minute grizzly players.

i think the biggest priority would be to post weekly strategy guides directly to the ingame menu so that players know what to do.
pathfinding is terrible as well

theatre is another good idea that everyone would like

> There are a ton of glitches hat need to be fixed. Vortex while moving over impassable terrain glitch (2 ways to do), Arby Rage glitch, Arby taking no damage from another Arby glitch, Arby not become visible when attacking with Ghastly Vision, unlimited canister shells, boosting while shooting glitch, stasis from across the map, checking for turret glitch, pelican exploit, unkillable scouting protector glitch on Labyrinth, 3v1,4v2, and 5v1 with bases on top of each other (private matches)…There’s too many to count!!! Halo Wars definitely needed more time in the testing phase.
>
>
> As for some additions to a possible Halo Wars 2:
>
> Seeing everyone’s leader on the loading screen would be nice. Especially in a 1v1, your first building often depends on your opponent’s leader and the map. If both leaders were shown on the loading screen, you would have a few seconds to decide what you are going to build first instead of being a few seconds behind on your building because you have to check who your opponent is.
>
> Create a Spectator Mode for private games and if possible for matchmaking too. Of course for matchmaking, the person playing would have to let you watch them.
>
> Create a Theater where you can watch your matches again and possibly post them online for others to watch. Not everybody has a capture card.
>
> Replace the cyclops with a different unit for Forge. Every single unit in Halo Wars can be used in some game type at some time except for the cyclops. Even the vulture or scarab could be used to break a turtle. A cyclops really though adds nothing to a competitive game. Anders has the gremlin which makes her very strong against UNSC and Cutter’s elephant can give him a big edge on maps like Blood River and Chasms. Forge actually needs a special unit that has some purpose.

cyclopses do work in reinforcements… 3* cyclops waves can win you the game.

Non-Fixed Bases!!!

That would make me -Yoink- in my own face!

Playlists should be split into TS ranges. This way I don’t have to play randoms and people won’t derank boost because high TS account wouldn’t be able to play together. However higher TS players should be able to play in lower TS tiers so they can play together. They should not get TS for playing in lower TS playlists though.

How about a 10 second leader choice screen where it shows what your enemies are currently selecting. Practical? No. Hilarious? Yes. Oh, I can just see everyone changing to the arbiter at the last second already. He would be the Hayabusa/Sub Zero of Halo Wars.

> And baskets is right, too, the in-game tutorials are horrible, though 24 hours of campaign before you could play online would be brutal and probably turn a lot of people away…
>
> I disagree about the cyclops though. I use them legit in MM.

Two words: Practice. League.

Though I grant you that isn’t much better, it’s definitely something

> Playlists should be split into TS ranges. This way I don’t have to play randoms and people won’t derank boost because high TS account wouldn’t be able to play together. However higher TS players should be able to play in lower TS tiers so they can play together. They should not get TS for playing in lower TS playlists though.

wouldnt work, because how would low true skill players ever get ts if they are only matched with low ts? if there was going to be a tiered system, u would have to make it based on rank.

if there is a next game, there needs to be a much stronger support system for new/terrible players. video guides/ tutorials/ lots of forwarding to a community site

It would work baskets, people aren’t supposed to be matched against higher TS people, if they play against people of their own TS they would go up.

> > simple alterations to improve halo wars 2:
> >
> > - make ‘random all’ secret for the opponent, theres no advantage to it right now
> >
> > - severe penalty points for resigning
> >
> > - weekly/ monthly videos on strategy and builds - too many generals are terrible … and as for recruits… starting build: reactor reactor rofl
> >
> > - more 3v3 maps & free dlc maps
> >
> > - cloud of war needs tweeking
> >
> > - double the development time to test the game and fix bugs- tutorial/ campaign to show people how to play covenant
> >
> > - force players to play halo wars 24-48 hours before being allowed to play multiplayer - this will solve new account creation and teach the ‘new people’ what a supply pad is.
>
> Random all - there is no adcantage to picking anyone at this point. You can know what anyone is once in game, but it should be once you scout.
>
> Penalty points for resigning - what if i resign after a 2 hour game? I still get a penalty?
>
> Generals are terrible - rank has nothing to do with skill in this game. Rank also has nothing to do with who you get matched up against, so who cares.
>
> 3v3 maps - id like the current maps to be improved. This goes more with the idea that unit pathing and interference boxes are so terrible. Tanks routinely play 3 stooges on the countless choke points on every map (1v1 and 2v2 also)
>
> double development time - more like infinite more development time. No good rts is made over night. Starcraft recieved years and years of balance before it was released, then continued to be shaped by the community exhausting all possibilities. Halo Wars could still do that, their just isnt a support team looking hard enough at games to make reasonable balance changes.
>
> 24-48 hours pre online play - rediculous. Their is TrueSkill for a reason. The terrible players get palced against terrible players, so who cares.
>
> _____________________________
>
> Halo Wars 2 really needs to look at the following:
>
> Better units pathing and collision - as of now its terrible. Units constantly obstruct eachother (elephants/cobras lockdown is the worst)
>
> Pacing the game better - as of now, there is little use for infantry when higher tech units can be obtained so fast. Banshees and tanks are cheap and easy to get to, so much that it cancel’s the need for infantry

“improper movement” is usually due to lack of micro skills, and infranty are slow units that would make the game rather dull.

covenant need a tutorial

strategy help from developers