How to Implement Full Armor Customization

So I thought about all these updates, and I’m still hoping they could change part of it so we can have full armor customization.

Viewing the current UI, you have: armor, helmet, visor, colors.

The “new” UI that includes the extra parts of spartan customization will look the same, but with one difference. Next to Armor there would be a button (x) that says next to it, press to modify current armor.

From here is where the changes begin. Now, you’ll see the spartan and a list that reads, Chest, forearms, legs, right shoulder, left shoulder. When someone selects an option, what they then see is all the armor cards again, but only the piece they are modifying is highlighted. So if they select chest, then all armor cards appear grey except the chest pieces, which appear as they should. This way players know what they are changing, but are also aware of the armor set it’s a part of, so if the player has a harder time recognizing the individual piece, but knew what armor it came from, they could see it all.

I think this system would be a could way to implement full armor customization, and actually cratering to the 2 crowds: Those who just want it simple and just slap on a set, or those who want to change more of it up to be more unique and the like.

Leme know what you think, I dunno if they’ll do it, but I’d like to entertain the idea anyway.

> 2533274944987339;1:
> So I thought about all these updates, and I’m still hoping they could change part of it so we can have full armor customization.
>
> Viewing the current UI, you have: armor, helmet, visor, colors.
>
> The “new” UI that includes the extra parts of spartan customization will look the same, but with one difference. Next to Armor there would be a button (x) that says next to it, press to modify current armor.
>
> From here is where the changes begin. Now, you’ll see the spartan and a list that reads, Chest, forearms, legs, right shoulder, left shoulder. When someone selects an option, what they then see is all the armor cards again, but only the piece they are modifying is highlighted. So if they select chest, then all armor cards appear grey except the chest pieces, which appear as they should. This way players know what they are changing, but are also aware of the armor set it’s a part of, so if the player has a harder time recognizing the individual piece, but knew what armor it came from, they could see it all.
>
> I think this system would be a could way to implement full armor customization, and actually cratering to the 2 crowds: Those who just want it simple and just slap on a set, or those who want to change more of it up to be more unique and the like.
>
> Leme know what you think, I dunno if they’ll do it, but I’d like to entertain the idea anyway.

You make a compelling statement and a good point

I whould love to have real armor customization in Halo 5, but I don´t think this is gonna happen…

Also, regarding OP idea, it seems not all armor parts are swappable with others, as they were designed as a whole unit…

I like this but don’t see it getting changed. I don’t know the reason/s for keeping it out after allowing it in 4 (which I loved) but surely theres a solid reason the game didnt come this way. I said solid, not something I agree with. It could be due to them wanting money from the micro transactions. With more choices to customize we all would feel less of a pull to keep playing and or paying for unlocks.

Or maybe it has something to do with how much stuff is in game already and that stuff drawing on the way the game runs? I personally think that’s why split screen is gone. It’s been gone from the last 3 FPS games that have come out on the X one, Titanfall/Destiny/Halo 5. Titanfall and Destiny were limited by the old gen systems that they had to dumb the game down for. I don’t know if this is a possible problem for halo as I don’t know if it’s on 360 but it is a trend Ive noticed with FPS games on the new tech.

You sir stole the words right out my mouth. I for one would love to swap parts around and all that, but alas 343 have not as of yet given me reason to thank they will.

I don’t think they need to go that far to change it, but it would at least be nice if the armors that came with certain details on them (like there are a few that have lines on the chest pieces that are permanent, set colors) you could press a button to at least change the colors of those details. So it would basically be like having a third color option for the details on certain armors.

> 2535436194833899;6:
> I don’t think they need to go that far to change it, but it would at least be nice if the armors that came with certain details on them (like there are a few that have lines on the chest pieces that are permanent, set colors) you could press a button to at least change the colors of those details. So it would basically be like having a third color option for the details on certain armors.

They did that to make the grind more real. Yeah I got that Viper armor that I wanted, but it has a crap color scheme so now Im still grinding for the standard version.

I’m not entirely sure about this, so correct me if I’m wrong, but I think they need a whole playable character model for every single armor combination, so just adding the ability to mix and match body parts isn’t as simple as people think. For example, on Halo 3 (I can’t remember the amount of armor variants, so I’m going guess) You have 13 heads, 10 shoulders and 9 bodies. That’s 13 x 10 x 10 x 9 which is 11,700 combinations. That’s quite a lot of memory spent on just character models. Halo 5 has around 175 helmets and 175 bodies, meaning 30,625 character models. Even if you just had the halo 3 customisation options, that’s 175 x 175 x 175 x 175 meaning 937,890,625 different spartan models (A hell of a lot of memory). In my opinion, having the armor take up 30,000 times the space on my xbox isn’t worth it, especially as most people will just use complete sets anyway.

I think just Shoulder customization would already be too much for 343

More colors and a black undersuit option (or just have them black as default) would be nice though

If we had a full body customization this game might actually have REQ packs have some value

> 2535444514514634;10:
> If we had a full body customization this game might actually have REQ packs have some value

then their MTS profits would sore! win win for everyone

> 2533274802103078;8:
> I’m not entirely sure about this, so correct me if I’m wrong, but I think they need a whole playable character model for every single armor combination, so just adding the ability to mix and match body parts isn’t as simple as people think. For example, on Halo 3 (I can’t remember the amount of armor variants, so I’m going guess) You have 13 heads, 10 shoulders and 9 bodies. That’s 13 x 10 x 10 x 9 which is 11,700 combinations. That’s quite a lot of memory spent on just character models. Halo 5 has around 175 helmets and 175 bodies, meaning 30,625 character models. Even if you just had the halo 3 customisation options, that’s 175 x 175 x 175 x 175 meaning 937,890,625 different spartan models (A hell of a lot of memory). In my opinion, having the armor take up 30,000 times the space on my xbox isn’t worth it, especially as most people will just use complete sets anyway.

To argue your point, Spartans as far as in game models are concerned, are just carrying pieces of existing models. They don’t have to model every individual combination of Spartan. So saying it’s gonna tear apart our game is actually not that big a deal. Sure you’d have to separate all existing armor, but other than having to now name every piece or assembly rather than just the set itself, you aren’t adding anything to the game as far as extra content, just giving us more options with existing content.

That would be awesome. I dislike the fact that we were teased with full customization in Reach and 4 but now we’re very limited. I especially hate that I can’t even customize my emblem aside from color much less having to unlock them is just ridiculous to me…

Soo just like reach? good idea, I like it

It’s an overly complicated solution to something that wasn’t a problem in the first place. And it doesn’t address the actual reason 343 moved away from Halo 3 through Halo 4 iterations of customization.

I like how you think, & it sounds a LOT like the customization of Reach. (which is a good thing in my opinion)

> 2533274805497312;15:
> It’s an overly complicated solution to something that wasn’t a problem in the first place. And it doesn’t address the actual reason 343 moved away from Halo 3 through Halo 4 iterations of customization.

Well, can you tell me what the their reason is? Any how is it complicated? It’s just basically a hidden Halo 4 armory Menu in the existing one. SO those people who just are content with choosing a set can do that. The extra menu is deeper and is to modify the set you are wearing by changing out pieces with other existing sets. I’m not saying to add armor mods like hip attachments and wrist attachments and etc. Just give us the option to mix pieces (legs, forearms, chest, etc.) from all these existing sets with others.