"How To Halo" HCS YouTube Series, GET BETTER! :)

INTRO

Hi all, first of all, sorry if this post is in the wrong thread, if it is, please move it for me. But anyways…

I’m starting a YouTube series called “How to Halo”, (ik, super original). I want to help people improve in the HCS world. I’ve been playing Halo for about 10 years now and I consider myself above average. I’m definitely not a pro but I do believe I can help people improve. Especially those in the lower ranks. (Not that ranks and skill always correlate.)

The series is going to be me reviewing gameplays, and giving people tips on how they can improve. Reviewing my own gameplay occasionally is the main way I’ve improved myself over the years, and it’s definitely something you can do too, but it’s always good to have someone else do it as well.

As of right now I have no capture card, so I’ll be using the Xbox DVR, and my videos will be concise, due to it’s time restrictions.

Like I said, it’s gonna be a YouTube series, so if you have a problem with being critiqued publicly, don’t submit. Sorry, this could change in the future though, could change within an hour of me posting this, who knows. If anything, in the e-mail, (explained below), say something like “hey if you ever decide to review games privately, here’s one for you.”

BASIC GAMEPLAY SUBMISSION TIPS/RULES

Please don’t submit any unfair gameplays, whether that’s your whole team getting outmatched, just one person, and especially you specifically. No goose eggs, no negative 25’s, no gameplays of you losing a slayer 50-9, or getting 3-0’d in CTF in under 2 minutes. Or if it’s the other way around and you’re on the team winning 50-9. I will not review the game if this is what it looks like. It will not help you improve. (You, or the players on your team, need to improve against people their own skill or a little bit better, before taking these players on, if you’re losing games against them that bad.)

Please don’t submit any gameplays that include players quitting. If a player quits in the final seconds of the game or something, please note it in your submission, otherwise I’ll see that someone quit and I won’t review it.

If you want the most value out of your review, I’d recommend submitting a gameplay of you losing, but BARELY. That way I can give you tips to help you improve and win next time. :wink: Or I’d recommend you submit a game where you didn’t do too hot, but like I said, weren’t completely outmatched. A game where you and everyone on your team was trying your absolute hardest, you had callouts, etc.

And if you’re on an HCS team, definitely submit a gameplay of your team playing against another team.

NOTE: If I think you won’t get much value out of the gameplay you submit, I may let you know if I found one better that’d be okay to review with your permission, or ask you to find a better one.

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR GAMEPLAY: STEP-BY-STEP

Step 1: Go to halowaypoint.com, click log in at the top right. Log in.

Step 2: Click the magnifying glass in the top right and search for the gamertag your gameplay is under.

Step 3: Under “User Profile” to the right, click “View Service Record” > “Halo 5: Guardians”

Step 4: Click “Game History” at the bottom of the banner at the top, or to the bottom left of your spartan model.

Step 5: Scroll for the gameplay you’re looking to submit, to filter and get quicker results, at the bottom right of the top banner, you can click “Arena v”.

NOTE: ONLY SUBMIT A GAMEPLAY THAT IS UNDER A WEEK OLD, 343 STOPS SAVING GAMEPLAYS AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME, BUT IDK WHAT THAT TIME SPAN IS. SO TO PLAY IT SAFE, MAKE SURE IT’S UNDER A WEEK OLD. IF ANYONE CAN LET ME KNOW WHEN THE GAMEPLAYS EXPIRE, PLEASE DO. THANKS.

Step 6: Once you find the game, click game details, make sure it’s the right game, look through the players and stats of the game. Make sure you think this is the one you want reviewed.

Step 7: Copy the link to the games details. Go to your e-mail and make an e-mail out to officialhowtohalo@gmail.com. Make the subject of the email the gametype and map of the gameplay. Example: Coliseum – CTF. Paste the link to the gameplay in the e-mails text.

Step 8: Copy and paste this survey into the e-mail, fill it out, and send it off.

What is your gamertag?
(I obviously need to know who’s submitting the gameplay :P)

Briefly describe your past experiences in FPS:
(How long have you been playing FPS? What’s the first FPS you played? How long have you been playing Halo? Which Halo did you start with? Etc, provide whatever info you think would be helpful that I know about you)

Are you trying to compete in the HCS? Or do you want to improve for fun?

What were your sensitivity and acceleration controller settings during this game? Have you changed them since? What have you changed them too?
(If you don’t remember, say “I don’t remember but I’ve changed them too…”)

Who were you playing with this game?
(BE SPECIFIC, were you playing with your team? Running games with a potential team? Your old team that just disbanded? One friend and two randoms? Etc)

​Do you know if the players you were playing against were a party?
(Were they a party of four? Two parties of two? Party of three? Etc, if you don’t know just say, idk.)

Which players on your team were calling out this game? Describe the communications:
(BE SPECIFIC, if you were in party chat the whole game, and played without callouts, say it. Describe the callouts from each player, were they calling out well? Often? Or barely? Were they raging? Picking fights with you or any other players?)

How were you feeling the majority of this game?
(BE SPECIFIC, were you raging often? A couple times, during your lost 1v1 fights? Were you calm, cool, and collected? Frustrated a lot? Mad at your teammates? Raging at them? Did you start calm but start to panic? AGAIN, BE SPECIFIC.)

​If this was a custom game, was it random 8s? Money $8s? Tournament? A gamebattles match? A skrim? Or were you running games with a potential team against another actual team, or a random team? Be specific:

Do you have anything you want covered specifically? Any questions on any specific situations? Any specific questions I may be able to answer?

Sorry if this survey is too much, but I want to deliver the best feedback I can to you! <3

ALSO, SORRY IF THIS POST IS MESSY, BUT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR SUBMISSIONS. <3

<mark>mod edit: moved to Community Creations</mark>