How to Get the Most Out of my Halo 5 Experience?

So regardless of the state of Halo 5 I keep finding myself coming back to it everyday. Despite being farmed, spawn killed and having loosing streaks of 5+ games, I just can’t find it in my heart to give up on the game.
However I have noticed when watching other peoples gameplay it just looks so smooth and flawless in comparison to mine. The game looks polished and silky smooth (graphically) and there doesn’t seem to even be any lag or hesitation in control.
So my question is, what can I do to get my Halo 5 game to look to good? Should I get a new controller, or a 4K TV? Upgrade to a Xbox one S or wait for the X? Just in general how can I imrove my Halo 5 experience and make it look and feel that flawless?
(Not in skill, or with the game itself- as a very late night and solo que player I just have come to accept that I will be matched in a lot of lost cause games with people much superior to me. Which is really ok, I can make my peace with it)

Gaming monitors really help IMO. But no need for a 4k monitor untill/if you get the Xbox one X. Also using wired connections are better than using WiFi.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> Gaming monitors really help IMO. But no need for a 4k monitor untill/if you get the Xbox one X. Also using wired connections are better than using WiFi.

I heard as well a wired controller is better or using the charging cable with a wireless can help control and delay as well. Is there some truth to that?

> 2533274845604770;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > Gaming monitors really help IMO. But no need for a 4k monitor untill/if you get the Xbox one X. Also using wired connections are better than using WiFi.
>
> I heard as well a wired controller is better or using the charging cable with a wireless can help control and delay as well. Is there some truth to that?

I honestly can’t tell a difference between a wireless controller and wired but I do prefer using wired simply because you never have to worry about changing a battery or plugging it in in the middle of play. Also when I switched to the elite controller my play really did improve because i could remap buttons and now never have to remove my thumbs from the thumbsticks and just the buttons under the controller instead of the a or b buttons

There are somethings one can do. But Op the issue you have described sure sounds like what I have been talking to Josh about… I do have a question… Have you ever checked to see if you have any bufferbloat issues? Every ISP has this issue. Some address it better then others though.

Whatever TV or monitor you’re using, if it has a game mode then turn it on. If your console is connected to your TV through a secondary device (AV receiver, as an example) then also find out if it has a game mode and turn it on. Wired controller, as already noted, is a small plus. Lastly, here’s something I’ve never heard anyone talk about but it’s made a big difference for me: controller settings > vibration > off. Netted me at least two extra kills per match. Not nearly enough to break even, but every little bit helps.

> 2533274845604770;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > Gaming monitors really help IMO. But no need for a 4k monitor untill/if you get the Xbox one X. Also using wired connections are better than using WiFi.
>
> I heard as well a wired controller is better or using the charging cable with a wireless can help control and delay as well. Is there some truth to that?

Yes, though it won’t be easy to notice.

> 2533274873843883;6:
> Whatever TV or monitor you’re using, if it has a game mode then turn it on. If your console is connected to your TV through a secondary device (AV receiver, as an example) then also find out if it has a game mode and turn it on. Wired controller, as already noted, is a small plus. Lastly, here’s something I’ve never heard anyone talk about but it’s made a big difference for me: controller settings > vibration > off. Netted me at least two extra kills per match. Not nearly enough to break even, but every little bit helps.

That is why I love the elite controller… Being able to adjust the vibration. I have mine turned way down.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> > 2533274873843883;6:
> > Whatever TV or monitor you’re using, if it has a game mode then turn it on. If your console is connected to your TV through a secondary device (AV receiver, as an example) then also find out if it has a game mode and turn it on. Wired controller, as already noted, is a small plus. Lastly, here’s something I’ve never heard anyone talk about but it’s made a big difference for me: controller settings > vibration > off. Netted me at least two extra kills per match. Not nearly enough to break even, but every little bit helps.
>
> That is why I love the elite controller… Being able to adjust the vibration. I have mine turned way down.

I would really like to try one, but you know how sometimes you’re driving down the road… and you can hear this amazing stereo system in another car… and you know the guy spent thousands of dollars on that stereo system… and then you see the car itself and it’s a rusted out '85 Civic. Well, the elite controller is the expensive stereo and I’m the rusted out Civic. Unless that controller has a magic button that freezes time and aimbots then it really can’t help me at this point.

> 2533274795501334;5:
> There are somethings one can do. But Op the issue you have described sure sounds like what I have been talking to Josh about… I do have a question… Have you ever checked to see if you have any bufferbloat issues? Every ISP has this issue. Some address it better then others though.

I certainly will check and read up on it. I’m not very smart when it comes to wifi and all that but thank you for the tip, I’ll look into it asap c:

> 2533274873843883;6:
> Whatever TV or monitor you’re using, if it has a game mode then turn it on. If your console is connected to your TV through a secondary device (AV receiver, as an example) then also find out if it has a game mode and turn it on. Wired controller, as already noted, is a small plus. Lastly, here’s something I’ve never heard anyone talk about but it’s made a big difference for me: controller settings > vibration > off. Netted me at least two extra kills per match. Not nearly enough to break even, but every little bit helps.

Thank you I’ll check to see, though I think it might have a game mode c: I know my console is connected to my tv solely by a basic Xbox one HDMI cable but my tv itself might have that option. What all does game mode do?
And I did try turning off vibration for a week and my shots did improve a lot after a week. But, and I know this sounds weird, I honestly find the vibration, believe it or not, kinda comforting to me when I play. Like it’s the one thing that always stayed with me throughout the years I played halo. So at the cost of my aim I use the vibration for that XD
thank you as well for the tips, I really appreciate it!

> 2533274816788253;8:
> > 2533274873843883;6:
> > Whatever TV or monitor you’re using, if it has a game mode then turn it on. If your console is connected to your TV through a secondary device (AV receiver, as an example) then also find out if it has a game mode and turn it on. Wired controller, as already noted, is a small plus. Lastly, here’s something I’ve never heard anyone talk about but it’s made a big difference for me: controller settings > vibration > off. Netted me at least two extra kills per match. Not nearly enough to break even, but every little bit helps.
>
> That is why I love the elite controller… Being able to adjust the vibration. I have mine turned way down.

I don’t have much money as I’m saving for the Xbox one x and a 4K tv to accompy it. But on a scale of 1-10 how much would you recommend the elite controller? And how durable is it? I’m rough on my electronics and if it’s not very durable I think it better I pass on it.

> 2533274845604770;12:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > 2533274873843883;6:
> > > Whatever TV or monitor you’re using, if it has a game mode then turn it on. If your console is connected to your TV through a secondary device (AV receiver, as an example) then also find out if it has a game mode and turn it on. Wired controller, as already noted, is a small plus. Lastly, here’s something I’ve never heard anyone talk about but it’s made a big difference for me: controller settings > vibration > off. Netted me at least two extra kills per match. Not nearly enough to break even, but every little bit helps.
> >
> > That is why I love the elite controller… Being able to adjust the vibration. I have mine turned way down.
>
> I don’t have much money as I’m saving for the Xbox one x and a 4K tv to accompy it. But on a scale of 1-10 how much would you recommend the elite controller? And how durable is it? I’m rough on my electronics and if it’s not very durable I think it better I pass on it.

I love my elite controller but being that it is so expensive I treated it like fine China. Never threw it, slammed it, or squeezed it or anything like that. When I wasn’t using it I put it back in it’s case.

> 2533274873843883;9:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > 2533274873843883;6:
> > > Whatever TV or monitor you’re using, if it has a game mode then turn it on. If your console is connected to your TV through a secondary device (AV receiver, as an example) then also find out if it has a game mode and turn it on. Wired controller, as already noted, is a small plus. Lastly, here’s something I’ve never heard anyone talk about but it’s made a big difference for me: controller settings > vibration > off. Netted me at least two extra kills per match. Not nearly enough to break even, but every little bit helps.
> >
> > That is why I love the elite controller… Being able to adjust the vibration. I have mine turned way down.
>
> I would really like to try one, but you know how sometimes you’re driving down the road… and you can hear this amazing stereo system in another car… and you know the guy spent thousands of dollars on that stereo system… and then you see the car itself and it’s a rusted out '85 Civic. Well, the elite controller is the expensive stereo and I’m the rusted out Civic. Unless that controller has a magic button that freezes time and aimbots then it really can’t help me at this point.

Yeah I hear that… my Xbox one is out of commission right now and can’t bring myself to get another one right now with the xbox one x coming out soon. I am also a car guy and have two projects going right now a 1979 cj5, runs and drives good but could use some stuff, and my major build of a Bradley GT 2 kit that I can’t quite decide a good direction on but I am leaning towards a warthog/Baja flavor gt 2. Something that has never been seen.

> 2533274816788253;4:
> > 2533274845604770;3:
> > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > Gaming monitors really help IMO. But no need for a 4k monitor untill/if you get the Xbox one X. Also using wired connections are better than using WiFi.
> >
> > I heard as well a wired controller is better or using the charging cable with a wireless can help control and delay as well. Is there some truth to that?
>
> I honestly can’t tell a difference between a wireless controller and wired but I do prefer using wired simply because you never have to worry about changing a battery or plugging it in in the middle of play. Also when I switched to the elite controller my play really did improve because i could remap buttons and now never have to remove my thumbs from the thumbsticks and just the buttons under the controller instead of the a or b buttons

I don’t know about the tech stuff, but you should think about button mapping. If you want to strafe it’s going to be hard with the available control schemes or learning claw grip. You can try button mapping even without an elite controller. It will take getting used to.

> 2533274845604770;11:
> > 2533274873843883;6:
>
> Thank you I’ll check to see, though I think it might have a game mode c: I know my console is connected to my tv solely by a basic Xbox one HDMI cable but my tv itself might have that option. What all does game mode do?
> And I did try turning off vibration for a week and my shots did improve a lot after a week. But, and I know this sounds weird, I honestly find the vibration, believe it or not, kinda comforting to me when I play. Like it’s the one thing that always stayed with me throughout the years I played halo. So at the cost of my aim I use the vibration for that XD
> thank you as well for the tips, I really appreciate it!

Yeah, I still go back and forth with vibration…

The game mode in devices like TVs and receivers is there to stop those devices from doing any image manipulation which would slow down the signal path. The idea being that when you make an input to your controller then you should see and feel the effects on your screen as immediately as possible. So you’re basically just reducing input lag to the absolute minimum that it can be. When input lag is bad it’s kinda like playing the game with your feet stuck in the mud. When it’s really bad it truly becomes unplayable. It’s hard to describe the effects of input lag but you know something’s wrong even if you don’t know that’s what it is.

Best of luck!

> 2533274816788253;14:
> > 2533274873843883;9:
> > > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > > 2533274873843883;6:
> > > > Whatever TV or monitor you’re using, if it has a game mode then turn it on. If your console is connected to your TV through a secondary device (AV receiver, as an example) then also find out if it has a game mode and turn it on. Wired controller, as already noted, is a small plus. Lastly, here’s something I’ve never heard anyone talk about but it’s made a big difference for me: controller settings > vibration > off. Netted me at least two extra kills per match. Not nearly enough to break even, but every little bit helps.
> > >
> > > That is why I love the elite controller… Being able to adjust the vibration. I have mine turned way down.
> >
> > I would really like to try one, but you know how sometimes you’re driving down the road… and you can hear this amazing stereo system in another car… and you know the guy spent thousands of dollars on that stereo system… and then you see the car itself and it’s a rusted out '85 Civic. Well, the elite controller is the expensive stereo and I’m the rusted out Civic. Unless that controller has a magic button that freezes time and aimbots then it really can’t help me at this point.
>
> Yeah I hear that… my Xbox one is out of commission right now and can’t bring myself to get another one right now with the xbox one x coming out soon. I am also a car guy and have two projects going right now a 1979 cj5, runs and drives good but could use some stuff, and my major build of a Bradley GT 2 kit that I can’t quite decide a good direction on but I am leaning towards a warthog/Baja flavor gt 2. Something that has never been seen.

Jeep! That made me laugh because my brother is (was) a Jeep junkie. He had base JK he bought the first year they were out and he spent years building it out. It finally got to the point where he wouldn’t even drive it anywhere because he didn’t want to put miles on it - as if mileage is the only thing that destroys vehicles! Of course, I’m just the opposite. If somebody gave me a Ferrari I’d drive every day including in the snow no matter how much salt was on the road. Cars are made for driving, not for rubbing with diapers. Now that warthog Bradley sounds awesome. Make that happen! Then post lots of pictures in community creations.

Also, best of luck!