How to get into Competitive Halo

Omg this is making me angry when people think throwdown is dlc required.

JUST DOWNLOAD FORGE ISLAND ITS FREE

Team slayer is dlc required so if you want to play 4v4 slayer try throwdown its a good competitive playlist thats fun and challenging that matches you with good players.

If your not competitive give it a try it makes you better, its more challenging, you can make money from it and its fun.

Getting better tips

1. Even if you dont have a good shot practice practice practice play octagon with a friend. I have octagon in my fileshare and the gametype if you need it. Octagon is a good place to practice your shot or just to warm up before a game.

2.Go in to rumble pit its a ffa playlist where if you do bad you have no team mates to blame its a fast paced constant going action that will improve your shot and nading.

1. Go for a csr 50 in rumble pit even though its not in game it still gives you something to go for that keeps you playing the game. When you get a 50 you get a cool looking 50 with flames on it next to your service record. As you rank around the 30s youll start matching better people and when you play better people thats better than you it makes you better.

2. Learn callouts for maps look them on youtube or ask a pro that is streaming on twitch.tv i know some youtube channels that give you some tips i.e youtube.com/ninja, youtube.com/gobeyond ent, http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSAjj4gAgyy5YSI1gedp79w, and much more.

3. Get a team to go into throwdown with its much better because you have communication you dont get matched with randoms and if you guys like each other and play well enough you can try to compete at agl (arena gaming league) for money.

Most important watch this guys tips for the br he basically taught me how to use the br and gave me so good tactics along with it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nUAO2sERAA

Other notes I want to add:
Team Snipers (UNSC SNIPERS) is good practice for snapshots, and sniping in general.
Use a mic
Learn the layouts, and map spawns for throwdown maps

throwdown is the best playlist in this game in my opinion.

about the only thing i really wanna play other than maybe ctf or maybe ricochet

I’m a longtime Infinity Slayer who just tried out Throwdown as I don’t have the Majestic DLC.

I inquired about the settings, as I was new to the gametype, and when they asked why I didn’t know them, I said I usually play Infinity but was locked out. I was promptly verbally berated the entire match for being in the wrong playlist. Maybe I ended up in the wrong game in terms of players.

> I’m a longtime Infinity Slayer who just tried out Throwdown as I don’t have the Majestic DLC.
>
> I inquired about the settings, as I was new to the gametype, and when they asked why I didn’t know them, I said I usually play Infinity but was locked out. I was promptly verbally berated the entire match for being in the wrong playlist. Maybe I ended up in the wrong game in terms of players.

Ignore them the competitive community is always negative about infinity settings thats why they play throwdown. I mean i to hate infinity settings thats why i vote legendary slayer br in infinity.

> > I’m a longtime Infinity Slayer who just tried out Throwdown as I don’t have the Majestic DLC.
> >
> > I inquired about the settings, as I was new to the gametype, and when they asked why I didn’t know them, I said I usually play Infinity but was locked out. I was promptly verbally berated the entire match for being in the wrong playlist. Maybe I ended up in the wrong game in terms of players.
>
> Ignore them the competitive community is always negative about infinity settings thats why they play throwdown. I mean i to hate infinity settings thats why i vote legendary slayer br in infinity.

From a competitive view point, infinity slayer has been crucial to the downfall of our favourite game franchise.

Put simply: we hate infinity

Granted there are the over zealous try hates among us who will shout you down, just wait for a nice cooperative set of players to help you out. Once you get into v4 & soon v5 you’ll love them so much more than infinity

> > > I’m a longtime Infinity Slayer who just tried out Throwdown as I don’t have the Majestic DLC.
> > >
> > > I inquired about the settings, as I was new to the gametype, and when they asked why I didn’t know them, I said I usually play Infinity but was locked out. I was promptly verbally berated the entire match for being in the wrong playlist. Maybe I ended up in the wrong game in terms of players.
> >
> > Ignore them the competitive community is always negative about infinity settings thats why they play throwdown. I mean i to hate infinity settings thats why i vote legendary slayer br in infinity.
>
> From a competitive view point, infinity slayer has been crucial to the downfall of our favourite game franchise.
>
> Put simply: we hate infinity
>
> Granted there are the over zealous try hards among us who will shout you down, just wait for a nice cooperative set of players to help you out. Once you get into v4 & soon v5 you’ll love them so much more than infinity

> I’m a longtime Infinity Slayer who just tried out Throwdown as I don’t have the Majestic DLC.
>
> I inquired about the settings, as I was new to the gametype, and when they asked why I didn’t know them, I said I usually play Infinity but was locked out. I was promptly verbally berated the entire match for being in the wrong playlist. Maybe I ended up in the wrong game in terms of players.

My biggest problem with throwdown is how it’s players think they are so much more competitive and better than everyone else. If their noses were held any higher in the air they would be looking at the sky. I had the same response on the occasion I tried it.

> My biggest problem with throwdown is how it’s players think they are so much more competitive and better than everyone else. If their noses were held any higher in the air they would be looking at the sky. I had the same response on the occasion I tried it.

I agree… i mean, its not infinity that killed halo, not wholly, maybe it didnt help, but its not like infinity went up and shot ‘competitive’ halo in its sleep…

but i personally believe age is whats killing halo… arena shooters in general are becoming a niche market now… so many more people (and therefore so much more money) is in casual gaming, ya know, for fun… so of course a company wants to try to target them.

i think competitive stuff should stay of course, but aiming for less major halo fans is also a viable strategy, 343i had the right plan… go after both markets, the problem is, they didn’t get it right with halo 4, if i hear halo 5 is basically gonna be like halo 3 was, i’ll be sticking with the PS4 for a looong time.

> >
>
> I agree… i mean, its not infinity that killed halo, not wholly, maybe it didnt help, but its not like infinity went up and shot ‘competitive’ halo in its sleep…
>
> but i personally believe age is whats killing halo… arena shooters in general are becoming a niche market now… so many more people (and therefore so much more money) is in casual gaming, ya know, for fun… so of course a company wants to try to target them.
>
> i think competitive stuff should stay of course, but aiming for less major halo fans is also a viable strategy, 343i had the right plan… go after both markets, the problem is, they didn’t get it right with halo 4, if i hear halo 5 is basically gonna be like halo 3 was, i’ll be sticking with the PS4 for a looong time.

Halo’s thing now is its an arena/class hybrid shooter. There is no other game like that (that I can think of) right now and halo is doing an excellent job at it. It should continue down this path; not forgeting it’s past yet looking brightly at the future, so to speak.

Just waiting for them to deliver in 5…

> Just waiting for them to deliver in 5…

The million dollar question is “if” they will deliver rather than they “will” deliver in Halo 5.

They have to otherwise they will completely lose the older generation of halo players (my own opinion of course). They have to be listening to the outcry of disappointment and although they are generally quite on the forum, I think our issues will be resolved. Yes I’m an optimist.