How to get "host" in every game you play.

1. Call your ISP and downgrade your internet package to the lowest they have.
  2. Boot up Halo 4
  3. Enjoy host.

Its truly unbelieveable that I have Verizon FiOS and yet i have to suffer with the people who have crappy connections. Why give them host? So they have a fair advantage. So what is the point of ultra fast internet then?

HELLO 343i If i can host a game of BTB and everyone has green STOP giving host to the “poor” people and stop giving host to the rage quitters.

#endblackscreens ← (ya thats right)

It is weird, my friend who has a horrible connection somehow got host and put every other player in black screen for about 5 mins while only they played.

Is it really that hard for the game to profile someones upload speed and latency and make it part of the host selection process?

Yeah and i’m all for not giving host to someone with a history of quitting.

Still say dedicated servers are the answer.

I mean, almost all of Halo’s competition now has dedicated servers, and I know several of my friends jumped ship for that reason…

Sadly Halo has always been like this, i blame MS and their stupid host history crap they use in Halo. CoD is the way to go imo player with best connection in the lobby always gets host and with a working region filter.

Allso how bad is it that even in custom games in Halo the players still cant control who gets host, the game selects it.
Again CoD has been doing that right for ages now, player who starts a custom lobby is host so it’s easy for the players to decide that the player with best connection should host.

All my +1’s.

It’s almost as if the system deliberately picks the worst possible, third-world dial-up connection to host…

A lot of the time when someone who has bad internet gets host, it’s because they recently got a new Xbox. Some people constantly buy new 360’s, play on them for a while, take them back because they “don’t work”, get a new one and repeat so they can keep pulling host for things like Gamebattles.

> Sadly Halo has always been like this, i blame MS and their stupid host history crap they use in Halo. CoD is the way to go imo player with best connection in the lobby always gets host and with a working region filter.
>
> Allso how bad is it that even in custom games in Halo the players still cant control who gets host, the game selects it.
> Again CoD has been doing that right for ages now, player who starts a custom lobby is host so it’s easy for the players to decide that the player with best connection should host.

Reach’s networking was actually incredibly improved from halo 3. Halo 4 seems to have gone back down a step though, which is weird considering they copied everything else directly from Reach.

That’s what you get for buying a crappy game bro, sorry to tell ya. There’s no point playing FPS’s seriously anymore until a) Fiber Optic becomes the norm for everyone and b) Games start using dedicated servers again. I refuse to buy any online multiplayer game that doesn’t use dedicated servers, period. Why? BECAUSE THE GAME EXPERIENCE WILL OBVIOUSLY SUCK, USE YOUR HEADS GUYS!!!

It is a lot easier to connect people by lowering everyone elses connection speed to the lowest person speed. That is how Halo 4 host works, P2P.

I dont think the game would even work if you gave host to who has best connection because you cant make someone who has a bad connection better to match up with the best connection host.

That is why Halo 4 need dedicated servers to host lobbies… NOT P2P.

Can’t stand seeing threads like this. Far too presumptuous and self-centered.

However, I do very much agree with bringing someone’s quit record into play as far as getting Host.

That’s on top of just cleaning it up in general… it really is quite shabby and is probably the biggest cause of long-term frustration with a game.

Its frustrating and at other times just amusing to see how bad connections are for not just me but everyone else in a game. Playing grifball the other day with a terrible host led to people being killed without the enemy even swinging on their screen as well as lunges halfway across the map in rare occasions (at least that is the way I see it from my perspective).

My biggest complaint about the connection is the lack of actively showing the connections of everyone in the game. I actually opened up the game case looking for a manual to better understand the connection bars (I’m assuming they are) that you can sometimes see during a game.

If anyone can explain this function to me would be awesome

1. Be the only American I’m a full lobby of Australians.
  2. Enjoy host

Once I played ops in a party of 4 and my friend who was tormenting like a madman somehow hosted all the games.

Fail