How to get Good at Reach

This is a guide for all of the people from the bottom to the middle end of the Reach “skill” spectrum. I’m not claiming to be good. About 70% of my FL would wipe the floor with me. This is just something I believe will make you a better Halo player.

NOTE: All scenarios are based on if you’re a random player.

1. Don’t betray other people for power weapons.
    I don’t care if the person who grabbed it is the worst sniper in Halo history. Trying to betray him is not going to help you, and succeeding will either net you a boot, or a vengeful shadow for the rest of the game. Note when the person grabbed the power weapon and try and be at the weapon spawn the next time it comes up. Here’s a short list of common weapon times

Rockets: 3:00
Sniper: 2:00
Nade Launcher: 2:00
Sword: 2:00

1. Stay with your team
    You aren’t Rambo. If you stay near a teammate, you can dominate any single person unless they have a power weapon, or you are both low shields. Even if your teammate has the aim of a person high on -Yoink!-, one shot is usually the difference between winning a battle and losing it.

2. Stay in the high ground/choke points
    It seems like common sense, but I can’t describe how many times I’ve seen teammates leave power positions like Ring 2 to chase one kill. It doesn’t matter if you don’t get that one kill right there at that moment. Just stay focused on the big picture and stay where you are. There will be other opportunities.

3. Know when to run away
    Like I said in point 2, you aren’t Rambo. If you know that you’re going to be overwhelmed, run away. It isn’t a bad thing to stay alive, even if you have to temporarily give up a power position to get away. If you can’t get away, try to trade kills with your opponent or weaken them for teammates.

4. Don’t play selfishly
    There’s no point to getting that +50 if your team loses in the end. Crouching in the back of your base with a shotgun, or camping in one spot with a Sniper isn’t helping your team. Push up with them, and respond to situations you see. If your teammates are calling out, look towards their spot and try to help them. Call out kills you don’t clean up.

Hope this helps people.

Good post for most…and hopefully most will figure it out, and it WILL make the game more enjoyable for them.

> This is a guide for all of the people from the bottom to the middle end of the Reach “skill” spectrum. I’m not claiming to be good. About 70% of my FL would wipe the floor with me. This is just something I believe will make you a better Halo player.
>
> NOTE: All scenarios are based on if you’re a random player.
>
> 1) Don’t betray other people for power weapons.
> I don’t care if the person who grabbed it is the worst sniper in Halo history. Trying to betray him is not going to help you, and succeeding will either net you a boot, or a vengeful shadow for the rest of the game. Note when the person grabbed the power weapon and try and be at the weapon spawn the next time it comes up. Here’s a short list of common weapon times
>
> Rockets: 3:00
> Sniper: 2:00
> Nade Launcher: 2:00
> Sword: 2:00
>
> 2) Stay with your team
> You aren’t Rambo. If you stay near a teammate, you can dominate any single person unless they have a power weapon, or you are both low shields. Even if your teammate has the aim of a person high on -Yoink!-, one shot is usually the difference between winning a battle and losing it.
>
> 3) Stay in the high ground/choke points
> It seems like common sense, but I can’t describe how many times I’ve seen teammates leave power positions like Ring 2 to chase one kill. It doesn’t matter if you don’t get that one kill right there at that moment. Just stay focused on the big picture and stay where you are. There will be other opportunities.
>
> 4) Know when to run away
> Like I said in point 2, you aren’t Rambo. If you know that you’re going to be overwhelmed, run away. It isn’t a bad thing to stay alive, even if you have to temporarily give up a power position to get away. If you can’t get away, try to trade kills with your opponent or weaken them for teammates.
>
> 5) Don’t play selfishly
> There’s no point to getting that +50 if your team loses in the end. Crouching in the back of your base with a shotgun, or camping in one spot with a Sniper isn’t helping your team. Push up with them, and respond to situations you see. If your teammates are calling out, look towards their spot and try to help them. Call out kills you don’t clean up.
>
> Hope this helps people.

Solution is real simple. Watch Lol-Reach MLG and take notes.

If only tips like this were available for everyone to see in-game.

I can’t really enjoy Halo if i dont have an entire party of friends because if i go alone, im bound to get paired up with nubs who don’t know tactics even if their lives depended on it.

> > This is a guide for all of the people from the bottom to the middle end of the Reach “skill” spectrum. I’m not claiming to be good. About 70% of my FL would wipe the floor with me. This is just something I believe will make you a better Halo player.
> >
> > NOTE: All scenarios are based on if you’re a random player.
> >
> > 1) Don’t betray other people for power weapons.
> > I don’t care if the person who grabbed it is the worst sniper in Halo history. Trying to betray him is not going to help you, and succeeding will either net you a boot, or a vengeful shadow for the rest of the game. Note when the person grabbed the power weapon and try and be at the weapon spawn the next time it comes up. Here’s a short list of common weapon times
> >
> > Rockets: 3:00
> > Sniper: 2:00
> > Nade Launcher: 2:00
> > Sword: 2:00
> >
> > 2) Stay with your team
> > You aren’t Rambo. If you stay near a teammate, you can dominate any single person unless they have a power weapon, or you are both low shields. Even if your teammate has the aim of a person high on -Yoink!-, one shot is usually the difference between winning a battle and losing it.
> >
> > 3) Stay in the high ground/choke points
> > It seems like common sense, but I can’t describe how many times I’ve seen teammates leave power positions like Ring 2 to chase one kill. It doesn’t matter if you don’t get that one kill right there at that moment. Just stay focused on the big picture and stay where you are. There will be other opportunities.
> >
> > 4) Know when to run away
> > Like I said in point 2, you aren’t Rambo. If you know that you’re going to be overwhelmed, run away. It isn’t a bad thing to stay alive, even if you have to temporarily give up a power position to get away. If you can’t get away, try to trade kills with your opponent or weaken them for teammates.
> >
> > 5) Don’t play selfishly
> > There’s no point to getting that +50 if your team loses in the end. Crouching in the back of your base with a shotgun, or camping in one spot with a Sniper isn’t helping your team. Push up with them, and respond to situations you see. If your teammates are calling out, look towards their spot and try to help them. Call out kills you don’t clean up.
> >
> > Hope this helps people.
>
> Solution is real simple. Watch Lol-Reach MLG and take notes.

Eh. That wouldn’t really help considering that this is a guide for people without a team to run with.

Very few concern themselves with informing those that run solo and while this seem like common knowledge to the hardcore, the uninitiated could most likely pick up a few thing from your field guide. Good stuff and welcome to Waypoint =)