How to get Armour in Halo 5

In previous Halo games, we had to unlock our armour by levelling up, completing commendations, saving CR (Reach) etc. But in Halo 5 there is a mix of getting armour. With the new REQ system in place we will have a new way to collect armour.

Completing Commendations: I theorize that when you complete a commendation you will unlock a REQ card with Armour variant, and its also possible that you may also unlock a REQ card for an Armour skin to use.

Levelling Up: It is possible when you are levelling up, you will unlock permanent REQ cards that you cannot throw away but will have them in your armour collection.

Purchasing REQ Cards: As we may know all of the DLC for H5 is going to be free but we can purchase REQ packs and those REQ packs MAY be of different rarities and will contain armour and armour skins and a variety of different REQ Cards as well.

This is all I know for now and this will be updated once Halo 5 comes out on Oct.27 so mark those calendars people!

Don’t forget some armor will be unlockable via MCC achievements (Helioskrill, etc) and things like watching Nightfall (Nightfall armor) on the Halo Channel. So there may be more armors in H5 linked to achievements in MCC or H5 that we don’t know about. :smiley:

> 2533274968681349;1:
> In previous Halo games, we had to unlock our armour by levelling up, completing commendations, saving CR (Reach) etc. But in Halo 5 there is a mix of getting armour. With the new REQ system in place we will have a new way to collect armour.
>
> Completing Commendations: I theorize that when you complete a commendation you will unlock a REQ card with Armour variant, and its also possible that you may also unlock a REQ card for an Armour skin to use.
>
> Levelling Up: It is possible when you are levelling up, you will unlock permanent REQ cards that you cannot throw away but will have them in your armour collection.
>
> Purchasing REQ Cards: As we may know all of the DLC for H5 is going to be free but we can purchase REQ packs and those REQ packs MAY be of different rarities and will contain armour and armour skins and a variety of different REQ Cards as well.
>
> This is all I know for now and this will be updated once Halo 5 comes out on Oct.27 so mark those calendars people!

Just to stress this: You DO NOT need to purchase REQ cards with real money to unlock content in game. All content in game can be unlocked for free just by playing the game.

> 2533274795233660;3:
> > 2533274968681349;1:
> > In previous Halo games, we had to unlock our armour by levelling up, completing commendations, saving CR (Reach) etc. But in Halo 5 there is a mix of getting armour. With the new REQ system in place we will have a new way to collect armour.
> >
> > Completing Commendations: I theorize that when you complete a commendation you will unlock a REQ card with Armour variant, and its also possible that you may also unlock a REQ card for an Armour skin to use.
> >
> > Levelling Up: It is possible when you are levelling up, you will unlock permanent REQ cards that you cannot throw away but will have them in your armour collection.
> >
> > Purchasing REQ Cards: As we may know all of the DLC for H5 is going to be free but we can purchase REQ packs and those REQ packs MAY be of different rarities and will contain armour and armour skins and a variety of different REQ Cards as well.
> >
> > This is all I know for now and this will be updated once Halo 5 comes out on Oct.27 so mark those calendars people!
>
>
> Just to stress this: You DO NOT need to purchase REQ cards with real money to unlock content in game. All content in game can be unlocked for free just by playing the game.

Glad they made it like that. I knew though.

> 2533274795233660;3:
> > 2533274968681349;1:
> > In previous Halo games, we had to unlock our armour by levelling up, completing commendations, saving CR (Reach) etc. But in Halo 5 there is a mix of getting armour. With the new REQ system in place we will have a new way to collect armour.
> >
> > Completing Commendations: I theorize that when you complete a commendation you will unlock a REQ card with Armour variant, and its also possible that you may also unlock a REQ card for an Armour skin to use.
> >
> > Levelling Up: It is possible when you are levelling up, you will unlock permanent REQ cards that you cannot throw away but will have them in your armour collection.
> >
> > Purchasing REQ Cards: As we may know all of the DLC for H5 is going to be free but we can purchase REQ packs and those REQ packs MAY be of different rarities and will contain armour and armour skins and a variety of different REQ Cards as well.
> >
> > This is all I know for now and this will be updated once Halo 5 comes out on Oct.27 so mark those calendars people!
>
>
> Just to stress this: You DO NOT need to purchase REQ cards with real money to unlock content in game. All content in game can be unlocked for free just by playing the game.

While true obtaining the REQ cards are RNG. So you can’t really say “I’m going after X armor” because it’s all up to RNG when it’ll be unlock. Bad move in my opinion.

I went through the comments (kind of) but is there any definite way to unlock armor, i’ve been playing really well lately and leveling up quickly and what not but haven’t unlocked a single new piece of armor, i dont care much about my badge, or tag or whatever but i’ve been playing on the original set for too long now and i’m losing patience…there has to be a way to unlock it without just crossing your fingers and hoping for the best thats absurd.

> 2535417790694114;6:
> I went through the comments (kind of) but is there any definite way to unlock armor, i’ve been playing really well lately and leveling up quickly and what not but haven’t unlocked a single new piece of armor, i dont care much about my badge, or tag or whatever but i’ve been playing on the original set for too long now and i’m losing patience…there has to be a way to unlock it without just crossing your fingers and hoping for the best thats absurd.

Whats absurd is this -yoink- reviving a year old thread. Ban and lock pls mods

> 2535417790694114;6:
> I went through the comments (kind of) but is there any definite way to unlock armor, i’ve been playing really well lately and leveling up quickly and what not but haven’t unlocked a single new piece of armor, i dont care much about my badge, or tag or whatever but i’ve been playing on the original set for too long now and i’m losing patience…there has to be a way to unlock it without just crossing your fingers and hoping for the best thats absurd.

Ok don’t revive old threads please.

Seriously have you heard of REQ packs? Or have you and been purchasing gold packs only? Buy silvers first until you unlock all Commons, Uncommons, and Rares, then start buying Gold Packs.

(Mods can there be a sticky post so we don’t have to constantly relay the silver pack information???)

The revive is worse than a zombie apocalypse.

> 2535417790694114;6:

Please don’t revive old threads, thanks.